Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I was putting my Gnarvana stays on my smash but needed a longer chain which I did not have so I will need to order one.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
I really like my smash stays on my OG shred dogg and 27.5 wheels (smash dogg?)

Feels much more composed in the chunk and line stability is solid, coil front and rear likely influences that.

Now GG needs to get on making a 24" DJ.
24 in 2024 ftw?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I was putting my Gnarvana stays on my smash but needed a longer chain which I did not have so I will need to order one.
Yeah, Gnarvana needed 2 more inner and 2 outer links. For first couple rides, I just hacked an extension with the leftover scrap from the initial Smash fit, plus another quick link, but I ended up getting a second chain to dedicate to it. I ended up having to release some cable tension too for some reason - guessing the tighter radius loop out of the chainstay created more drag.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
There's always something new coming. :)

That is for us to fulfill all of the current orders, and then launch the 2021 builds without a large backlog of 2020 orders to still build and ship. Typically, we have been able to catch up with the order backlog at the end of the year, but this year, orders have outpaced supply almost the entire year and we have not been able to get ahead, despite nearly doubling capacity.

The factory move is a logistical challenge, but we have hired extra help, and already moved a significant portion of the factory several months ago when we were bursting at the seams in the Bryant Street facility.

We're very excited to have a new shop party, when those things can be done again. The new showroom will be a huge step up, and the Revved factory is much, much larger.
hey Matt. Unless it's top secret, to where are you moving the works? Will there be a dedicated heli-pad, or will you need to share one again?
:D
seriously though, where ya movin' ?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The Gnarvana uses a different derailleur hanger than the bikes that were released earlier. I found I needed to mess with limit screws, cable tension, and the b-tension screw a little when swapping back and forth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Gnarvana uses a different derailleur hanger than the bikes that were released earlier. I found I needed to mess with limit screws, cable tension, and the b-tension screw a little when swapping back and forth.
are they no longer using the syntace x12?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So the new GG shredquarters is not in CO (gonna have to change the title of this thread). Plz, plz, plz be in Cackalacka (but more likely west coast, I'd imagine).

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
posted this before seeing the Dispatch email today.

I still want to know!
hah! totally missed the "two truths and a lie" line. DAMMIT MATT.
I can’t take credit for that one, it was the marketing folks that got you.

@Nick marketing wants to be the folks to spill the beans, but it’s not too far from the old facility. It’s still centrally located and regionally accessible.

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Whoever is is charge of your international website / sales setup there at GG @mtg @marshalolson deserves a serious pat on the back, trying to work out landed prices on bikes in Canada can be a huge pain in the ass but your site is mint, very impressed.
thanks for the feedback. That is actually Will’s handy-work. And the feedback is especially well timed as I am just about to review the international shopping functionality this coming week.

Anything in particular you wish it could do better? Now is the time!

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Anyone running a DPX2 (non-elite) on a Gnarvana or Smash? I've got a takeoff SB150 230x60 DPX2 on for a week or so while my Storia gets rebuilt, and it feels like this shock can't keep up with the bike. Tuning code is DNG2, reports "2019, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LCR, Yeti, SB150, 230, 60, 0.2 Spacer, CM, RLA019, Rezi L F M, Standard Logo". I started out with a 0.4 token, and could bottom it out in the driveway at 28% sag (210 psi for 170 lb rider). 0.6 token and same pressure / sag and was still bottoming it on very small jumps and deep compressions. It didn't bottom out with a clack like it did on my Sentinel, but the o-ring was off the end of the shaft. I just threw a 0.86 in there and will try again tomorrow. I feel like I have to run the 3-pos switch in middle, and the rebound is 2 clicks from wide open, just to get a moderate amount of support.

I also struggled to find good settings with the DPX2 on my Sentinel, but I expected it to work better on a GG, with its higher progressivity and better anti-squat. I guess I'm kinda surprised that I need to throw that big a volume token in, and run rebound that far open to keep from

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just a mile south.
Still in build-out, but will share more once the showroom has, you know... walls, and floors and such :D
While i'm not surprised youre sticking to the metro denver area, at least you didnt go the way of yeti and commencal in Golden, that was probably tempting!

On a personal note, I would have prefered you move to northern CO with the likes of Push and Niner and, well, my house....just sayin :)

Anyways, good to see you guys grow and flourish! Congrats!

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Anything in particular you wish it could do better? Now is the time!
Could you work out a way to make it charge less for Canadians? It is already seriously very good, I can think of only chainreaction who make it similarly easy to get an all-in price and the ability to customise the build on top of that is rad. I've been spending a lot of time online bike-shopping lately and I could write an absolute laundry list of companies who do a worse job from very big to very small.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Anyone running a DPX2 (non-elite) on a Gnarvana or Smash? I've got a takeoff SB150 230x60 DPX2 on for a week or so while my Storia gets rebuilt, and it feels like this shock can't keep up with the bike. Tuning code is DNG2, reports "2019, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LCR, Yeti, SB150, 230, 60, 0.2 Spacer, CM, RLA019, Rezi L F M, Standard Logo". I started out with a 0.4 token, and could bottom it out in the driveway at 28% sag (210 psi for 170 lb rider). 0.6 token and same pressure / sag and was still bottoming it on very small jumps and deep compressions. It didn't bottom out with a clack like it did on my Sentinel, but the o-ring was off the end of the shaft. I just threw a 0.86 in there and will try again tomorrow. I feel like I have to run the 3-pos switch in middle, and the rebound is 2 clicks from wide open, just to get a moderate amount of support.

I also struggled to find good settings with the DPX2 on my Sentinel, but I expected it to work better on a GG, with its higher progressivity and better anti-squat. I guess I'm kinda surprised that I need to throw that big a volume token in, and run rebound that far open to keep from
I’ve never read the Rosetta Stone to fully decode the long form Fox tune info, but that is a different tune than what we use. It sounds like the compression damping is overly light based on what you described.

On the other hand, if you can’t get a DPX2 to feel as good as your EXT, maybe all is correct in the world.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
While i'm not surprised youre sticking to the metro denver area, at least you didnt go the way of yeti and commencal in Golden, that was probably tempting!

On a personal note, I would have prefered you move to northern CO with the likes of Push and Niner and, well, my house....just sayin :)

Anyways, good to see you guys grow and flourish! Congrats!
We tried for Golden, and one building we considered would have been almost walking distance from my house, but there is a comical lack of industrial buildings available in Golden. The stuff over by Yeti and Commencal isn’t really set up for heavy manufacturing, as far as I could find, they don’t have the electrical power, and the $/sq ft is too high.
Whereas, our new place was a former mj grow operation and has plenty of space and plenty of power.
Out of curiosity, I checked industrial building prices up in NoCo, and it isn’t really appreciably less expensive than Denver. And Denver is the regional hub for all things industrial (eg machine tool suppliers, shipping hubs, other vendors) as well as talent.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
We tried for Golden, and one building we considered would have been almost walking distance from my house, but there is a comical lack of industrial buildings available in Golden. The stuff over by Yeti and Commencal isn’t really set up for heavy manufacturing, as far as I could find, they don’t have the electrical power, and the $/sq ft is too high.
Whereas, our new place was a former mj grow operation and has plenty of space and plenty of power.
Out of curiosity, I checked industrial building prices up in NoCo, and it isn’t really appreciably less expensive than Denver. And Denver is the regional hub for all things industrial (eg machine tool suppliers, shipping hubs, other vendors) as well as talent.
Is it my buddy andy old MM facility?