Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This is quite the mullet bike:

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Translation

This vehicle was introduced on CRUST's official Instagram and got quite a buzz. (I'm glad).

It's a bike that is undergoing a scientific reaction, so please check it out.

We've had a customer who has been coming to the store since last year and asking about the CRUST cargo fork. I've been interested in the CRUST cargo fork.

We knew from the context that we were going to install it on the frame he brought in, but we were shocked when we saw this frame he actually brought in.

The frame was originally a full suspension frame, and most of the green parts are made of carbon.

Whenever I take on a project like this, it's always because the owner wants to do it. Or because you want to see it finished, but that alone will not complete the project. In this case, we had many meetings with the owner, and with his passion and understanding of these old MTBs (he has other KLEIN MTBs as well), we were able to create this unique bike. The owner's passion and understanding of these old MTBs (he has other KLEIN MTBs as well) led to the completion of this unique crossbow bike.

The handlebars are Nitto B903 Bull Moose bars for better control and stability. The back sweep is just right, easy to grip, and looks good.

The brakes are all PAUL. Not to mention the stopping power, it's the 30th anniversary and it looks great on the old MTB.

For the lights, we went with the best choice for an everyday bike: SON (formerly known as Schmidt) dynamo hubs and lights. If you've converted your bike to a cargo bike, it's a good idea to optimize it for daily use.

The rear hub is a Phil 11speed Road Hub. If you're wondering, don't worry, there is an adapter for 135mm ends! It can also be attached to older rim brake MTBs and Rivendell.

Nowadays, there are almost no options for upgrade parts for this standard, but Phil has them. And the hub shell is guaranteed for life. It's safe.

Installing cargo forks on bikes brought in by customers is always a fun bonus stage for us, as we discover new things and get scientific reactions like this one.

by Sento

CRUSTのオフィシャルインスタでも紹介されて相当バズっていたこの車両。(嬉しい)

バチッバチに科学反応が起きているバイクなので、気をつけて見てくださいね。。

去年からお店に来ていただいてCRUSTのカーゴフォーク気になってるんだよね〜。とご相談いただいていたお客様。

お持ち込みのフレームに取り付けるって事は文脈からわかっていたんですが実際に持って来ていただいたこのフレームを見て衝撃を受けました笑

元々フルサスのフレームでグリーンの部分のほとんどはカーボンで出来ています。。

こういう車両を請け負う時はオーナーがやりたいって言ったから。とか自分が完成を見たいから。とかだけでは成立しないところがあって、今回は何度も打ち合わせをさせていただき、オーナーのパッションとこういう古いMTBへの理解(他にもKLEINのMTBをお持ち。)があってこんな無二の弩級バイクが完成したワケであります。

ハンドルには安定感を上げるためにコントロールの良いNITTO B903ブルムースバーを。ちょうどイイバックスイープでしっかりと握りやすく、しかもルックスグッドな才色兼備。

ブレーキ周りは全てPAULで固めて。制動力は言わずもがな、30周年だしやっぱり古いMTBには似合いますね。

ライトにはエブリデイバイクの最上の選択肢。SON(旧名シュミット)のダイナモハブとライトを。カーゴバイク化したのであれば日常使いに最適化していくのが割り切って良いと思います。

リアハブはPhil 11speed Road Hub。

あれ?MTBだからエンド幅合わないんじゃ?ってなった方。安心してください!135mmエンド用のアダプターがありますよ!古いリムブレーキのMTBやRivendellにも付けられます。

今ではグレードUPパーツの選択肢がほぼないこの規格。Philならあります。しかもハブシェルは生涯保証。安心ですね。

カーゴフォークをお持ち込みのバイクに付けるのは毎回新鮮な発見があったり、今回みたいな科学反応も結構起きるので楽しいボーナスステージのような感じでお仕事させていただいております笑

by セント

This is quite the mullet bike:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I’ve been toying with the idea of mulleting my Vitus Sommet 29er. In the high flip chip setting, it has a 31mm BB drop and a 64.5 HA. Am I gonna die?
Isn't that a lot? I'm always confused we no longer use bb height of the ground. If it's above 13.5'' you will only have issues with pedalling imho. Just use a bash guard.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Isn't that a lot? I'm always confused we no longer use bb height of the ground. If it's above 13.5'' you will only have issues with pedalling imho. Just use a bash guard.
I don’t think so. In the low setting with a 29 rear wheel, 170 cranks, I’m always bashing ricks with my pedals. I’ve been riding in the high setting because of it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don’t think so. In the low setting with a 29 rear wheel, 170 cranks, I’m always bashing ricks with my pedals. I’ve been riding in the high setting because of it.
A lot as in LOW not a lot as in high. Should have stated myself clearly. Though if you find it too high change it. I am one of those crazy people who will sacrifice clearance for lower COG any day of the week but that's on me when I get angry for powegrinding my bashguard through the trail.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo so I'm late to the party, but I thought a mullet was long in the back and short in the front, not short in the back long in the front. supwiththat.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Is that the first time a new bike comes with a shorter reach?

Even if not, I see that as an indirect acknowledgement that reaches have grown too far. A turning point!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
All the models are about $500 more expensive than their 2021 counterparts.
Their pricing has been outstanding, compared to just about everybody else. They're still great value, even if they've gone up a bit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Their pricing has been outstanding, compared to just about everybody else. They're still great value, even if they've gone up a bit.
Plus, it's pretty well documented that a lot of companies are having to raise prices in response to the supply chain debacle from covid.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Got some others shots but not a big fan of the camera angle somehow my butt was in all of em...I had to sit and coast or pull over...pneumonia was kicking my ASS...Shoulder, ribs and hip were holding up

You can tell when i couldnt breath id sit down and couldnt get air in. Had to pull over every so often to breath.....then I got butt zipped at around 1:15...tire didn't buy me dinner first either...