2. Tara Llanes
3. Anneke Beerten
4. Melissa Buhl

Check out some more stuff up at: www.mtbphoto.com

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
i have not been on track much, 3 flats but i have all my lines for tomorrow not i just have to keep air in my tires.

having lot fun, tracks fast and big hits, fast bearms and lots and lots of rocks.

both my sd cards died? i have few but lots of people are taking pics.
Hang in there, buddy. We'll get you a badass tubeless setup before the next WC.

jaffro

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
Seattle
I was looking at the race schedule, and I'm confused. Do downhillers out of the top 80 really only get 2 hours on race day to practice?

Never mind, I found the Saturday session

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Oh god, please let UCI see the light and bring slalom back.
they can't really bring it back as they never really did slalom....they were always "unofficial" run by the organizer of each event and they had worse turn out's then the 28 this weekend at St Anne.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
That's so weird, it's such a spectator/camera friendly event. Plus with so much emphasis on cornering skill rather than holeshoting, I would imagine more DH only pros would embrace it.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
awesome coverage by transcend and littermag ... thx !

weird....in europe, saxena builts some ****ty tracks and there are always about 70 starters in 4X...

MSA has a nice looking 4X and nobody want's or is able to ride there... 28 riders is a joke..half of them being euros and also some guys that normally only do DH (minnaar, rennie,..)...

Oh god, please let UCI see the light and bring slalom back.
slalom is really cool but why should riders that are able to jump big and very technical stuff only roll around some corners ??

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
do you guys think lack of MTX riders is because DH and MTX are on the same day? that'd be a long day if you wanted to be competitive in either event.

slalom is already back at nationals (some of them anyways).

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
That's so weird, it's such a spectator/camera friendly event. Plus with so much emphasis on cornering skill rather than holeshoting, I would imagine more DH only pros would embrace it.
You have no idea what a spectator sport is. The Dual takes so f'n long that usually the spectators leave before the final. Maybe DH racers want to watch DS, but the crowds love 4X and that is proven. Also the holeshot has been eliminated with small first straits and multiple passing opportunities on Phil sUxena's courses. So when you know what your talking about, THEN you can voice your opinion.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
©2001;2583910 said:
do you guys think lack of MTX riders is because DH and MTX are on the same day? that'd be a long day if you wanted to be competitive in either event.

slalom is already back at nationals (some of them anyways).
I have talked to some of the guys who usually race both, and that is the reason behind some, also the crashing on the DH course caused seven people to DNS yesterday. When the sign up list was origionally posted there were 45 riders. Since then so many riders have pulled their entries.

Also slalom is gay instead of 4X, but should be run as well.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
You have no idea what a spectator sport is. The Dual takes so f'n long that usually the spectators leave before the final. Maybe DH racers want to watch DS, but the crowds love 4X and that is proven. Also the holeshot has been eliminated with small first straits and multiple passing opportunities on Phil sUxena's courses. So when you know what your talking about, THEN you can voice your opinion.
"Proven"???? How so do you say!

Most of my friends would much rather watch DS than 4X because there is actual racing and drama involved. 4X can be very boring because the course is too often one-lined and everyone just takes inside corners. There is no actual racing going on and comes across as boring.

Bottomline, if the course for either is exciting, making the racing exciting, the spectators will enjoy themselves.