Quantcast

Hardline Wales 2024

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
First track shots are up, and it looks like we’re in for a solid weekend of free-racing.

I’m surprised Dunne is on the rider list, as per normal the majority of the invite list is guys outside the top 20 and a few semi-retired DH guys plus some freeride folk/content creators.

Fingers crossed no one dies, but they seem to get closer each year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
According to the fort William race though, global warming has settled all ill weather for England's arm pit region.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
No go round line for that, so the odds of a weather event closing the race is pretty high.
It doesn’t even look like it’s the start or finish section, so really no way to complete the course if the weather doesn’t comply

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Be pretty fly if they could jump over the EMS helicopter in a hover.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
There is a rock lily pad/on-off section to even get to the roll in.

So much of hard line looks like it was made by people who don’t actually know what they’re doing. Because who would put a wet rock transition in to a wooden roll in to a huge gap? Either people who have no idea how to make a track, or people who have a very very specific idea of who they’re building a track for.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Photoshop stitching done by BKS on Vital

View attachment 212310
I’m sorry, but that ramp looks like it was built by a carpenter that had no clue of what it’s like to go down that fast and set up for a canyon gap like that. Looks like a bucking contest waiting to happen. I don’t even want to see the first rider trying it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’m sorry, but that ramp looks like it was built by a carpenter that had no clue of what it’s like to go down that fast and set up for a canyon gap like that. Looks like a bucking contest waiting to happen. I don’t even want to see the first rider trying it.
Just need a pool in the middle with some sharks...

With lasers on their freakin' heads.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Someone on Vital posted something along the lines of, "Well they may as well just have the medevac helicopter hoover under the gap and jump it too while they're at it."

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
IMG_5330.jpeg

Not sure if this angle helps show the size better or not. Kip definitely looks like it has a kick to it from the other images.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Just watched BK send the gap!

The level of adrenaline in my system is so high right now from watching that I can’t imagine how the whopper feels. He must feel high as fucking kite. Jeebus!

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

Holy shit
Healing vibes to Jim.
Hope the guy behind the camera having a stroke got medical attention too

This shit seems pretty stupid outside Pastrana type stunts, nutty video segments or rampage style events. Does anyone actually see features like this make for good "racing"?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Wonder what the actual dimensions of the jump are? Over on Pinkbike there's a few people saying its too stupid and risky, and others telling them to shut up because this is progressing the sport.

Out of curiosity is it actually progression in terms of distance or whatever or is it just really fucken dangerous if someone makes a mistake? Sure is a fucking wild spectacle though. Can't wait to have every non-MTB riding friend and family member forward this to me for months once it goes onto Facebook..... :fie:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Healing vibes to Jim.
Hope the guy behind the camera having a stroke got medical attention too

This shit seems pretty stupid outside Pastrana type stunts, nutty video segments or rampage style events. Does anyone actually see features like this make for good "racing"?
Definitely needs to be more cheese-wedge shaped, because it's not like you are trying to cover a shit-load of horizontal distance...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I always forget that its technically a race hey. Looking at how much the G-out and kick compressed the bike on the practise run, it will be wild when they come in at race pace and exhausted/fatigued. Hope no-one collapses in the compression because oooooffft that will be bad.