Quantcast

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
100% speculation on both of our parts. Could be the R1's with a black lever, The Ones with Red hardware or Rx's.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I've been told soon too many times. The October release is realistically turning into a December release (for L).
well its the first time i was told its coming soon...i also dont like 20k miles away from California.
and to be fair, they also never said what size frames will be available when. they said they are releasing the frame in october and i believe they did.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
well its the first time i was told its coming soon...i also dont like 20k miles away from California.
and to be fair, they also never said what size frames will be available when. they said they are releasing the frame in october and i believe they did.
I live 20k away but pre-ordred months ago at a US shop. Sure they released the frame in Oct, but its looking like Dec for L sizes. I dont think L is an uncommon size.
Do large run longer Headtubes Btw?

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Some Larges have already been shipped but those were only raw.
So the ones with color should take some 10 days longer...
But I have definitly heard of larges being delivered...
Be patient friends as I am, too...

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
WTF? Does that transform/wipe for you or do anything else besides hold a roll of toilet paper?
Is that pink tp? Do they still make colored toilet paper? I remember my grandma use to have blue and pink and green toilet paper at her house when I would visit for the summer as a little tyke.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Is that pink tp? Do they still make colored toilet paper? I remember my grandma use to have blue and pink and green toilet paper at her house when I would visit for the summer as a little tyke.
Holy throw back, my Grandma had the same. haven't thought about that in years. :)

side note I want that Intense banner.........

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I've been told soon too many times. The October release is realistically turning into a December release (for L). If it wasnt such a good looking bike i'd change!

Cough, carbon V10, cough.
Yeah, like the v10s were ever on time ;) I'm not sure why you are suprised. Most of the new bikes get delayed. My current bike was by 8 or 9 months so be happy it's that little.

mattyj

Chimp
Apr 21, 2010
I built my large up last week, had about 3 rides on it, and so far im super impressed. I came off an large 08 DHR with a CCDB and besides buying a new seat post everything else was swapped on to the M9 with RC4 including ti spring. (2010 boxxer team, codes, X0, gravity lites, 823's, hadleys, minions etc)

Im not a pro racer but i do race expert class (35+) and i'm obsessed with suspension and chassis set up on my bikes. One of the main reasons i was attracted to the M9 was the adjustability.

My first ride (fontana) i started with everything set in the middle positions and with 0* cup in the headset (so 64*) Initial impressions were..... It felt long, low and super stable. It felt firmer in the rear than the DHR through rocks and pedalling but absorbed everything better, almost with a dull feeling. It also made my forks feel soft, so a few clicks of compression to balance everything out was needed. The bike seemed to hold speed better through bumps...like it wasnt slowed by hitting bumps, it absorbed them but kept forward momentum.

I rode the exact course that i had raced the weekend before (on the DHR) so it was good to get a comparison over the same obsticles.
It did seem to steer a little lazy and slow through the tight fontana course turns, so i decided to try some different headset cups. I installed the .5* cup
and steepened the head angle to 64.5*. It worked, the bike turned in easier than previously and showed no negative effect...i liked it but wondered if it could turn better still? In went the 1* cup and the head angle was now at 65*. It seemed perfect for such a tight track.

I really only tweaked the shock a little besides the headset changes and was stoked with the set up..... I was still interested in messing around with shock leverage and chain stay legth but was running out of daylight. I decided to put in a full race run (wall included) and see if i was able to get a better time than on the DHR the week before. Granted my race run the week before was at the night race so i had an advantage with a little daylight left on the M9 plus i had ridden the course more. But........... i didnt expect to be over 10 seconds faster!

It pedalled so efficiently and honestly i just felt more confident. So far I'm super stoked with the bike and am looking forward to playing around with the other adjustments next ride.

If you have one of these coming to you.... you should be pumped because like me, I'm sure you are going to go faster without even trying too!

Last edited:

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
I built my large up last week, had about 3 rides on it, and so far im super impressed. I came off an large 08 DHR with a CCDB and besides buying a new seat post everything else was swapped on to the M9 with RC4 including ti spring. (2010 boxxer team, codes, X0, gravity lites, 823's, hadleys, minions etc)

Im not a pro racer but i do race expert class (35+) and i'm obsessed with suspension and chassis set up on my bikes. One of the main reasons i was attracted to the M9 was the adjustability.

My first ride (fontana) i started with everything set in the middle positions and with 0* cup in the headset (so 64*) Initial impressions were..... It felt long, low and super stable. It felt firmer in the rear than the DHR through rocks and pedalling but absorbed everything better, almost with a dull feeling. It also made my forks feel soft, so a few clicks of compression to balance everything out was needed. The bike seemed to hold speed better through bumps...like it wasnt slowed by hitting bumps, it absorbed them but kept forward momentum.

I rode the exact course that i had raced the weekend before (on the DHR) so it was good to get a comparison over the same obsticles.
It did seem to steer a little lazy and slow through the tight fontana course turns, so i decided to try some different headset cups. I installed the .5* cup
and steepened the head angle to 64.5*. It worked, the bike turned in easier than previously and showed no negative effect...i liked it but wondered if it could turn better still? In went the 1* cup and the head angle was now at 65*. It seemed perfect for such a tight track.

I really only tweaked the shock a little besides the headset changes and was stoked with the set up..... I was still interested in messing around with shock leverage and chain stay legth but was running out of daylight. I decided to put in a full race run (wall included) and see if i was able to get a better time than on the DHR the week before. Granted my race run the week before was at the night race so i had an advantage with a little daylight left on the M9 plus i had ridden the course more. But........... i didnt expect to be over 10 seconds faster!

It pedalled so efficiently and honestly i just felt more confident. So far I'm super stoked with the bike and am looking forward to playing around with the other adjustments next ride.

If you have one of these coming to you.... you should be pumped because like me, I'm sure you are going to go faster without even trying too!

And we have a report! haha. And wow that bike looks good.

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA

FINALLY!!!! A good report! Man o man i'm hot for mine even more now! Nice write up. What travel setting were you running it in?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im glad to hear you thought it was a bit long. i was hoping it wouldnt be short like some other bikes out there. i prefer a longer bike

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
large Raw frame is 4125grams with 12mm Hadley axle and no shock. thats 356grams lighter than my Revolt...i thought the M9 was going to be heavier

edit: does it matter where the washers/shims go on the dropouts?

Last edited:

Intenseman

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
France
M9 Fro Black Chrome in M Size

Weight (in Kg) :

Frame+ CCDB Shock w/ Stainless Steel Spring CaneCreek 450 Lbs + Suspension Axles : 5,260
Frame+ CCDB Shoxk w/ Ti Spring DSP 350 Lbs + Suspension Axles : 4,980
Frame + CCDB Shock w/Stainless Steel Spring CaneCreek 450 Lbs + Suspension Axles + Rear Axle : 5,340
Frame (Without Shock & Axles) :4,080
Suspension Axles (with spacers & alloy nut) :0,066
CCDB Shock (w/ Stainless Steel Spring CaneCreek 450lbs + bushes) : 1,180
CCDB Shock (without Spring, But with bushes) : 0,571
Stainless Steel Spring CaneCreek 450 lbs: 0,609
Ti Spring DSP 350 Lbs : 0,332
Ti Spring DSP 400 Lbs: 0,366
Ti Spring DSP 450 Lbs : 0,435
Rear Axle : 0,080