Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Subterrainian. Unreal Cycles has a few on their site; they're handmade by someone Ben knows.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Swwwwwwweeeeeeeeettt. That Le Toy frame has grown on me. I used to scowl at it and say, "Overbuilt and under-engineered." Now I smile at it and say, "Overbuilt and under-engineered." :p

I think your first upgrade should be to a hacksaw, though, lol. Either that or a REALLY good athletic cup and some DJing kneepads.

MD

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by MikeD
Swwwwwwweeeeeeeeettt. That Le Toy frame has grown on me. I used to scowl at it and say, "Overbuilt and under-engineered." Now I smile at it and say, "Overbuilt and under-engineered." :p

I think your first upgrade should be to a hacksaw, though, lol. Either that or a REALLY good athletic cup and some DJing kneepads.

MD
and maybe an eyepatch

i cant talk though, mine is no where near done

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
hehe, I knew i'd get razzed for that, but I just slipped the fork on for a pic - I think the fact I have a 9mm front wheel in a 20mm dropout is more of a concern ;)

About the design - We all know that aluminum fatigues and isn't an ideal metal for bike frames - but, it fatigues from flexing. Thus if you build an aluminum frame that don't flex, it's gonna last a long, long time. I think the Le Toy is going to last a long, long time :D

And it's got more engineering than people give it credit too - after all, it's on it's third version, with many small changes along the way. The under-engineered and overbuilt award definitely goes to Clifcat for their Tankass ;)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
The under-engineered and overbuilt award definitely goes to Clifcat for their Tankass ;)
Ah, so...you have here made a truth.

MD

(I keep thinking about overbuilt and under-engineered asses now...you know, the kind that look eniticing with paint and stickers and all sorts of finish :p , but, when laid bare, show poor construction...and fail to hold up to flexing and fatigue in the long term, leaving you with a ruined mess.)

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Originally posted by the BIG cheese
hey! i liked the stickers! when are the brakes and wheel going to be there? how long have you been waiting now?
i like stickers too!! my buddy is making me a set at his work. i can get any colour i want. i dont know what colour to do. 24 rocks, i emailed them asking if i could get a file with the logos so i can have some made and they sent it to me (in corel draw format, the exact format i needed) the next day! i am honestly considering GOLD... because, I love goooooooold!! or just grey.

Hayes were on backorder for a bit but are in now. still waiting on the yodo order, it got delayed. no biggie.. sposed to be on the way

EvilDave - your bike is SIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKK.... i saw it on nsmb i guess a lil while ago

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
i like stickers too!! my buddy is making me a set at his work. i can get any colour i want. i dont know what colour to do. 24 rocks, i emailed them asking if i could get a file with the logos so i can have some made and they sent it to me (in corel draw format, the exact format i needed) the next day! i am honestly considering GOLD... because, I love goooooooold!! or just grey.

Hayes were on backorder for a bit but are in now. still waiting on the yodo order, it got delayed. no biggie.. sposed to be on the way

EvilDave - your bike is SIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKK.... i saw it on nsmb i guess a lil while ago
definately shiny gold dude, gold all the way. then you could get gold ck headset, it would match perfectly

remi

Chimp
Jun 19, 2002
VA, in the snow
A question just stroke me....

What's going to happen when this post reaches 999.999 views ?
I know it's been there for a while and is "only past the first 100K, but what if ...

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere in those dozen pages ..

Hey, this is Nick from Santa Cruz, CA. This is my baby, okay, my play bike/xc pedaler once in a while. It's a 2001 Bruiser One, it's got a 2002 Z1 FR, Tioga Cube stem and Factory DH 2.3 front tire, Kenda Kinetics 2.35 rear. Azonic World Force 26" bar my buddy gave me, Odi Lock-on grips, Avid SD 3 Brakes, Shimano 8-speed drivetrain(new shifter, cassette, etc), Race Face Prodigy DH crankset with bachguard with SRX BB(affordable and tough, somehting not usually said about crankset.) , Weyless Mod 37 Pedals(hey, it's just like the A Frame and a third the price, what do you expect from a high school kid on a budget?).The only stock parts are the seat, wheels, and brake levers. The next upgrade will be Hayes Discs or maybe Shimano XT discs. Hope you guys like it.

Attachments

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
there are more cleaner looking lines on the nicolai than the imperial, looks lighter too. very, very nice even though there isnt top of the line everything on it.