Quantcast

its turdsday gfmt....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I may be old school but I like to be able to sand and refurb my cast iron if and when needed
the enameled coating is easy enough to care for there's really no need to have to resurface.

that being said, i am absolutely still keeping my regular (seasoned) skillets. for certain things i still prefer them over the enamel coated.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Exactly, because the current group of old bastards running this shit show seem to doing such a great job of solving climate issues. . .

not once growing up during all the nuclear winter/the sky is falling bullshit of the seventies....the cold war nonsense of the 80's...did it dawn on me to piss and moan to my parents and blame their generation or the previous one....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
not once growing up during all the nuclear winter/the sky is falling bullshit of the seventies....the cold war nonsense of the 80's...did it dawn on me to piss and moan to my parents and blame their generation or the previous one....
Neither am I, I just find it humorous that you’re essentially blaming the next generation for climate change? No?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I do not have any of these baby goat kid things you're referring to, nor do I want any.

I pretty much decided on this point when I was about 12.
because dogs do not talk back....or require college...

they just need....belly/back//butt scratches...food...

and on occasion....step on your nuts on accident...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Yeah - I'm exclusively SS, carbon steel and cast iron at this point.
We still have a few non-stick pans, but I mostly use SS and on occasion, (steaks, bacon) cast iron. Still adapting to using SS, as the pans get waaaay hotter than our old pans. Still hit and miss on scrambled eggs sticking to the SS pan....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Neither am I, I just find it humorous that you’re essentially blaming the next generation for climate change? No?
no.

given humanities track record....at what point would you think it would be a good idea to bring kids inro the world and expect it to be a better place...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
no.

given humanities track record....at what point would you think it would be a good idea to bring kids inro the world and expect it to be a better place...
Well you got me there. I guess I still have a slight glimmer of hope for the future. Hopefully I can raise my off spring to create a better world than we have now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still hit and miss on scrambled eggs sticking to the SS pan
either too hot and/or not enough butter/oil. i find with cooking eggs on cast iron i have to back the heat off a good amount compared to other cookware. on my non-stick skillets i was cooking eggs medium-low (3-4 out of 10) but with cast iron its down at low (1-2 out of 10). fwiw i have a glass top electric stove.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
the enameled coating is easy enough to care for there's really no need to have to resurface.

that being said, i am absolutely still keeping my regular (seasoned) skillets. for certain things i still prefer them over the enamel coated.
Are you sure the cooking side is enamel? I have one of those skillets and a smattering or regular LC stuff. If that skillet is enamel, it is the toughest enamel I’ve ever seen! All my other LC enamel shows some degree of wear. The skillet looks brand new still (on the inside) after 5+ years…

As far as performance and ease of use, I would say the LC is slightly easier to take care of than regular cast iron and a lot easier than the de Buyer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
in addition to new stock pots, i *may* get one more dutch oven. the oval is nice for some things, but sometimes i wish i had a round.
This is one thing that I probably could make use of - a nice enameled dutch oven for shit like beef Bourguignon, coq au vin, and miner's steak. Currently I just use one of my *heavy* SS stock pots, which works fine, I guess. :)

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
either too hot and/or not enough butter/oil. i find with cooking eggs on cast iron i have to back the heat off a good amount compared to other cookware. on my non-stick skillets i was cooking eggs medium-low (3-4 out of 10) but with cast iron its down at low (1-2 out of 10). fwiw i have a glass top electric stove.
Yeah, I found out pretty quickly that I had to lower the heat using the SS pan. Oddly, eggs seem to stick less when the heat is higher. Also, the more I stir, the more it sticks. If I leave them alone as if cooking an omelette, sticking is less of a problem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Are you sure the cooking side is enamel? I have one of those skillets and a smattering or regular LC stuff. If that skillet is enamel, it is the toughest enamel I’ve ever seen! All my other LC enamel shows some degree of wear. The skillet looks brand new still (on the inside) after 5+ years…

As far as performance and ease of use, I would say the LC is slightly easier to take care of than regular cast iron and a lot easier than the de Buyer.
100% the cook surface is enamel. the two I got are both the signature skillets:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
well, to get what I want it's gonna require a remodel, sooooooooo..........
the most frustrating phrase you will hear on any home remodel show...

"open concept"

because i want to hear the kids screaming bloody murder without obstruction...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i totally forgot about that film body that came with the lens a couple weeks ago...

20221110_114119.jpg

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just had a bike "stolen". Vintage 26", too good of a deal to be passed up. I was not home when postal service tried to deliver it and needed to go to the logistics hub because it was too heavy for the local post office. When I arrived, someone had already picked it up. Dude just had the tracking number not the actual paper you get in the mailbox telling you where to pick it up, his address didn't match mine, he signed with a different name but hey, Danish postal service still handed him a big ass box!

I would be surprised if the delivery driver is not in on this. How did this dude get the tracking number?
Of course, customer "service" is not open anymore. FTS!

Hope I can at least get the money back.