Quantcast

Make sure you know who you're e-threatening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing to me that military service and marijuana use are still all tangled together in peoples' brains in this country. I guess it makes some sense. Depending on which side of the 60's you came down on you're going to have a preference.

However, as an admittedly biased party to this debate, I must point out the irony that those who decry the production and distribution of mary jane on the grounds that it might possibly hurt people in some far fetched hypothetical scenario are the same ones who sign up to kill whichever strangers the POTUS puts on the hit list this month.

Being high on pot is about the most non-violent a human being can be. As far as I'm concerned that's good for everyone involved.
I see where you are going with the military and violence. Yes, your right a lot of people have a problem with the violence drugs bring into a community, but not the same level of concern with going into a foreign country with troops. Maybe it's because they don't see what happens everyday in another country? I did not see anybody advocating the war in here, just supporting the troops. There is a big difference in my opinion.

If I asked you in an interview for a job if pot was dangerous or good for everyone involved would you still answer like you did in the last sentance of your previous post? How about giving your kid advice?I'm just messing with you, but really it's not as good as we all think. It won't help our country be more productive or help any of us as individuals prosper. Some people need it and if not completely abused I don't think it is a bad thing.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
You're right, just saying that the gap between "pot" and "good" is much smaller than the gap between "violence" and "good."

There are lots of views it would not be in ones interest to confess in a job interview, but that doesn't make them go away. Can constant pot use lead you into a mental cul-de-sac? Clearly. Would I recommend smoking reefers to my young child? No.

However, I know for a fact that occasional users can be happy and productive members of society.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Not to add my two cents in this late in the thread, but I think one should take responsibility for everything you say, including what you put on the internet.

One might think I was super argumentative based on my posts here, and the people who know me would agree that is exactly how I am in real life.

I have also met many monkies in real life, so what I write here does affect what I do in real life.

Now obviously this bozo did not think so, but the internet is not some secret, geeks-only, hideaway. Anyone can find your stuff, and I do think you should be held accountable.

This is also the reason why I don't take Rants & Raves seriously and why I value RM.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, I just opened this thread so my wife could read the first post by Manimal so she could see what happened. She likes Manimal, and is in the criminal justice field, and I thought she would appreciate the story. I opened the page before I got in the shower.

It's now almost an hour later, I'm out of the shower, did all the stuff I had to do, and ready for bed, and she was STILL reading this thread. It doesn't get more epic than that!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Instead of the hassle of the Furniture Market, I think that the city should have a Manimal/Dog House appreciation week instead.

eh?
speaking of furniture market. i just spent the past 2 hours riding around downtown checking out all of the visitors......and i'm getting time and a half for it :D nothing like getting paid to do some urban riding and stare at hot chicks ;)

http://www.highpointmarket.org/AboutMarket.aspx

the only bad thing is that i have to help provide a security detail for martha stewart later this afternoon :rolleyes:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Damn, this thread had so much promise with the first post... it had everything, bad grammar, e-thuggery, imminent retribution and myspace, it had to become a thread like "I bought my NSX by playing poker, now you can too" and gain infamy across the internet, right??

Now 7 pages later and it's degenerated into "dude, why are you picking on potheads" and "but but but. won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!!!" kind of posts, and no updates, no follow-up, nothing. Note for Manimal - next time, drag it out over 3-4 days, starting with the "damn, someone's grammar sucks, I just got this PM via myspace" and keep us in suspense as you slowly reel this guy in. This was way too anticlimactic.

Otherwise, great story Manimal, rep given. :) Waiting (im)patiently for updates...

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Damn, this thread had so much promise with the first post... it had everything, bad grammar, e-thuggery, imminent retribution and myspace, it had to become a thread like "I bought my NSX by playing poker, now you can too" and gain infamy across the internet??

Now 7 pages later and it's degenerated into "dude, why are you picking on potheads" and "but but but. won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!!!" kind of posts, and no updates, no follow-up, nothing. Note for Manimal - next time, drag it out over 3-4 days, starting with the "damn, someone's grammar sucks, I just got this PM via myspace" and keep us in suspense as you slowly reel this guy in. This was way too anticlimactic.

Otherwise, great story Manimal, rep given. :) Waiting (im)patiently for updates...
I think Manimals Update needs to be part 2 in a new thread.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've another pic that expresses my feelings about this deal. Let Manimal be the cat in the following:

pwnt!

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
awesome thread. All I have to say is: If the guy is stupid enough to get caught so easily, he deserves it. Sounds like he is father of the year material, too. :P

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Criminal Darwinism...

Not to jinx things, but I wonder how long it will be before someone from the outside hotlinks to this thread, and it becomes another h*rbl thread (just so the search for that word don't return this thread).

DonMario2k

Chimp
Apr 8, 2008
you sir are an internet legend!

i'm looking forward to what's gonna happen next :)

IBAFE46F (in before anybody from e46fanatics) :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.