Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FE788D15-A364-43CD-BB26-8D52646393EF.jpeg

this is kid 1’s test after 3 minutes. Testing the rest of us now as in theory the wife and I have concert 2 to perform in tonight… if I go I’ll be masking when not playing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd call them about the close contact before showing up. You may be already infectious, too.
I emailed our conductor, and no indication he doesn’t want me there. Several people in the horns a row ahead of us and another trumpet player have been hacking away with coughs this past week (but reportedly COVID negative) and I’m totally asymptomatic.

I’ll still mask between pieces tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was in the market this afternoon must have been 100 people in there. I saw 3 masked customers besides myself and 5 masked employees. Overconfidence may come with a high price. Folks gave me weird looks and were reading the logo on my shirt "Arcadia Ambulance" then noticing the EMS pants and trauma shears on the thigh pocket. I like wearing a mask because no one can lip read me mouthing you're a fucking dumbass to them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was in the market this afternoon must have been 100 people in there. I saw 3 masked customers besides myself and 5 masked employees. Overconfidence may come with a high price. Folks gave me weird looks and were reading the logo on my shirt "Arcadia Ambulance" then noticing the EMS pants and trauma shears on the thigh pocket. I like wearing a mask because no one can lip read me mouthing you're a fucking dumbass to them.
Still N95/KN95's in our household.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Played my concert. (Did well, too!) Masked when not playing, even during long rest sections within pieces on stage. Who knows if I was a super spreader

Anyway, I’m not scheduled to be in house (at the hospital) until Friday. I’ll get a PCR done Thursday—good timing wrt when kid became symptomatic today.