Quantcast

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
It is a Spitfire frame
well there is your problem...

I used to sell these frames for a living (spitfires, runes and legends)

QC is piss poor, its hit and miss whether you get a good frame?

in the UK we had a return rate of 60%+ during 2010-2011

remember, this frames are coming out of the same TW factory that made the Evil Revolt DH frames

pissed off customers who migrated to "other brands" after their warranty experiences went sour with replacement warranty frames worse than the original, and all kinds of "promises" about keronite axle-kits, wear washers, shims and other nonsense

its telling how the Legend Mk II moved straight to ball bearing pivots after the shocking experiences of the "first 50" on the bushing-pivoted MK I, and the new Prime 29er is on ball bearing pivots after the debacle of the Spitfire and Rune

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
well there is your problem...

I used to sell these frames for a living (spitfires, runes and legends)

QC is piss poor, its hit and miss whether you get a good frame?

in the UK we had a return rate of 60%+ during 2010-2011

remember, this frames are coming out of the same TW factory that made the Evil Revolt DH frames

pissed off customers who migrated to "other brands" after their warranty experiences went sour with replacement warranty frames worse than the original, and all kinds of "promises" about keronite axle-kits, wear washers, shims and other nonsense

its telling how the Legend Mk II moved straight to ball bearing pivots after the shocking experiences of the "first 50" on the bushing-pivoted MK I, and the new Prime 29er is on ball bearing pivots after the debacle of the Spitfire and Rune
You weren't so negative when I was buying my Legend from you ;)

Though I've heard there is a Spitty mk2 in the works. I really hope they move to bearings with it. The company has some very good designs but the bushing idea is plain stupid.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that is a handsome bike.
why the one silver bolt on the link? it looks like they are using a better front flip chip design too.
the two giant DT guards looks a bit awkward with the space in the middle but its still a purty bike

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
She is beautiful, isn't she?:

full_undeadframe.jpg

I was wondering if and when he was going to post this.

Personally I really dig the stainless steel wear plates he added to the chainstay and on the insides of the dropouts.

Badass!

:)

As Rice said, owners with warranty claims will get an Undead as a replacement. For more info here is a quote from one of my posts a few weeks ago:

Some clarity:

"Original owners with a revolt within the 2 yr warranty will receive a new Undead frame w/o shock. If you are a second hand owner or out of your warranty period we will offer crash replacement pricing on an Undead."

"Warranty frames will be shipped in the order in which warranty claims were received"

Some Facts:

The MSRP of the Undead is not, I repeat NOT $3500.

The pricing sheets have not been released yet and are TBA.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
Actually, if that thing rides well and they have sorted the issue of it exploding when tilted more than 35 degrees, then it's abut the only thing I could imagine swapping my Wilson for... (Yeah, makes sense, swapping a linkage driven, shock-through-seat-tube, dw-magic single pivot for another, right? :D )

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I predict huge drop and huck-to-flat-attempts for the revolt owners with intact frames.
That kinda makes me wonder about that EASTON " no questions asked warranty" on their carbon wheels. I wonder if any resourceful monkey had the same idea to get new wheels right at the end of it.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
After a long awaited awsome powpow winter with decent amount of snowboarding, me being a former Revolt 2011 frame owner that had a season almost ruined by waiting for a frame that arrived in august 2010, after I saw the new VitalMTB picture thought it would be nice to check on some news.

Just want to say that all aside, I'm seriously considering buying one for the next season, since I've sold my Revolt last year(working without a problem btw) but I won't make the same mistake as to pre-order one and wait untill my riding season is ruined again :)

So, very happy to see Kevin sill going at it, good job and lets hope frame is ready for shipping in a few months :)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
By no intentional fault of my own and more through friends and sponsorships I have ridden all the trendy and catchy "over hyped" bikes for years.... 223/224/sunday/evil/demo... Hands down I want an Evil. I loved that bike... more so after I broke it because I couldn't ride it any more and had to switch and missed riding it.

Kevin, congrats, I'm pumped to see you getting one step closer and closer to success. This frame looks amazing.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I love the little details, there's some simple but very useful ideas there. Looks like they've done a great job, hopefully it's strong / light / reliable.

Not sure if this info is out there yet, but for when it is:
- MSRP?
- Frame weight? The old Revolt was heavier than the competition, hopefully that's changed.
- Does the main pivot run on bearings and the rest bushings? I remember feeling a lot of stiction on the old model (well, more than other bikes), not sure if it was just the shock that needed breaking in, or if it was partially because of the bushings.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I love the little details, there's some simple but very useful ideas there. Looks like they've done a great job, hopefully it's strong / light / reliable.

Not sure if this info is out there yet, but for when it is:
- MSRP?
- Frame weight? The old Revolt was heavier than the competition, hopefully that's changed.
- Does the main pivot run on bearings and the rest bushings? I remember feeling a lot of stiction on the old model (well, more than other bikes), not sure if it was just the shock that needed breaking in, or if it was partially because of the bushings.
MSRP - TBA
Frame Weight - TBA
Suspension Pivots - The pivots run on Heim-type spherical bearings and are being made by Enduro.

More info to follow.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Kevin told me an approximate weight and it's a fair amount lighter for sure. I don't want to give any mis-information out but Ill say this my bike would have dropped to 37.25 lbs if the weight given were accurate and i had done nothing to save weight.

I'll let you weight weenies guess from here.