Quantcast

Evil Bikes 2008

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
check out two posts above your dude.
if thats a hole to mount a torque arm for the brake, then that 1 bolt would get yanked right the f out of there. its a super small hole :biggrin: ....plus why not put it in the back of the bottom bracket shell, instead of the front. its a easier routing to the back of the shell. dude

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
if thats a hole to mount a torque arm for the brake, then that 1 bolt would get yanked right the f out of there. its a super small hole :biggrin: ....plus why not put it in the back of the bottom bracket shell, instead of the front. its a easier routing to the back of the shell. dude
you looked at the wrong post. dude

Just there b/c the part was designed to able to be extruded and the factory threaded it like on the drive side. No floater necessary.

-ska todd

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
if you look close you can see the offset shock mount. it sits left-of-center to help balance out the weight added to the drive side of the bike. kinda' cool.QUOTE]

At the rick of commiting E suicide...an i say this with my tounge VERY firmly planted in my cheek:imstupid:

Didnt giant do this with the Glory?????an its been out for donks(whos coppyiny who now???):biggrin::poster_oops::weee::rimshot:

Seriously tho..thats a hawt looking bike an goes right to the top of my hawt list:cheers:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Im sure is Evil is going to be making a trail bike, but when? I'm curious because wasn't dw and skatodd the brains behind that slack 6" Ironhorse that Sam used at Sea Otter? If so maybe Evil will make that kind of trail bike, that would be great. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, I just didn't feel like reading every page of it.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
The holes on the BB are not for a floating brake, there will be no floating brake on the bike. The BB is extruded and the hole is part of the extrusion.

Pretty sure the Giant bike has the shock straight on center, or close to it. The Revolt is offset quite a bit.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
The holes on the BB are not for a floating brake, there will be no floating brake on the bike. The BB is extruded and the hole is part of the extrusion..
Maybe this has been covered already....

But does this bike have the floating axle/split pivot thing.....if not, then why not.......?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Maybe this has been covered already....

But does this bike have the floating axle/split pivot thing.....if not, then why not.......?
Nope, it doesn't, it was planned as a DELTA bike from it's first inception. The DELTA system is owned by Evil, so that's the technology they are incorporating into the models.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nope, it doesn't, it was planned as a DELTA bike from it's first inception. The DELTA system is owned by Evil, so that's the technology they are incorporating into the models.
are you and trek still hung up in court over the abp/split pivot axle?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
The offset on a giant isn't the much, but its there. Doesn't look quite as gnared out as the revolt. It seemed like it was almost as much for drivetrain/crank clearance as anything.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
maybe cause bikes were fine without it for years....you are talking about ABP right?
Yes APB....sounds like a good idea on the internet here. Not sure how much effect it would have out on the trail....was just curious if he was using it. Doesn't seem like he got much use out of that idea to this point...maybe Trek has something to do with that, i don't know.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Looks super clean. Curious what the main pivot is like... obviously super wide (and scuffed from use), but wondering what the assembly is.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Looks super clean. Curious what the main pivot is like... obviously super wide (and scuffed from use), but wondering what the assembly is.
No, that's actually scuff marks from a wacky sized allen key used on the protos. Already changed for the production bits.

-ska todd

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Come Release, Hold me back! that looks, and sounds fantastic, looks pretty privateer friendly too, not too Skimpy.