Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

dhbiker

Chimp
Nov 16, 2001
Maine
the clif cat is the sickest hardtail ever. i hope its on bens site. that really is hardcore. i've always admired ht with a monster on it.....those that could handle it at least.:rolleyes:

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Warped
another sweet pk

Wicked! I realy luv it.. would have put speeds on it though :D.. single speed isnt my definition of DS race bike

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Originally posted by ibismojo
he got a new one...and let us use his old one for the chain stay. my friend has it on his eliminator as well. works nicely.

Oh I thought it was clear rubber. I've got tiogas, they suck.

Atomic- One speed is the ****.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
yes sam that is seriously a NICE pb. i love that bike so much. i cant wait till i stumble across a large sum of money, THEN IT WILL BE MINE...OH YES...IT WILL BE MINE. here ill attach it so that people can see it right on the board.

Attachments

Jon B

Chimp
Dec 1, 2001
San Diego
Wow! Thats one sick Park Bike. Now I'm considering getting black.

I might as well add to this thread while I'm at it. Here's a pic of my old Spooky Metalhead. I'm still mad at myself for selling it. Oh well. Nothing special, but it was a fun bike:

Attachments

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Originally posted by Daman
ya..they do are pretty customable hehe...that one is very cool...its from a guy in Toronto ? working at the Bike depot i guess?
yea, his name is ryan rutherford. an absolutly sick rider. rides dirt. sponsered and the whole lot. good kid too. i live right by the shop so i know.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
WOW, i LOVE your park bike Sam. very very nice.

it looks like you got a 24" rear, is the front 26" ??
I don't know which picture you are refering to. But mine is/was the clearcoated one I posted back a ways. The black one I posted, Steve tipped me off to - it was on MTBR. That one isn't mine, however I was kind of thinking about plain old black for my replacement frame. Both my setup and the black one are 24/26 combos.

--Sam B

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by Sam B

I don't know which picture you are refering to. But mine is/was the clearcoated one I posted back a ways. The black one I posted, Steve tipped me off to - it was on MTBR. That one isn't mine, however I was kind of thinking about plain old black for my replacement frame. Both my setup and the black one are 24/26 combos.

--Sam B

ahh...well the one you had was sweet. i dunno if you posted a description or not with the other, i just looked at the pic then saw your name. i figured you had already gotten a new one. for your replacement...i think the black frame with the decals that have yellow looks sweet...

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Originally posted by dhbiker

first of all, that bike is SWEET
second, what is he have for bars on it, and what is model is that rear tire? never seen it before.
1:yes that bike is sweet. i've got basicly the same set up on mine.
2:bars are dmr "wing" bars. 2.5 or 2.75 inch rise, cr-mo. i've got the same ones. sweet bars.
3:kenda collossal. 2.6. cheap but good dh tyres.

hope that helps.

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
yep, DMR 3 inch rise wingbar, cromo.
Kenda 2.65 tire, comes in 24 and 26 inch. All headford uses now ( one of the best street riders in ontario)

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Sam B

Are those the Magnesium Primo pedals? Or just the silver ones...
These are the Planet X Clingon 2 Pedals, in WHITE :D the finish is so darn good... plus is looks very unusual hehe

Warped: Thanks! :thumb: ! I tried it a bit on the parking lot today and on thursday (when I got it), and IT'S a blast! Bunny hop like a full suspension, 10lbs BMX with 6 inch of travel with rebound set to the fastest :P

A

Atomic

Here ya go.. For the 3rd time, my sweet chute :D

Next step on it is a XTR or XT rear der., a 321/XT front wheel, a rear Hayes hydro, and *maybe* a 24" rear, but it's more than unsure..

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I just finished building this bike up for friend tonight. Pieced together on a budget so some of the parts wouldn't stand up to a lot of abuse, but she wanted the bike together as quickly as possible and doesn't have a lot of money to spend. Even so, it has taken three months to get to this day...

Azonic DS-1
Marzocchi Z-1 Wedge
Tank headset
Azonic bars
FSA Power-Pro cranks
Deore drivetrain
LX/Rhyno Lite wheels
DHRings.com guide
Avid Single-digit 3 brakes.

The bike went together reasonably well. The most annoying part was getting the DHrings chainring on the cranks as the tolerances were a bit off... but after quite a bit of file-work, it was persuaded to fit.

Up next, Hulkamaniac's PX Bommer... That should turn out really sweet and quite worth of pics... hopefully... :rolleyes:

Attachments

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
that looks really nice. how much did it all add up to??
Not 100% sure... some of it she already had (wheels, tires, seat, pedals, stem) and she bought the frame 2nd hand although never built. She's member of my team, and got the fork through our Marzocchi grass-roots sponsorship program... All told, I guess she has a bit more than $1000 into it.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
FINALLY i get the digicam. canon s3 for those interested. here are two kinda big pics of my bike. you might remember me from ben@unreals bike pr0n page. pink glitter grips box of corona. yea thats me singlespeed....but ss no longer, here is minuteman v1.8 complete with beer.

if the second one is obnoxiously big lemme know.