Quantcast

~~Good Humpday Morning!!~~

J

JRB

Good morning. I rode the dingle speed last night and it was a hoot.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
....Stosh, you "Sin City"-hatin', no-animal-liking-meathead-avoiding-at-the-Y-joining-landlord-package-signing-sitting-at-home-eating-in-the-rain geek.......what up?

Nothing big to report here....took a day off yesterday to help my landlord install a new hot water heater in our house. Had to run some new plumbing pipes and stuff, so my skinny ass got to be the one sliding around under the house, mingling with the spiders and crawly critters--bleecchhh! Got the willies several times during that ordeal when sliding into fatty webs that apparently have been there for three or four generations.

Got some humongoid salmon steaks just dying to throw themselves on the grill tonight along with some steamed veggies and a bottle of merlot. Yummy. Also looking forward to checking out the new episode of "Lost."

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ugh. Test yesterday did not go well at all. Its over and done with, so heres to hoping I pulled a C in that class. I do not want to NR and have to retake it. Today will consist of working and writing about 8 pages of stuff for history classes. Diabolus crankset and my new MRP come in today, so those will have to go on at some point. After tomorrow all the school work stops. I cannot wait.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
....Stosh, you "Sin City"-hatin', no-animal-liking-meathead-avoiding-at-the-Y-joining-landlord-package-signing-sitting-at-home-eating-in-the-rain geek.......what up?

Nothing big to report here....took a day off yesterday to help my landlord install a new hot water heater in our house. Had to run some new plumbing pipes and stuff, so my skinny ass got to be the one sliding around under the house, mingling with the spiders and crawly critters--bleecchhh! Got the willies several times during that ordeal when sliding into fatty webs that apparently have been there for three or four generations.

Got some humongoid salmon steaks just dying to throw themselves on the grill tonight along with some steamed veggies and a bottle of merlot. Yummy. Also looking forward to checking out the new episode of "Lost."
I'm pissed I never watched the first season of LOST, I don't want to watch this one until I see that one.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good Morning, good morning, it's nice to see you.
Today will be busy
There is so much to do.

I still remember singing that in Kindergarten. :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning monkeys. It's a rainy, dreary day and that definitely means sitting on my butt and eating too much. Stosh, that's a good idea about a gym. Everything's so expensive down here; it's crazy. I have my road bike set up to a trainer in my living room with a computer hooked to the back wheel and a set of weights. Hopefully that'll get me through the winter!

Today is all about writing an article for my magazine and then starting a freelance fitness article I was assigned yesterday. The perfect stuff for a rainy day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
Good Morning, good morning, it's nice to see you.
Today will be busy
There is so much to do.

I still remember singing that in Kindergarten. :)
:D

It's nice to see you too!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I'm pissed I never watched the first season of LOST, I don't want to watch this one until I see that one.
I never saw the first season either.....but at the beginning of the second season a few weeks ago, before the premier, they showed a hour-long recaplet of what went down on the first season, so I felt like I was pretty caught up and had a general idea as to what was going on. I think the writers are making it up as they go along, but it's a killer show.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :monkey:s

Our entire class bailed on our 10 AM class, so I followed suit. The prof is such a sleep inducer it's not funny. In any case, exciting day here. I've got an appointment with my clinician at 12, and then an anatomy practical at 2.

It's of course rainy and dreary here today. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a ride in this afternoon after the exam, but I'm not holding my breath.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
I never saw the first season either.....but at the beginning of the second season a few weeks ago, before the premier, they showed a hour-long recaplet of what went down on the first season, so I felt like I was pretty caught up and had a general idea as to what was going on. I think the writers are making it up as they go along, but it's a killer show.
Yeah it sounded like a really intersting show.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Slow night last night. Went to our SMBA meeting and sat through argument after argument. This was our first meeting after the election of new officers last month and the old regime is having a hard time letting go of the reigns. It's stuff like that that makes me want to skip "the process" all together and just ride. But, I did get to have a few Pale Ales and a yummy burger so that was good. Got home around 9, and watched the Sox/Angels game and the went to bed. Still raining here so nothing on tap for tonight except watching LOST!! :thumb:
Glad I didn't go then 'cause I was grumpy from being overscheduled yesterday...although it could have been amusing!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Dreary doesn't even begin to describe the weather today. The only silver lining I see is that I don't have school tomorrow so I'll ge tto stay in my PJs and catch up on crap that I have been putting off!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
good morning.
sometimes i really miss the dreary new england days.
but then i get over it.
it's sunny and breezy today. happy because i get out at 4 today to go ride at the track. Trying to make the most of my days before it snows.
But it seems most of my friends are getting super lazy this time of year and don't want to pedal around.

i am loving coffee this morning.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stosh said:
Hey how much do you pay month for a Gym membership?

I think Aubrey and I are going to sign up for the local YMCA because the have a pool and new facility.
Dude, the Y is the way to go. I've been member at one right by my work for 8+ years. I used to live right by it, but moved 2 years ago, but still drive the extra milage to work out at the Y. It's expensive because it has all the pool and crap, but not having to work out with some meat heads is awesome.

Oh, I pay $540 a year for two peeps?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
amydalayna said:
good morning.
but then i get over it.
it's sunny and breezy today. happy because i get out at 4 today to go ride at the track. Trying to make the most of my days before it snows.
But it seems most of my friends are getting super lazy this time of year and don't want to pedal around.

i am loving coffee this morning.
my firends seem to be super lazy throughout the year

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I wondered how things would go. Did you get my e-mail about the Adopt-a-trail thing last night? I hope Jamie talked about it for me, but if not, I'll bring it to the next meeting.
Yeah, I got the email, and think it's a great idea. Jamie did go over it last night and those of us there picked trails we wanted to work on. Hopefully we can get little groups for each instead of one person trying to tackle Bee for example...

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Went for an XC'ish ride with Lovebunny last night, tonight I'm hoping to go for a run on the beach.

Work has been crazy and I've been working late hours...other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
amydalayna said:
good morning.
but then i get over it.
it's sunny and breezy today.
That's pretty funny. I too, "theoretically" miss crappy days, but then when I actually *think* about it for 3 seconds 75 and sunny doesn't seem so bad. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Went for an XC'ish ride with Lovebunny last night, tonight I'm hoping to go for a run on the beach.

Work has been crazy and I've been working late hours...other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)
Hey how's it going!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
That's pretty funny. I too, "theoretically" miss crappy days, but then when I actually *think* about it for 3 seconds 75 and sunny doesn't seem so bad. :p
i don't want rain every day, but maybe a couple of rainy days throughout the summer would be nice. i just want an excuse to sleep in and read the paper on a rainy day.
when you do that on sunny days you feel super lazy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
i don't want rain every day, but maybe a couple of rainy days throughout the summer would be nice. i just want an excuse to sleep in and read the paper on a rainy day.
Well hello!
Are you new here?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
amydalayna said:
Well, maybe *you* feel super lazy, but I give myself a few of those lazy summer days, because, dammit, I deserve it. :D

Besides - if it wasn't for lazy sunny summer days I'd get no lazy summer days at all.

Except when it snows. :p

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
Tahoe kicks ass! :thumb:
honestly. it really does. i grew up in connecticut and then 2 years ago i just had enough. enough of crappy weather and enough of the people that were there.

only issue is finding real jobs in the area. and buying a house here. both were hard.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
amydalayna said:
honestly. it really does. i grew up in connecticut and then 2 years ago i just had enough. enough of crappy weather and enough of the people that were there.

only issue is finding real jobs in the area. and buying a house here. both were hard.
You know what they say - life ain't easy. What people don't realize (you apparently did) is that you *can* choose to live in a place you actually like.......

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
HEY WHATS UP STOSH?
WELL i HAD KNEE SUGARY THE OTHER DAY :( :( SO i HAVE BEEN IN SOME PAIN FOR A FEW DAYS,TODAY IS REALY THE FIRST DAY I AM GETTING AROUND WITHOUT GETTING LIGHT HEADED FROM ALL OF THE DRUGS THEY HAVE ME ON.BUT i KNOW IN THE END IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
phil said:
HEY WHATS UP STOSH?
WELL i HAD KNEE SUGARY THE OTHER DAY :( :( SO i HAVE BEEN IN SOME PAIN FOR A FEW DAYS,TODAY IS REALY THE FIRST DAY I AM GETTING AROUND WITHOUT GETTING LIGHT HEADED FROM ALL OF THE DRUGS THEY HAVE ME ON.BUT i KNOW IN THE END IT WILL BE WORTH IT.
The drugs make you yell? :think:

Good luck with the knee!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
You know what they say - life ain't easy. What people don't realize (you apparently did) is that you *can* choose to live in a place you actually like.......
seriously. you just need to do it. it might take a bit longer to find a big kid job... but it's worth it in the long run. i hate listening to people complain and complain about where they live, but never do anything about it.

and people complain about living in tahoe too. the whole 'there are no girls here' thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
HEY WHATS UP STOSH?
You gonna be able to snowboard this winter?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:

What do you do?