Quantcast

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Almost have mine built, still need a rear brake adapter, I seem to have every other one except the one I need lol.
I weighed my frame before assembly, medium with vivid air sitting at 9lbs. 8oz.

Anyone riding XO DH cranks, are your cranks fairly close to the swingarm? i.e. only a few millimeters
Same with my e*thirteens. I'm running one 2.5mm spacer drive side and no spacers non-drive, chainline is good, chainstay clearance is tight.

Thiessen

Chimp
Oct 27, 2012
Van, BC
Same with my e*thirteens. I'm running one 2.5mm spacer drive side and no spacers non-drive, chainline is good, chainstay clearance is tight.
Yeah sounds similar to me I have to run both spacers on the drive-side and no spacers on non drive-side. Also had to space my mrp g2 quite alot to not rub the swingarm. Other than that she went together smoothly :).

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Went to school with a guy in 7th grade he fell about 25-30 feet off a rope-swing onto a pile of firewood. He was left with just 1 after that.

Thiessen

Chimp
Oct 27, 2012
Van, BC
I'm trying to confirm if my frame is in the slack or steep setting. if sitting on the bike normally and the slack arrows are pointing back towards me. Is this the slack or steep position?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Both of the arrows facing forward (away from you when sitting on bike) indicate your setting. Steep arrows facing forwards is the default position, which indicates the steep HA setting - which is what your bike is currently in.

Both cups need to be removed and installed after rotating 180deg for slack setting.

Jul 25, 2012
XV can.jpg

please, im using Undead with CCDB air, but i dont get full travel, even with 40% SAG, i like to use no more that 30%, i will change to XV air Can, anyone know if its fits? i noticed that my regular CCDB air is too close to air valve

And anyone try this XV CCDB, how does it fell?

thanks for all

gretch

Chimp
Feb 15, 2013
Nelson, B.C.
View attachment 113393

please, im using Undead with CCDB air, but i dont get full travel, even with 40% SAG, i like to use no more that 30%, i will change to XV air Can, anyone know if its fits? i noticed that my regular CCDB air is too close to air valve

And anyone try this XV CCDB, how does it fell?

thanks for all
The XV air can is not available yet... I was told late March or April timeframe.

Juddos

Chimp
Feb 13, 2010
Im getting full travel on my undead with ccdb air. 30% sag.

I also run 2 small spacers in the air can..

What settings are your adjustaers at...?

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Unrelated to your question, but have you considered running a coil shock? The Undead is fairly progressive at end of stroke and would likely perform better with a coil shock, even though many people are running the CCDB air in progressive bikes.

I found the frame worked great with a little less than 30% sag, I think 40% is excessive. By all means try the XV can (maybe Kevin can tell you if it fits, email him), but I'd suggest trying a coil shock sprung for 28-30% sag at some stage if you get the chance.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Haha, by all means try it out if you've already purchased it!
I just don't think it would be the most ideal shock for the frame, that's all.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Hey guys, I'm not trying to be a jackass here, but does anyone have an undamaged Undead box? I really like the illustration and was thinking of getting it framed up.

gregalff

Chimp
Mar 10, 2013
What do you guys think should i take the undead in Medium or Large with 182cm (5 feet 11 inches) and 80kg.
Normally i prefer small bikes but i dont know how small the medium really is?

Thanks

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'm the same height as you and feel very comfortable on the L, it's not a small bike by any means but I think it's a perfect fit for your height - and you'll more than likely find the M too small.

Given your preference for smaller bikes you might find it a bit big, but if you hadn't mentioned that, I would firmly suggest the L.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I'm the same height and on medium; I could probably ride a large and be comfortable too. I took the medium because that's what my Revolt was and I was happy with it.

Jul 25, 2012
Im getting full travel on my undead with ccdb air. 30% sag.

I also run 2 small spacers in the air can..

What settings are your adjustaers at...?
im using HSC and LSC full open, but dont give me full travel, i want to ride with 28% SAG, i think XV will be great

for me Air shock is the way to go, i can adjust the bike for each track, here in brazil we dont have real DH tracks like maribor, Ft. william and etc, and i need a shock to ride easy, medium, expert tracks, and to ride garbanzo race and candian open at whistler, i think only one shock fits all this rides, its a dh air shock (sorry my english,,hhahaha)

Jul 25, 2012
Unrelated to your question, but have you considered running a coil shock? The Undead is fairly progressive at end of stroke and would likely perform better with a coil shock, even though many people are running the CCDB air in progressive bikes.

I found the frame worked great with a little less than 30% sag, I think 40% is excessive. By all means try the XV can (maybe Kevin can tell you if it fits, email him), but I'd suggest trying a coil shock sprung for 28-30% sag at some stage if you get the chance.
thanks for the help, i will considered run coil shock on more rough tracks, and stay with my ccdb for easy tracks

Jan 25, 2010
Ontario
Hi Everyone,

Great thread. I received my warranty frame in the fall and I am just starting my build, yes I know... Just a quick question, is the RC4 from my revolt a direct compatible swap to the undead; shock length and spring weight? This all being based on the assumption that I didn't get too fat over the winter.

Thanks for the help and I will be sure to post pictures.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
It'll bolt right on. Kevin suggested going up 50# on spring rate to me because of less friction in the linkage.

Last summer I was around 165lbs and ran a 350# spring with 150-160psi on my RC4. This winter I hit the gym and am down to 145lbs. I ran a 300# spring and the same pressure last month when I rode. I think a 325# would be ideal for me at this weight.

Next time I ride I'm going to try out the Vivid I had tuned at Vorsprung with the 300# spring. I'm hoping it keeps some of the plow and adds a little more pop. If not I'll bump up to a 325# and give that a try.

Jan 25, 2010
Ontario
It'll bolt right on. Kevin suggested going up 50# on spring rate to me because of less friction in the linkage.

Last summer I was around 165lbs and ran a 350# spring with 150-160psi on my RC4. This winter I hit the gym and am down to 145lbs. I ran a 300# spring and the same pressure last month when I rode. I think a 325# would be ideal for me at this weight.

Next time I ride I'm going to try out the Vivid I had tuned at Vorsprung with the 300# spring. I'm hoping it keeps some of the plow and adds a little more pop. If not I'll bump up to a 325# and give that a try.
Raingauge,

Thanks for the info. I will try to hunt down a heavier spring.

Cheers,

hosemonkey

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Now that I read that again it doesn't make any sense; but that's what I was told. You'd think if there was less friction you'd want a lower spring rate. Maybe I'm not remembering the conversation correctly.

I do know I ran a 350# spring last season tho.