Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by Lefty
This is so nice ..and uniqeu.. a evil with a Lefty max tpc+ with 13 cm about 5 " inch of travel.
add a top tube, take away a fork leg.
i see the logic :eek:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
New bike. Last new bike for a looooooong time. (I'm back on the frame I love!) And yeah, I know 4 piston DH brakes are overkill, but I have them, so I'm using them (unless someone wants to trade for some Hope Monominis!)

MD

Attachments

LeeOz

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
NYC
Is that Nicolai beautiful or what...

Here's mine... (2 months ago)

I'll post an update coz since then I changed a few things:

- Rear Mag30
- DMR Moto tires
- Shimano 105
- urban Evil bashguard

LeeOz

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by nicklin
is it just me or the dude makes an Evil with a shiver look liek a BMX bike?
That's funny coz I noticed it when I posted the pic... the guy is 6ft tall

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Colin
MikeD,

That BMXTB is hot!!

What does the geo. come to with the Breakout?
It's a 5" Firefly 1.5. Still, my guess is about a 67-68 HA with the fork. It feels really slack, but since I ride mostly DH/FR stuff with it, it worked well for me last time (old frame had a 1 1/8 HT with a Shiver SC and felt similar.)

I have no clue how someone could ride a breakout on this frame... It didn't feel bad on BMXman's 2MXtb, but I think the BMXtb must be based around a shorter fork.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No comments on the long steerer, please, I've been fussing with the stem height :D

Specs are pretty superfluous I guess - you can see most of the components. Weight is just shy of 35 pounds - it will lose a little bit this summer with smaller tires, maybe some lighter hubs & double butted spokes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by mosplat
ah, so i'm not the only one with 6061 ringleaders...
also, how do you like those michelin 2.5's?
i'm considering them.
here's the latest (but never last) incarnation of my park bike
That's a pretty sweet setup. The Ringleaders are pretty nice bars for the price - like most Titec stuff, it's neither exotic nor pretty, but it's tough and inexpensive.

The Michi 2.5's have been good tires. They're pretty worn at the moment, and I'll probably be going with a 2.2" Comp24 rear, and a 2.5" Comp16 front. I like the Michelin rubber compound, and they work damn well with my Stan's tubeless setup.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by mosplat
thanks nicklin for the kind words.

binary visions, tubeless even!
nice.
yeah i may try out a michelin up front.
what's the sizing like?
thanks.
Sizing is pretty accurate in the 2.5, although the 2.2 runs more like a 2.3. The Comp24 appears a little smaller than it is because the knobs don't protrude as far. The Comp16 is a little knobbier.

The Michi's are UST compatible so I can run them on my Stan's setup without worrying about sealant.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Originally posted by WillKRED
Ouch not sure how but my brake vasses fell out leaving this said soul:(
To bad.. but i heard it is a important peace of your fork. Because it will make the fork stronger. Next time if you have new ones, put some loctite 242 on your brake bosses.Then they will never come loose again. Unless you want it your self. If you can't find them, X-lite sells them to.

WillKRED

Chimp
May 22, 2002
Amarillo,TX
Know all i have to do is buy some new ones. The localbike shop said that i should send it in to marz but who knows i will look around. Thanks for the help. nicklin got a pic?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by binary visions
...and the latest incarnation of the Imperial...
hey there, good lookin'.

god i want those damn V-Drives to get here. along with everything else. i miss my 24s.

bling.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by the Inbred
hey there, good lookin'.

god i want those damn V-Drives to get here. along with everything else. i miss my 24s.

bling.
Very sweet! My next purchase for the Imperial are some real hubs & spokes - maybe CK if I'm feeling bling enough.

Yours is the year before mine :D - I love the newest sets of dropouts. CNC work makes me tingle...

What rear derailleur is that? Roadie derailleur of some kind...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yeah, it's a Sora. got (was given) it for my trials bike, but had to throw it on the Imperial till my stuff gets here. the rear wheel is also from the trials bike, but i'm considering throwing the King onto the 24 Trailpimp. i love that hubub. i also miss the 15.5" stays.