Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

C

Cheers

Nice bike! Did you leave the front brake cable long so you can to bar spins and x ups?

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Someone always have to nag about something don't they...;) Why is the cable long,.. Why is the rear brake cable all tangled up aroung the brake,.. Why are there two allen keys sitting on the cranks................... :rolleyes: :)

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
ha! yea that took me a while to figure out just what the hell those two things were on the cranks...

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
well by the look of it my frames the same as pyslo's a pashley 24mhz, i'll have some better close up ones some time this week but heres one or too from my 1st proper ride, theres a few differances now but i'll tell u about them when i have the pics (ones a rear disc mount)

Attachments

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Priss! Do you have a disc mount on your 24MHz? I just talked with one from Pashly about that, and it's not available now :confused:

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
i didn't get it off pashley i made it at work(enginer) its a mk1 at teh mo but i'll have pics tomorrow i hope if i get the flim developed, all it invoves is a primo chain tug and nice bits of 6mm steel welded and drilled in the right spots only took an hr to 2 :D :cool:

C

Cheers

Hey PGR....
I didn't want to mention the other things as I just figure he was so excited to get a pic he didn't want to wait;)

But I seriously wanted to know about the cable.

I never point that kind of stuff out, I can't living in this big ole glass house! :D

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by prisspringle
well by the look of it my frames the same as pyslo's a pashley 24mhz, i'll have some better close up ones some time this week but heres one or too from my 1st proper ride, theres a few differances now but i'll tell u about them when i have the pics (ones a rear disc mount)
I don't mean to whinge, but where the f*** is your helmet kid?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Perhaps we should start a 'Band-Logo-Stealers' Fund for Helmetless Kids' together, bomber? Really bothers me to see that, too. End of rant [which happens after every helmetless pic].

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by MikeD
Perhaps we should start a 'Band-Logo-Stealers' Fund for Helmetless Kids' together, bomber? Really bothers me to see that, too. End of rant [which happens after every helmetless pic].
F*** that! Dirt jump lids are dirt cheap!! If you can afford a bike built to survive jumping, you can afford a killer helmet, if not 5 cheap ones...

Love your sig by the way...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Very true, very true. I didn't *really* think that people refuse to wear helmets b/c of cost, though...

(Thanks...I was gonna use the little ska guy from an Op Ivy album, but he didn't scan so well...I think this one's better...though I still kinda feel like a thief.)

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
i personaly don't use one unless i'm doing a dh(mx one)' piss pots' as there know on this side of the pond never feel right on my head they woble when jumping and distract me and often in crashed they come off , well they do on my head, that and to me a bit of plastic and 1/2 and inch of foam doesn't really protect me i've still got ko'd when using one ok i probbly would if i han'd had one but i wouldn't be left with stiches from the shatterd plastic that was my 'pisspot':(

anyway thats my rant, the way i look at it if u don't want to don't bother and u can suffer the consiquences.

priss

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
1/2" of foam and some plastic don't protect you? OK, I'm gonna hit you in the head with a hammer. Do you 1) want a helmet, or 2) not want a helmet?

Gimme a break.

Yeah, it's gonna hurt either way, but... I've crashed and been KO'd and/or recieved a concussion with a fullface on, too...don't complain that you were KO'd. Be glad your brains aren't splattered on a rock.

I'm pretty much a libertarian...so I think it's pretty much gonna be your choice to wear it or not, but I can't say I think you're making a smart or good choice.

Then again, I don't want the rest of society paying for an idiot's medical care, either, in the form of higher medical insurance.

I think this argument's gonna go on forever and this isn't the place; people want pics of hardtails here, so that's my last cent on the issue. Rebut if you will, or just send me a PM...I think everyone's prolly tired of this already. Ride on, be safe.

MD

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Cyclepro : A Swedish company... They don't really make super-high end bikes. I don't think they sell the frames seperatly...

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by PGR
Cyclepro : A Swedish company... They don't really make super-high end bikes. I don't think they sell the frames seperatly...
i checked out the website and obviously cant understand anything. do you have any idea what the price is?

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by Warped

i checked out the website and obviously cant understand anything. do you have any idea what the price is?
The model is called "Xelos". From what I can see, it only comes as a complete bike. Direct link.

The price is 13.995 Swedish crowns. That's 1.356,99 US$ with todays exchange rate...

If you are serious about maybe getting this bike, it will most likely be a pain for you to get a hold of one, since you live in the Americas.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Craftworks Rail
Marzocchi Z1 MCR
Hayes Brakes
Race Face Prodigy DH cranks
XT Rhinolite wheels
Rocket shifters
Maxxis High Rollers 2.5
XT shifters

WANTED: a chain guide!!!!!

Okay, here is the review, I took it dirtjumping yesterday, it was the bike and mines first time. The bike is very balanced feeling. I thought the weight would be an issue, but it just seemed to make everything feel stable. The finish of the bike is good. It is anodised, which I admit is nice to look at but not so strong! The welds are quality, and the design seems bomb proof.

Rob

sod8

Chimp
Dec 10, 2001
Santa Barbara, CA
Originally posted by Warped

If you missed Timmy Turtle's post, it is most likely the exact same frame as the Azonic Evolution. At least it looks that way frome the pic. They retail for around 450(?)

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
that doesnt necessarily mean they will be the same price. with Azonic, you're paying for the name too. i am pretty sure that the eliminator-style frames differ in price too.