Quantcast

Custom Paint Helmet Thread!!

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
vpsaline said:
Do you think I still managed to improve upon it?
You definitely managed to improve on it! The stock TLD paintjob was good, but yours is great. I really like the way you and Hucked2bend slightly altered the stock paintjobs , but kept the original design. Both helmets look really good.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
vpsaline, that helmet looks awesome! I like the way you improved upon the stock design rather than creating a whole new one.

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I know this post is useless until it's done, but Dylan Dean had my lid in for paint and should be done in a week or two...can't wait! I'll post pics if he doesn't.

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
And another, with a little punk rock flair. The flames, Ratfink & eyeball are by Doug Dorr, a great artist in the OC. The Ratfink is super detailed, almost looks like a decal!!

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Got my helmet back from Luke! Totally stoked on this, it looks awesome! These pics do the basecaot no justice. Since its snowing out :( I'll have to get some more pics on a sunny day.

Dan

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Acadian said:
yeah I think that combo (e.g. red/grey/white) looks killer!!
That is a great combo, it even matches our new 06 kit :rolleyes:

Although, at the Otter we may be ghetto (jersey-less) I can hear them stiching fabric as I type this:mumble:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
sayndesyn said:
Is there a general consensus on the best paint to use? Acrylic from House of Color? I saw a large selection of Createx auto detailing spray paint at my local art store, but I haven't heard much about them...
i use a mix and match of a bunch of different things...but i can't say anything bad about urethanes..much better than createx

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Well, she's finally done! Just gotta whore it up with a few stickers and we are good. Super happy as usual with Brent @ Hijinx Custom Creations (plug plug plug) work. Should match up with the teams jerseys nicely. Lovin it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not a perfect job (there's a few drips on the trim around the neck hole and face hole). But it still looks great and MUCH better than it used to. best of all, it was effing free! :love: