Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by Sam B

You must not be looking very hard. I posted a pic of my Brooklyn with a Mr T, way back in this thread. Granted a 4" Mr T isn't nearly as big as a 7" (correct?) Stratos.

--Sam B
indeed i do remember this...sorry but i think your picture does it no justice which is why it slipped my mind. still nice and hardcore. id much rather have a mr. than a s5. is the geometry on the pb corrected for 24 rear wheel? or is the head angle adjusted for dual 26s? does anyone know exactly what the head angle is running a 24 rear wheel?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Not the burliest but I like it. Only real complaint is that 2.25 is th biggest I can get in the Rear and I don't like my fork. Hoping for a DJ1 or a 2001 SuperT soon. I wish I had the cash for an Evil!:(:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: Sticky Please!

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Originally posted by diesel

indeed i do remember this...sorry but i think your picture does it no justice which is why it slipped my mind. still nice and hardcore. id much rather have a mr. than a s5. is the geometry on the pb corrected for 24 rear wheel? or is the head angle adjusted for dual 26s? does anyone know exactly what the head angle is running a 24 rear wheel?
The geometery is more then corrected for a 24" wheel, it's designed around it. With a 26" the BB gets REALLLLLY high, and you have even less tire clearance than a 24" - 1.9 is about it on a 26".

I'm not enough of a crack head to actually measure my headangle, but it's probably 69 or 70 degrees with the 4" fork, 24/26 setup.

--Sam B

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Oh yeah...about the raw finished Marzocchi...

I don't have a camera, so no pics. For some reason the legs are grey and speckled up by the wipers but they, somewhat abruptly, turn silver below the brake bosses. Combined with my "Envy" arch, and mounted on a VERY rusted "raw" finished Brooklyn it looks really cool. The legs have oxidized as well, so my entire bike looks like it is a decade old.

--Sam B

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Oh yeah...about the raw finished Marzocchi...

I don't have a camera, so no pics. For some reason the legs are grey and speckled up by the wipers but they, somewhat abruptly, turn silver below the brake bosses. Combined with my "Envy" arch, and mounted on a VERY rusted "raw" finished Brooklyn it looks really cool. The legs have oxidized as well, so my entire bike looks like it is a decade old.

--Sam B
that sounds sweet.....if you have an opportunity, grab someone else cam and snap some pics

M

M.W.

Originally posted by jodysbike

Is that a Giant? I don't think I have ever seen that bike befor.
Yeah, it's a Giant. From what I've picked up in various other threads, it's made for the Japanese market, and Giant Canada is bringing in a few, but not Giant USA.

M

M.W.

I'm not enough of a crack head to actually measure my headangle, but it's probably 69 or 70 degrees with the 4" fork, 24/26 setup.

--Sam B
LOL! You know you've got a perfectly adjusted deraileur hidden on there somewhere...

M

M.W.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that...

--Sam B
LOL.

BTW, I went singlespeed on the 24-7. It's a pretty hokey setup (I pretty much took an old cassette apart, and rearanged the spacers and cogs so that everything fits, it looks pretty funny...
1speed is wicked! I was sad to ditch the blue anodized deraileur wheels though... Those were my friends. Now I've just got my blue ano. QR left.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
That sasquatch is a rocketship. It may not be beef like a Le Toy but man does it go fast. I rode it down at our local Dirt jumps (Dan had rode it down w/o his brother) and it just kept rolling and rolling.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by M.W.

LOL.

BTW, I went singlespeed on the 24-7. It's a pretty hokey setup (I pretty much took an old cassette apart, and rearanged the spacers and cogs so that everything fits, it looks pretty funny...
1speed is wicked! I was sad to ditch the blue anodized deraileur wheels though... Those were my friends. Now I've just got my blue ano. QR left.
oh man yesh. that thing must be a beast to pedal around singlspeed. but yes ss is so badarse. after running ss for quite a while i needed to put gears on my minuteman just so it was more versatile but i miss it. i want t1's parkbike so i can set it up ss. theres nothing like launching a big staircase with a bunch of geared folk and you hear them hit the ground all clankie like and your landing it just 100% solid sounding....*sigh* someone "lend" me 550$?

M

M.W.

Originally posted by diesel

oh man yesh. that thing must be a beast to pedal around singlspeed. but yes ss is so badarse. after running ss for quite a while i needed to put gears on my minuteman just so it was more versatile but i miss it. i want t1's parkbike so i can set it up ss. theres nothing like launching a big staircase with a bunch of geared folk and you hear them hit the ground all clankie like and your landing it just 100% solid sounding....*sigh* someone "lend" me 550$?
It's actually not all that bad... I've lightened it up a LOT since the pic I posted, and the gearing is semi-easy (32-18 w/ 24" rear wheel)... It's definately awesome not having all that crap clanking around and waiting to be torn off back there...

spag52

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
MA
i'm not sure what you mean but i remember these
CNC'd der. that cost like 200 new...might be one of those:confused:

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Yep made by precision billet. Matty F has one up here in ontario *(on the first page i thin, its on a bommer with an x vert carbon) and likes it better than his xtr. There goin' for like 75 on jenson or supergo i think...

A

Atomic

Originally posted by spag52
mmmmmm:D
Sick parts, sick frame, sick ride, must be a blast to ride, but the colour mix is soooooooooooooooooooo ugly.... maybe is he daltonian (doesnt see the colour the right way) :D :P

c ya!