Quantcast

DH World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia. LIVE THREAD

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Anyone else think Rachel Atherton is going to unleash a new level of domination on the women this year?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
My wedding is this weekend so I am not going to see it live, but I will be purchasing the reply thats for sure.
Prioritize my man, prioritize. You let her win this one and she'll expect it your whole lives. Lay it down from the beginning.:D
Congrats!

I'm ok with the paying. The guys at Freecaster has done awesome jobs in previous years, so they've earned it.

I've paid up, but if the stream is crap on this one, it may well be a Freecaster killer for sure.

And yes, bring Fabien into the booth with Rob. That would be the duo.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
well, the weather is changing all the time. it's sunny at the moment, but we had two serious downpours already today. the track dries quickly, but i doubt that it will dry out completely till sunday, there's some mixed weather forecasted for tomorrow, too. we'll see....

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
hey fraiser how about some updates and snapshots?

I'm very limited to where I can go on the web here at work, is Sam Hill hurt? With the wet weather he stands a good chance to win. The wet also decreases Kovarik from having a killer run, too bad.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Start list is up on UCI website.

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId=MTU5MjA&LangId=1

254 men and 40 women...

Maribor track will be very busy
Not as many as '08: 324 (290 + 34) raced back then!

Which out of interest, makes it by far the most populous DH world cup in recent years: http://www.rootsandrain.co.uk/organiser21/uci/?s2=4

Will be adding the 2010 results to the site as soon as possible, though I'll be at a race myself, so likely not until 8pm GMT on Sunday (midday pacific time, at a guess).

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
Not as many as '08: 324 (290 + 34) raced back then!

Which out of interest, makes it by far the most populous DH world cup in recent years: http://www.rootsandrain.co.uk/organiser21/uci/?s2=4

Will be adding the 2010 results to the site as soon as possible, though I'll be at a race myself, so likely not until 8pm GMT on Sunday (midday pacific time, at a guess).
Seb, is that your site? F'ing awesome!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
You mean like the time he didn't win Fort William in the pissing rain by 14 seconds? Or the time he didn't win MSA in the mud? Yep, he certainly does suck in the wet.
Or winning the Irish event 2 weeks ago in the slop…ya ya, not a world cup, but his WC podium capable teammates were there.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Or winning the Irish event 2 weeks ago in the slop…ya ya, not a world cup, but his WC podium capable teammates were there.
I remember him killing it in West Virginia back in like '03?? Never rained in West Virginia for the Nationals back then:rofl:

enough of this, sorry, back to the updates, Fraser, take some pictures of anything!!! We are all just excited about the WC season getting started. Let's get back to the steep 65 degree HA discussion:thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So, quick post beer updates.

Money must be back int he race circuit, because both monster and the atherton's have massive RVs this year, not tiny sprinters.

The track is a bit different at the bottom, but largely the same everywhere else.

The weather is ****e, and no sign of getting better all week, with monsoon like conditions possible on sunday.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
The weather is ****e, and no sign of getting better all week, with monsoon like conditions possible on sunday.
Proper....

and I just spent a whopping $1.99 USD to get the live feed/replay access. I bet people still complain though... to bad for them, It's gonna be rad

Last edited:

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I skimmed the freecaster thread but must have missed it. How long are replays available? Also is the the full race replayed? Looking forward to watching it and not complaining about paying for it but going out of town this weekend to ride.