Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

A

Atomic

Originally posted by How
Wait a sec... that looks like a 6" travel Sid XLC... (on the tal)
nope, it's an old Judy XLC.. That's what he said to me (he was at the Info-Bike show in quebec)

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
ACK! updated andre minuteman! couple others i came across on the pinkbike.com

sweet px

ss gimp

Y

Yuornamehere..

Originally posted by soulrider
I like that PX, especially the switch drivetrain:D
i think you were joking but i the pic has been reversed.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
what fasion tragedy is this!! and could someone explain to me how the new minuteman dropouts could possibly be stronger than the old style. i know nothing of frame design, but they just look so much more weak.

and this is a "spy" never seen something like this before.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
That last green one looks very much like a DMR Trailstar, without stickers. Also that green one has a huge headtube gusset. The Trailstars usually don't have that. Otherwise, it's got the same "dents" in the chainstays, same skinny tubing and the same seatpost clamp (they come with the frame).

I can also see that it's a newer model, as it has 24-26 inch compatible brake mounts. The little red thingies...

Maybe it's one of those new long travel versions, hence the gusset.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by diesel
what fasion tragedy is this!!
ACK!!! Turn it off! Turn it off!! :help: I'm blind!!! :eek:

...who said the 80's would never come back... :think:

The colors look like they might be "off"... I've never seen a red Mr T before...

Erci

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
NJ
Here's mine..

I took the guide off and just run it with a bashring now. MRP is not exactly great for urban.

P.S. (Yes, Acadian, I know the boomerang is not supposed to be set up like that ;) )

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Erci
Here's mine..

I took the guide off and just run it with a bashring now. MRP is not exactly great for urban.

P.S. (Yes, Acadian, I know the boomerang is not supposed to be set up like that ;) )
That's a F-ing sweet bike! Congrats bro :thumb:.. I really love it, seriously..Is this fork a Z3 or Z1? What's up with those brake booster? really thin! C ya!

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
My XC bike. Is this considered "burly"?

:rolleyes:
lord. hells yea. you must be a BEAST z1!! atomic wheels on the xc singlespeed. that is hardcore my friend. man, everytime i see a sc cham. it makes me want my old one back. its such a sweet frame. i love how ya got the massive dhrings bashguard on the xc bike! killer.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by diesel

lord. hells yea. you must be a BEAST z1!! atomic wheels on the xc singlespeed. that is hardcore my friend. man, everytime i see a sc cham. it makes me want my old one back. its such a sweet frame. i love how ya got the massive dhrings bashguard on the xc bike! killer.
A beast? Well I smelled like one after huffing this tank up the hills today. I don't have a car so it's a good extra 45 minutes of climbing the road to the trailhead. And oh yes, I walked it a couple of times!

I can feel the extra pounds I gained over the winter just fleeing in terror...:D

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
My XC bike. Is this considered "burly"?

:rolleyes:
That's what I was building those wheels up for? Somebody ought to pass that bike some medicine... couse it's SICK!!! Wow, that’s the meanest XC bike I’ve ever seen. Looks like massive fun!

Erci

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
NJ
Originally posted by Atomic

That's a F-ing sweet bike! Congrats bro :thumb:.. I really love it, seriously..Is this fork a Z3 or Z1? What's up with those brake booster? really thin! C ya!
Fork is a Z1 MCR reduced to 4". Boosters are Salsa. They're pretty beefy. I cannot make my brakes flex even if I try. NICE Chameleon, man!

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
yur pics aren't workin. id love to see that blue one you were talking about in the other thread.

A

Atomic

wow.. 3 days without a post.. is it me or is this thread dying? :( C"mon people, dont let it die! Post pics!