Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Why thanks!
She feels a little less like a truck with a single crown and lighter tires, quite flickable.

Keep posting em!

loving your new setup there short bus. i'm also rebiulding a burly hardtail myself can't wait for it to be done
I've had a few hardtails in the past and somehow always ended up parting them for fullies, but almost immediately regretted it! hardtails are so much fun, what are you building up? DC can be fun to ride hardtails when not too many ppl are holding protests.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i use to have a morphine with almost that exact same setup though i had a 24" in the back. its a really good bike but i always had a problem with the rear wheel moving back toward the end of the dropout on the disc side. you have to have a bolt on rear hub to run 8" rotors on it. that actually ended up being one of the reason i sold the bike. now i regret that desicion and now i'm building anther FR hardtail

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Damn...forgot about this thread...

Here's the latest HT:

It'll eventually be SS and dual 24's, but I already had the wheels and I don't know what ratio I want to run...

oldschooljay

Chimp
Apr 30, 2007
good thread, here's a few of mine i have had over the years. the surly was built in 01, back when burly ht's weren't a big thing.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
good to see that this thread is still kicking and screaming to say alive. hardtail bike forever. not that sus. bike are bad hardtails are just better. much more versatile and so little down time in comparisons

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
haha I started this 6 years ago! wow. I haven't posted around here in forever but I used to love it. Great to see it still goin!

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
haha....i built up a planet x jack flash rad and i still have it. i haven't got any pics handy but i'll hafta take some in the next couple of days

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
Warped when you have a classic you have a classic. i loove my burly hardtails i started with a fully then got a hardtail and rode it for like 2 years then desided to try a fully and that lasted about a year and now i'm back in a hardtail agian

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I bought this bike used two weeks ago, and after waiting for a part to come in, it's ready to go. It'll go for its first freeride session next Saturday on some local trails...

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Mlody, how's the Boxxer working for you on that bike? I'm going to keep riding my bike as-is for a while, but I'm thinking about putting a Boxxer on, since one of the 7" pre-2004(?) ones would give me another inch of travel while only raising the front end by about 6mm.

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
It worked nice, I used that bike for DH and I liked how it rode. Front end felt good, it wasn't too high. I had that bike for a couple of months (in 2005) before I bought fully.

Jun 22, 2007
My Ironhorse Chimpira
Upgrades:
Manitou Stance Blunt 150
Mavic 325/321 laced to saint hubs
Hayes mags
Saint der. and Deore shifter
e.thirteen SRS and 36t chainring
Azonic a-frames
FSA big fat pig headset THE 1.5 headlock
Truvativ 1.5 stem
Sram cassette and chain