Quantcast

I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER! 12"!

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
holy crap! i cant believe this fork, its the most amazing thing i have ever ridden in my life, a little heavy, but the crazy smooth travel makes up for it, i took it for my first run today, i think im going to lessen the travel to 9-10 inches...because i have a GT DH-i, and it only has a 9" frame. so what do you all think about the marzocchi super monster?? anyone else have one??

****PICTURES!!!! **** just click on the link, and look at the slide show...

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Overkill.

Also.. watch out with ovalizing that DHi's headtube. I used to have a DHi and I ovalized the headtube with normal riding and a Shiver.

-J

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its funny how everyone puts the super monster down but I would bet no one has actually ridden one. Maybe its not overkill for this guy. I would never want one but then again Ive never ridden it. Id like to take one out for a test run.

Lets see some pics.....

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
I too would like to see some pictures if you really ended up getting that fork... Where did you get it from?
Either way, enjoy it and have fun!

hotcarl

Chimp
Feb 11, 2004
I don't know, I've thought about buying one a couple of times. The problem I see is there is no resale on them so you couldn't get much or any of your money back out of it. But, I do give you props for getting one, overkill or not you atleast know what it is to ride one, so when all the haters start talking **** you know the truth.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
hotcarl said:
I don't know, I've thought about buying one a couple of times. The problem I see is there is no resale on them so you couldn't get much or any of your money back out of it. But, I do give you props for getting one, overkill or not you atleast know what it is to ride one, so when all the haters start talking **** you know the truth.
:rolleyes:
Yup, the truth hurts tho, it's a pile of crap.

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
^i actually got offered one of those for 400 bucks.

Why man? why? i run 8, and thats plenty for me. Its plenty for people like Darren Bearclaw, Tyler Klassen, wade simmons...ect.
Do you really need more? :nuts:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
why? 12 inches of travel? do useless. and what does that thing weigh 20 pounds? i hope you dont snap your head tube.

skeletor

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
STORE.
Kanter said:
Its funny how everyone puts the super monster down but I would bet no one has actually ridden one. Maybe its not overkill for this guy. I would never want one but then again Ive never ridden it. Id like to take one out for a test run.

Lets see some pics.....

i rode one once. it was way overkill. thing weighed a ton. smooth as butter travel, but totally useless for anything other than going over big rocks.

swededh9

Chimp
Jan 28, 2005
Stockholm and Are / Sweden
As I haven't ridden one of those I really dont know what to say but it seams to me its overkill. Altough it would be pretty sweet to run it really soft you can let it sag like 8" and have lots of travel left ;)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I rode the normal Monster T 03' model before going Avy and it was very heavy, - making it difficult to do drops and jumps since you would have to pull it big time...every time !

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Unless this guy is about 10 feet tall and weighs in around 500 pounds or so...the fork is definitely overkill...only purpose i could see would be a straight shot down a run with some huge hits and a run that you never plan on leaving the ground...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jessh you people know how to get someone that is so excited about something, down.
listen vee, enjoy what you got. Ride it hard ,, show everyone youi need it!!!!!! dont listen to anyone's negative atitudes. tell them to keep it quiet and go ride

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
yeehaarider said:
holy crap! i cant believe this fork, its the most amazing thing i have ever ridden in my life, a little heavy, but the crazy smooth travel makes up for it, i took it for my first run today, i think im going to lessen the travel to 9-10 inches...because i have a GT DH-i, and it only has a 9" frame. so what do you all think about the marzocchi super monster?? anyone else have one??
Try postin it on Pinkbike, those guys have much more experiance on them supermonsters and they prolly know all about the tech stuff on m and everything.
Hucked anything BIG on it yet? Cause u know lifes to short not to go BIG...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dhmtbj said:
meh...its pretty worthless with pics too

just cracked up

starting to feel bad for this guy...it should be in the "rules" sticky that no :monkey: shall start a thread with the following words "I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER!"... :p

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
wow. im stunned at that pic :eek: That thing is at like a 90 degree angle. i wonder how it would ride with a 24 on the rear.
bwhahaha :evil: