Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey guys,

Forgive me but I haven't really read this thread sinec its creation. I am looking at getting a HT More like HD XC HT...I am to big to drop stuff on a HT.

In particular this frame was bought from Identiti and resickered. (It still has the Identiti sticker on the chain stays)

Are these decent HT's....and if so, they are comparable to?

I figured I would run my 1998 Boxxer with original non disk Boxxer hub with Mammoth rim from my old HD XC FS days. I have a set of GT CNC hubs laced up to Mammoth rims. Run V's (Cuz IM cheap) and mostly std drivetrain....maybe freeride cranks (just becase my size)

Just mostly parts I have around I could build a large portion of the bike without new stuff.

What do you think?

Rhino

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Hey guys,

Forgive me but I haven't really read this thread sinec its creation. I am looking at getting a HT More like HD XC HT...I am to big to drop stuff on a HT.

In particular this frame was bought from Identiti and resickered. (It still has the Identiti sticker on the chain stays)

Are these decent HT's....and if so, they are comparable to?

I figured I would run my 1998 Boxxer with original non disk Boxxer hub with Mammoth rim from my old HD XC FS days. I have a set of GT CNC hubs laced up to Mammoth rims. Run V's (Cuz IM cheap) and mostly std drivetrain....maybe freeride cranks (just becase my size)

Just mostly parts I have around I could build a large portion of the bike without new stuff.

What do you think?

Rhino
there's noting wrong with that at all. if you can, you may want to go for a better "hardcore playbike" type frame such as a Clif Cat Hammerhead or Balfa Minuteman, but those are pretty expensive. a cheap, but very strong alternative might be that frame that's in a recent thread that was like $125(i dont remember the name or anything).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Warped

there's noting wrong with that at all. if you can, you may want to go for a better "hardcore playbike" type frame such as a Clif Cat Hammerhead or Balfa Minuteman, but those are pretty expensive. a cheap, but very strong alternative might be that frame that's in a recent thread that was like $125(i dont remember the name or anything).
The Identiti is new.

Has anyone ridden one? I guess they are a European frame maker so I guess not to many reach over to the states.

How much do the Balfa and Clif Cat run for?

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by RhinofromWA

The Identiti is new.

Has anyone ridden one? I guess they are a European frame maker so I guess not to many reach over to the states.

How much do the Balfa and Clif Cat run for?
Clif Cat is $600

MM is $600 or $650

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
Originally posted by grimm

true enough :p :D

btw, there are more larger and more detailed shots of it at www.grimm.nu
How heavy is that bike? More importantly the front wheel. I'm running the same rim in the back and it's brutally heavy... but strong. Very very strong... I'm sorta leaning towards a matching wheelset.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Originally posted by phlegm

How heavy is that bike? More importantly the front wheel. I'm running the same rim in the back and it's brutally heavy... but strong. Very very strong... I'm sorta leaning towards a matching wheelset.
to be honest i have no clue as to a specific weight, but a rough estimate would be above 20kg's

the rims alone are 1,1kg each (according to px's site)

unless the weight bothers yah id say go for it while you still can, the goliath rim is discontinued according to the swedish px distributor

Danchez

Chimp
Apr 9, 2002
Orange, CA
it just seems like a with such a bike built up so "bombproof" why would you have a psylo on there? i've seen 2 of them crack on tiny stuff. pimp factor is also low. :D the rest of the bike far makes up for it tho.

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Psylo's don't get enough credit.........I've seen Marzocchi's break in wussy situations also. I think it looks pretty sweet on the bike anyway.

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
Originally posted by soulrider
I wish I could get my grubby little hands on one of those "holy grail" forks to replace this:
actually I think Injun Rider has a 00 Z1 QR20 that he was trying to sell.....

I have one to but i'm keepin it ;)

BostonBullit

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by soulrider

I wish I could get my grubby little hands on one of those "holy grail" forks to replace this:

Is that BMW stem really worth $100 or however much it is?? I'd really like one but that's a lot of money for something if I don't know if it's worth it. Also, do you have any pics of the whole bike? It looks like it's pretty sweet from what I can tell.

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver

to be honest i have no clue as to a specific weight, but a rough estimate would be above 20kg's

the rims alone are 1,1kg each (according to px's site)

unless the weight bothers yah id say go for it while you still can, the goliath rim is discontinued according to the swedish px distributor
Ahhh I thought they were Alex Supra Sigmas. That's what I'm running, it's the same rim, PX just borrowed the design I think.

Yeah, my HT is weighing in at about 39 lbs... well not any more, I just wrecked my 2.5 month old bonty crowbars (XXX DH).:(

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
...... about the marz breaking on weenie things. heres my storie.

ok i let my friend borrow my old bike with a z1 on it, and he went to lake tahoe for vacation, all he did was ride on asphault, and when he got back i went to the lbs to get the fork put onto my new bike, to find out the steerer was broken! and this kid weighs like 100 pounds tops so ill i can say is WTF???????

:D :cool: :)

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Originally posted by phlegm

Ahhh I thought they were Alex Supra Sigmas. That's what I'm running, it's the same rim, PX just borrowed the design I think.

Yeah, my HT is weighing in at about 39 lbs... well not any more, I just wrecked my 2.5 month old bonty crowbars (XXX DH).:(

yeah they look pretty much the same to me, just that the PX's are way heavier = stronger(?) and has a cooler finish, the alex are chrome, px is matt black

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?

yeah they look pretty much the same to me, just that the PX's are way heavier = stronger(?) and has a cooler finish, the alex are chrome, px is matt black
The px rims are made by alex... they are the same, the weight on the alex site is wrong.

T

TJHooker

Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Its this i think.

ya i thought someone would see that. i cracked the arch, had it welded, and painted it. it looks really good now. the orange was just ugly. ima see if i can sell it today, what would you pay?

T

TJHooker

oh yea and. thats not the fork, similar, except mine doesnt have the indents on the crown as that one appears to have. i borrowed my grips for another toy of mine, and the chain snapped and slid the guide forwad when i was going for an ally oop feeble pedal on a ledge. hey bmx's and i used to do it, why not just grind on the pedal instead of back peg? it didnt work out well