Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
For those with questions on how to fit bottles, please see the below link. It has everything you need to know:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For those with questions on how to fit bottles, please see the below link. It has everything you need to know:

Is there a reason the reservoir side of the shock is attached to the downtube? Could you run it with the reservoir on the link side?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Is there a reason the reservoir side of the shock is attached to the downtube? Could you run it with the reservoir on the link side?
Looks like it'd hit the top tube or linkage if it was mounted the other way. That may depend on frame size, maybe larger frames have the ST/TT junction higher and could allow it to run with the reservoir on top in that config, but it seems that it wouldn't work that way with at least most of the sizes.

And both damping and dampening are correct according to the dictionary ;)

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'd been meaning to get some pictures of that bike/frame for a while. The shop owner makes fatback, so he has access to machine shops and welders, but it had been a while since I'd seen it and I forgot exactly what they did to make it work. Now that I saw it again...I wouldn't go near it, since long bolts in the shock eyelets and linkages are extremely prone to bending IME. Maybe if it has giant solid steel hardware, but even still, leverage (length) tends to win and bend stuff IME. I could never understand why Foes put such a long bolt through their scissor link, it basically just bent every few weeks. Much skinnier bolt, but the issue was the length.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The owner of Fatback got creative and modified a Trail Pistol frame to put it on an anti-diet, ie he made it fat. That was a few years ago.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
For the shock reservoir mounted to the seatstays, that can work for some some configurations and give good bottle clearance. I’ve run an ElevenSix on a Trail Pistol that way. It generally only works with the 210mm eye to eye shocks.

95B44241-F86D-473A-B35C-19D2E5D46508.jpeg

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
So I know it was discussed a while back, but what are the prospects of a MegaSmash mullet being offered as a standard option in 2022?
Bumping to make sure this doesn't get lost - don't need it to be a standard option, but would love to be able to even pre-order some Megatail stays for my Smash.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I caught a glimpse of a new steed in Yoann's latest video, but it was too quick/brief to see what it was. Just that it had gold accents instead of the red he's got on his Gnarvana. :clue:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I caught a glimpse of a new steed in Yoann's latest video, but it was too quick/brief to see what it was. Just that it had gold accents instead of the red he's got on his Gnarvana. :clue:
Sponsorship has its privileges... Anything indicate it would be a new model rather than just a new decal set / pc option?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Just saw the email, 10-12 weeks for a trail pistol frame.

That would be winter is coming for me.

Sadly I couldn't order earlier, but that is life.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I was just thinking as I started my ride, “this megatrail has been trouble free for three years”. Lost a pivot bolt somewhere near the bottom of the downhill. Only noticed some tire rub on a couple corners that made me look.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
not that I could get a new bike, but I rode my soon to be "old" smash today and I really love it. I still 10/10 would buy again, so much so I just want to have a size 2 650 for a 4x/dual type feel.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got mine and got most of it built up tonight.

Question, are these really ISO brake adapters? Like there isn't some ISO to standard adapter that it's supposed to come with? Just seems bizarre to have ISO mounts, haven't seen those since the 2nd Gulf War I think. I got a bunch of adapters, but only for 6" rotor. Going to have to scrounge around tomorrow at shops.

I got some old RF evolve cranks I mistakenly bought from someone, but they actually work for this purpose. The 32t is a little big, so I'll see if someone has a 30t in stock. Long term plan is to get a RF 30mm spindle for external BB and run a 30mm external BB, so I can run my 30mm X01s, I also have a few backup parts from old 30mm cranks, so I could run a while that way.

Otherwise that's about it. Waiting on the Avy shock, but the Super Deluxe I installed is going to be my 150mm travel shock and for any time I need to keep weight down.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Am I the only one that likes IS mounts? With just two bolts you can remove the caliper from the bike and not have to fiddle with aligning everything up against the orbit of the moon when you put it back on.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Pandemic availability. I just finished sourcing all the parts for my build and there's some shit going on it I'd rather not have.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Am I the only one that likes IS mounts? With just two bolts you can remove the caliper from the bike and not have to fiddle with aligning everything up against the orbit of the moon when you put it back on.
I can see both sides. It's easy to remove IS when you need to remove the whole caliper, but that is relatively rare and the cleanliness of two bolts and nothing else is pretty slick. I don't find alignment to be that big of an issue- usually just an occasional issue and something that can be done on trail easily...so for me I'd prefer post.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I like IS better, harder to screw them up in frame manufacturing process, I learned that lesson hard with an Ibis frame. That said, compatibility can be an issue, i.e. Hope E4s/V4s require oddly shaped special IS adapters that are $$$ and rare as hen's teeth.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
who else already ordered koozies?
Trying, but to make shipping worth it, I think I need to add a frame to the shopping cart.

Shred Dogg with a 160mm fork, whats that like? The frame page says the rear wheel needs to be offset 3mm - is that required? I thought I read somewhere that that was going away or something? Asking for a friend...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trying, but to make shipping worth it, I think I need to add a frame to the shopping cart.

Shred Dogg with a 160mm fork, whats that like? The frame page says the rear wheel needs to be offset 3mm - is that required? I thought I read somewhere that that was going away or something? Asking for a friend...

I beleive the rev'd stays can handle normal boost centerlines, aluminum needs a 3mm offset.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I beleive the rev'd stays can handle normal boost centerlines, aluminum needs a 3mm offset.
That's correct, though I've temporarily run a standard dished wheel in an aluminum one because lazy. It works fine as long as you're not running a super big tire and need the clearance.