Quantcast

***Malaise Monday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wouldn't want to be responsible for your stitches. I get a little OCD when it comes to an edge.
Wifey has gone to ER 2x on my edges, from when I had time to sharpen still. I appreciate a foot edge.:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Over in the PAWN Syadasti had been needlessly picking fights with members who would otherwise agree with him. The last straw was when he accused some of us of promoting sexual assault because we would not denounce a famous WWII photo. @Pesqueeb leveled him with an epic criticism that sent him packing. The PAWN smoldered for days...
That's not specifically what triggered nuking him from orbit, but that was certainly the path that led there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Over in the PAWN Syadasti had been needlessly picking fights with members who would otherwise agree with him. The last straw was when he accused some of us of promoting sexual assault because we would not denounce a famous WWII photo. @Pesqueeb leveled him with an epic criticism that sent him packing. The PAWN smoldered for days...
linky? or was that deleted?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
linky? or was that deleted?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I drunk ordered a CRKT tanto M16 last night.
I was actually looking at those the other day as I've been looking to pick up a tanto. Current candidates are the Zero Tolerance 0620 and the Combative Edge M1X, both of which are currently unavailable, with the former being frowned upon in MA for the assisted open. :thumbsdown:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Can someone explain knives infatuation?
#realquestion

I drunk ordered a CRKT tanto M16 last night.
I was actually looking at those the other day as I've been looking to pick up a tanto. Current candidates are the Zero Tolerance 0620 and the Combative Edge M1X, both of which are currently unavailable, with the former being frowned upon in MA for the assisted open. :thumbsdown:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wow. Somehow I missed that gem. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wow. Somehow I missed that gem. :D
Dammit that link made me see Sarah Huckersands face again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I get cheap Gerber knives with good steel, use lapping compound to smooth up the action, re-bevel and sharpen. $30 knife that works like a $150 knife.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I get cheap Gerber knives with good steel, use lapping compound to smooth up the action, re-bevel and sharpen. $30 knife that works like a $150 knife.
At this point, as far as pocket knives are concerned, I have become enough of a snob that I avoid anything that isn't either tool steel (D2, A2, O2), powdered metal (CPM series), or a super steel (Elmax, M390, etc). I've found the metals that come on cheaper knives to dull out rapidly, despite proper sharpening.

But I get it. Easier to stomach destroying or losing a $30 knife than it is a $150 knife.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have a few custom made pocket knives. Cheap labor in east yurp delivers a lot of bang for a buck. :fancy:
Also, bulat a.k.a. armenian wootz WTF.

Also, fuck pattern welded steel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
At this point, as far as pocket knives are concerned, I have become enough of a snob that I avoid anything that isn't either tool steel (D2, A2, O2), powdered metal (CPM series), or a super steel (Elmax, M390, etc). I've found the metals that come on cheaper knives to dull out rapidly, despite proper sharpening.

But I get it. Easier to stomach destroying or losing a $30 knife than it is a $150 knife.

You must skin some tough hookers. Remember, it puts the lotion on the skin or give it the hose again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You must skin some tough hookers. Remember, it puts the lotion on the skin or give it the hose again.
i lost all my bookmarks from guys who make custom knives....most looked like small butcher knives/mini hatchets....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He's currently making his stand on the "you shouldn't wear masks during the pandemic" hill. He's definitely fucking weird.
I am going to guess a whacked prefrontal cortex. I read a few non scientific neuro science books and sit at the peak of the dunning kreuger curve.