Quantcast

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Dad's sister is unvaccinated, passed out Sunday before Thanksgiving and broke her nose and will lose teeth. Story is convoluted, but she tested positive this past week afterwards. Only reason she even got tested was because her boyfriend tested positive after a coworker he was in contact contracted Covid, but logic would indicate the she probably had it and gave it to him considering the passing out. How a physician wouldn't think to have her tested is beyond me. Apparently passed out again Friday. Not at a hospital yet as far as I'm aware of. In the midst of all of this, she had contact multiple times with my 89 yo grandparents and other physicians to address the fall trauma before testing....

...My Dad doesn't have the same type of relationship with his family as others do. He's fairly estranged from his sister, and my grandparents dogmatism surrounding the Jeebus has been a source of much drama. Regardless hoping he doesn't literally lose his immediate side of his family.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Despite other ridiculous, my ‘rents seem to be taking it seriously now, with full vax and boosters. My dad as a pharmacist and nurse was fighting some significant cognitive dissonance with how much hard right propaganda he listens to all the time, but he relied on his training. Now they are seeing quite a few friends drop off due to Covid and possibly more than normal because my mom coaches a weight loss program and a few of the drop-outs that have quit and regained weight succumbed pretty fast to an infection. Usually with other medical problems, but enough of them dying off to make an impact at least with my parents and at least one thing not being a Pelosi-conspiracy.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
183 confirmed Omikron cases in Denmark. Most from a concert with 2000 attendees and a highschool Christmas party. Who would have thought that these are a bad idea right now? :think: :disgust1:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BIL is up to 88-90 O2 and holding. Hospital needs beds so they are sending him home with Oxygen and steroids for now. Any change and he's back in. Definitely love my youngest daughter's bunt truths though :) He laughed when my sister told him about it. They are talking about getting the shot once they're able (60 days since they both have had it now). Here's to hoping they get the kids too!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BIL is up to 88-90 O2 and holding. Hospital needs beds so they are sending him home with Oxygen and steroids for now. Any change and he's back in. Definitely love my youngest daughter's bunt truths though :) He laughed when my sister told him about it. They are talking about getting the shot once they're able (60 days since they both have had it now). Here's to hoping they get the kids too!
Scary and risky way to have to learn a lesson

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked to a buddy/client who's 6 days older than me. Wife is a teacher and brought home COVID - got the whole family sick. Everyone cruised through it, but he got hammered. Ended up in hospital with O2 levels in 80's. Got sent home with O2 for over a month. Said that he lost over 30# of mass, largely muscle. Can barely ride 2 miles on flat terrain on his road bike now.
Semi-retired cop (might go back if second career fails, but left because he didn't like where it was heading), but doesn't know if he'll be able to pass the basic physical now. Former SWAT, super fit guy, but not vaccinated.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So this guy at work is not quite an anti-vaxxer, but definitely vaccine skeptic. At the beginning of a meeting shortly after I first started (a couple months ago) he was going on a bit of a rant about studies from Israel were showing negative long-term effects of the mRNA vaccines, that he wasn't opposed but just wanted to see what the side effects were, general distrust of Big Pharma, if he was gonna get vaccinated it'd be the J&J, blah blah blah. All the typical anti-vax BS. Well, I think his wife had to be hospitalized for cancer issues not too long ago, so he was essentially forced to get vaccinated to visit her. He went with the J&J, of course, and lost no time in letting everyone who'd listen know that it "wasn't by his own choice" and what the fuck ever.

Fast forward to today, and he announces in our daily standup that he tested positive for COVID last week, and that it really wasn't a big deal for him. Headaches, slight cough, loss of taste and smell, etc. Then the fucker goes on to spout off with "Well if you ask me, the vaccine is what caused it. I mean, months and months or even a year or two and I never got it. And then I got the vaccine, and I get it? I mean c'mon, right?"

Fucking mouth breathers. Had to vent, thanks for listening.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So this guy at work is not quite an anti-vaxxer, but definitely vaccine skeptic. At the beginning of a meeting shortly after I first started (a couple months ago) he was going on a bit of a rant about studies from Israel were showing negative long-term effects of the mRNA vaccines, that he wasn't opposed but just wanted to see what the side effects were, general distrust of Big Pharma, if he was gonna get vaccinated it'd be the J&J, blah blah blah. All the typical anti-vax BS. Well, I think his wife had to be hospitalized for cancer issues not too long ago, so he was essentially forced to get vaccinated to visit her. He went with the J&J, of course, and lost no time in letting everyone who'd listen know that it "wasn't by his own choice" and what the fuck ever.

Fast forward to today, and he announces in our daily standup that he tested positive for COVID last week, and that it really wasn't a big deal for him. Headaches, slight cough, loss of taste and smell, etc. Then the fucker goes on to spout off with "Well if you ask me, the vaccine is what caused it. I mean, months and months or even a year or two and I never got it. And then I got the vaccine, and I get it? I mean c'mon, right?"

You couldn't respond with the classic, "Jane, you ignorant slut"??

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You couldn't respond with the classic, "Jane, you ignorant slut"??
As a contractor, I'm taking the "let's not rock the boat" sort of approach. I definitely tried to affect change (work related change, mind you) at my last contract gig, and I am pretty confident that is part of the reason they let me go.

So he's an anti-vaxxer?
Yeah pretty much.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

This was why I was not only closed to the public for over a year, but only worked at night, after everyone else had left the building. I did this because my 83 year old parents were depending on me for everything so they could stay home and safe. And I know it was the right decision even though it put my "business" in the toilet. One of my neighbors who refused to wear a mask was in her shop last December sick with Covid. Who knows who many people that self-centered idiot infected. But it damn sure wasn't my parents. Fuck her !

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As a contractor, I'm taking the "let's not rock the boat" sort of approach. I definitely tried to affect change (work related change, mind you) at my last contract gig, and I am pretty confident that is part of the reason they let me go.

Yeah pretty much.
find a way to shit in his desk...