Quantcast

its turdsday gfmt....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Being oblivious to media, politics and gov, I may be out of touch with current events but from a hermit's perspective it seems peeps are being more hateful and irrational every year.
people need something else in their lives other than their politics....whatever side your on...

i blame social media...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This is true.

Some folks are waiting for the “second coming” bull shit. I’m just waiting for Mother Nature to pull the fuck you card and blow up Yellowstone and send us into an ash induced ice age. Shit would get spicy.
Authentic spicy?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is true.

Some folks are waiting for the “second coming” bull shit. I’m just waiting for Mother Nature to pull the fuck you card and blow up Yellowstone and send us into an ash induced ice age. Shit would get spicy.
[Looks at core density on map of where preppers and militia fanatics live. Looks at different assumed destruction zones around Yellowstone]

Well that immediate problem is resolved.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You don’t say?
Man with young children upset world is being destroyed largely by older generation that is actively sabotaging all attempts to slow it down /= people stating that we should kill all people with different beliefs (religion) or color than our own.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
[Looks at core density on map of where preppers and militia fanatics live. Looks at different assumed destruction zones around Yellowstone]

Well that immediate problem is resolved.
if yellowstone goes....i think highlands ranch gets a nuclear winter from mother nature...

enjoy it...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Man with young children upset world is being destroyed largely by older generation that is actively sabotaging all attempts to slow it down /= people stating that we should kill all people with different beliefs (religion) or color than our own.
if you want to save the planet...

don't have kids.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
if that only had less nose/flat nose...
What I love is it's cut from a modern blank so the nose and tail are the same angle. Nolies should be total cake. Mike Vallely said he designed it as the ultimate street axe. I'm well past my prime, but this is a dream stick. I'm still undecided on the wheels, but I got my Slayers. :rofl:

PXL_20221104_213430281.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
they are quite nice. but i'm still keeping my lodge stuff.
I'll always keep a Lodge or 4, but I would appreciate having an enameled pan to cook acidic foods in without worrying about stripping the seasoning.

If left unchecked, I'd prpbably end up amassing a rather large and extensive cookware collection.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll always keep a Lodge or 4, but I would appreciate having an enameled pan to cook acidic foods in without worrying about stripping the seasoning.
among the reasons i got them. plus i always found i had to use much more butter / oil to cook eggs than i liked.

If left unchecked, I'd prpbably end up amassing a rather large and extensive cookware collection.
uncoated cast iron (mix of lodge and other inexpensive brands):

skillets:

3.5"
5"
6"
8"
2 x 10 1/4" (including 1 lid)

10" square grill pan

10x20 reversible griddle

edit: forgot i have 14" lodge wok too [/edit]

enameled (all le creuset except the casserole, which is lodge):

9" skillet
11 3/4" skillet
113/4" casserole w/ lid
6.75 qt oval dutch oven

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's not like climate change creeped up on us and we thought we'd get this shit ironed out in a timely fashion....

its not how humans operate.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I got a kid in Orlando currently and things are downgraded to a tropical storm for the orange county but the park is closed today so they are pretty much stuck in the hotel for the day. Watching Florida deal with the weather is pretty amusing. The whole "why is this happening to me" year after year thing makes me wonder why they don't move.
Wife is stuck at a fancy-schmancy hotel at Sea World, staying two extra days. She was out until 1:30 having a hurricane party. This is very out of character for her. I told her not to take hone the pool boy.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
if you want to save the planet...

don't have kids.
Exactly, because the current group of old bastards running this shit show seem to doing such a great job of solving climate issues. . .

Really want to solve it, we need a good pandemic, like a really good one, one that would kill 1/3 or so of the global population. That should do it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea, the cooking surface is black enamel. you can actually use cooking spray on it. a light coating is perfect to keep an egg from sticking when frying.
i will also say this - one of the goals of acquiring the 2 new skillets was to finally be able to rid myself of non-stick (read: non cast iron) cookware. last step is to replace our stock pots w/ stainless steel ones.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Smells spicy up in here this morning.

Trying to figure out what the hell I need to do today. Or more accurately, what fires are liable to cause more loss of life, and thus should be prioritized.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I do not have any of these baby goat kid things you're referring to, nor do I want any.

I pretty much decided on this point when I was about 12.

edit: ^^ old man sized fonts for @rideit , right there with ya!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Been thinking about upgrading my Lodge to an enameled Le Creuset skillet like that.
the cooking surface is enameled too.... no seasoning and no rust.
I endorse the enamaled Le Creuset skillet. It's how I make all my fancy steaks since the wagyu hybrids cause my grill to flare up too much because of their inherent goodness

/me is reading ultrasounds, WFH today since sore throat + ominous sounding cough (but no fever, normal HRV)