Quantcast

its turdsday gfmt....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just had a bike "stolen". Vintage 26", too good of a deal to be passed up. I was not home when postal service tried to deliver it and needed to go to the logistics hub because it was too heavy for the local post office. When I arrived, someone had already picked it up. Dude just had the tracking number not the actual paper you get in the mailbox telling you where to pick it up, his address didn't match mine, he signed with a different name but hey, Danish postal service still handed him a big ass box!

I would be surprised if the delivery driver is not in on this. How did this dude get the tracking number?
Of course, customer "service" is not open anymore. FTS!

Hope I can at least get the money back.
Update: seller told me he shipped it in a Liv eBike box. I can imagine the face of the thief when he opened the box. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Asshole.

I often have to pick up packages without the slip as they don't always leave one. But at least they check ID to see the name/address matches what's on the package.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also went ahead and ordered the rest of the skateboards since they look like quality pieces. So 42 boards, 40 lids and 40 tools. Mission accomplished.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
not once growing up during all the nuclear winter/the sky is falling bullshit of the seventies....the cold war nonsense of the 80's...did it dawn on me to piss and moan to my parents and blame their generation or the previous one....
Maybe it should have?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
what the actual fuck.
Please note: when you ship the frame, it should not be in an eBike box!!! Or anything that looks of value. ;)
The stolen bike was meant as a parts donor for when the frame from you arrives. Fuck!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Well, it’s my Friday day off, but my bike is out of action. Ssd face. Got some school bikes that need attention though. Maybe I’ll work on those. Amazing how quickly kids can fuck bikes up.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
if i had my way i'd put an induction cooktop in the middle of an island, but my wife says that's "out of style" i said i don't care about style i wanna cook
You planning to sell in the next few years? If not tell her to quit worrying about it. Your kitchen will just need a refresh anyway, make it awesome and enjoy it, list that shit as a "cook's kitchen" later and eat a marginal decrease in value, but enjoy the thing daily.

My wife says the same shit about paint colors and landscaping, as if the paint we roll today with a toddler will last long enough to matter anyway. She knows better than to say no when it comes to kitchen stuff.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You planning to sell in the next few years? If not tell her to quit worrying about it. Your kitchen will just need a refresh anyway, make it awesome and enjoy it, list that shit as a "cook's kitchen" later and eat a marginal decrease in value, but enjoy the thing daily.
This.

My wife says the same shit about paint colors and landscaping, as if the paint we roll today with a toddler will last long enough to matter anyway. She knows better than to say no when it comes to kitchen stuff.
Also this.

At this point, I think we'll let the next owner of this house take care of all the interior repairs/bullshit.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
AoNZ is running on 99% renewable power today. We’ve been trending in the high 90s for a while now, but it’s pretty cool to hit 99% whilst the fossil infrastructure still exists.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The only thing worse than going through a kitchen remodel would be putting in a second fucking kitchen. :D
I have a strong suspicion my mountain house remodel will turn out to be the greatest headache... thus far

: simpsonsmemegoeshere:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
gas, do not want

aren't those supposed to have red knobs for extra cachet anyway?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I live in an area where the power goes out regularly, and sometimes for up to and beyond a week long. Gas is the only thing that keeps the house from freezing, and that allows us to cook.

So out here they're trying to kill us