Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
’m 6’2” and 215lb’s with a 34-35 inch inseam. I could easily run a 200+mm dropper if needed but the 185 that I currently have feels like plenty.

Coming from a size 3 AL Meat Pistol (with RS Superdeluxe Coil) this S4 in long is a decent bit roomier in terms of reach.
I thought the rid-egg site would have you on a S3 long or S4 short at that height, so S4 long has got to be plenty roomy
I'm also 6'2", 34" inseam and had the S3 long pegged as my size and riding style.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
I thought the rid-egg site would have you on a S3 long or S4 short at that height, so S4 long has got to be plenty roomy
I'm also 6'2", 34" inseam and had the S3 long pegged as my size and riding style.
6’2” and “Full Throttle” recommends S4 short with a 32mm stem on the website size configurator while “All Around” suggested S4 + 60mm stem. I am much more of the former in terms of riding style and am using a 35mm long stem coming from my previous build. The seat tube is reasonably short and the stand over is low on these frames so it’s pretty low risk to size up; I have enjoyed the last two times I have gone up in reach so I figured I should go with the frame that allowed me to explore that further if desired.

I’m sure I’ll give the short setting a try, however, I did not feel taxed by the wheelbase or too stretched out with the reach. Additionally, frame storage on the S4 is also very impressive so it has that going for it!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Its one of the shop's rentals so I'm not sure how motivated I am to tinker with it, but I will certainly keep this in mind if a customer has similar complaints/feedback. Thanks a bunch for the info.

It is the same battle I fought with my new bike. It all worked out rather well in the end.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Fox dropped the option on the 650b fork because we can't have nice things, but it's still around on the 29er one for some reason.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Fox dropped the option on the 650b fork because we can't have nice things, but it's still around on the 29er one for some reason.
Can you now actually buy them again? Fox rep in Austria told me they are not available to plebs. @buckoW is hoarding some

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yeah, saw it myself on their website after your post. Only 51 mm rake and only 29" though :shakefist:
Ben got some 650b ones me thinks.
And they aren't available in Europe...
The old Voltage FR had those 27.5 - 20mm - 36s. I had access to them through work. not too long ago I found a stash cleaning out some stuff built a bunch of them out of spare parts. I used some 26 and 27.5 crowns with some 27.5 and 29 lowers. I tried all the options I could get my hands on and settled on the 27.5 crown with the 29 lower. I like the offset and It’s taller so more mud clearance with a fender and a slacker front end with the height.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The old Voltage FR had those 27.5 - 20mm - 36s. I had access to them through work. not too long ago I found a stash cleaning out some stuff built a bunch of them out of spare parts. I used some 26 and 27.5 crowns with some 27.5 and 29 lowers. I tried all the options I could get my hands on and settled on the 27.5 crown with the 29 lower. I like the offset and It’s taller so more mud clearance with a fender and a slacker front end with the height.
i have a 27.5 36 with a 20mm axle. its an older model but i looked into it once and i think i could still drop a newer damper in it.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
@kidwoo - don't you dare steal mah frame, bruh! super stoked to (s00n) join the rid egg family.
View attachment 141663

Welcome to the BorGG family, we hope your assimilation process will be pleasant.

Seriously, that's grand news, and I think you're going to love the MT, especially in Pisgah north. Another benefit is that you will die with great honor and RM rep when your UV fatigued handlebars break :thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Dude!!! No way! Are you stealing all the parts off the Nomad? What brought this decision on?

Welcome to the GG fam!
yep - nomad is borked - rear chainstay buckled and top tube is also compromised, and they've not been a pleasure to deal with in the warranty process . . . so time to make a change for the radder. nomad parts should all transfer over - will just be 5mm short shocked. might drop the fork down from 180 to 170. and will have to redish the rear wheel the dreaded 3mm, I guess. eager to rebuild!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So the frame broke?

The FRAME failed first........

You sure?

It was the FRAME, not something else?

Not something with some shit clamped to it?

The F.R.A.M.E broke........

So of all the parts you have on your complete bicycle it was the frame that failed.........

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Guy I know just cracked his current gen carbon Nomad right down the middle of the top tube. Super weird failure. I ran into him in the parking lot after it happened, he said he didn't crash, but looked down and there was an 8" long crack right along the center of the tube.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Are you going to put stwrong sized wheels on it?
dem hubs got rebuilt to medium flavor wheels last year. but i wouldn't mind trying . . .

So the frame broke?

The FRAME failed first........

You sure?

It was the FRAME, not something else?

Not something with some shit clamped to it?

The F.R.A.M.E broke........

So of all the parts you have on your complete bicycle it was the frame that failed.........
maybe you were to busy buying your ebike to remember when i tagged you when i got a new set of cracktacular sixc's a few months back . . . but when i landed and heard the cracking noise, the first thing that went through my head was "kidwoo was right - dammit bars"!
just for fun . . .
rear:
1583467304467.png

front:
1583467322947.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Guy I know just cracked his current gen carbon Nomad right down the middle of the top tube. Super weird failure. I ran into him in the parking lot after it happened, he said he didn't crash, but looked down and there was an 8" long crack right along the center of the tube.

Like where the parting line from the mold would be?