Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
el gordo, both of those bikes are sick, can't wait for full build pics of the blindside.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
yea those bikes are sick only one thing you need strait line levers!
Thanks guys. I have been trying to find them in red but cant all backordered.... Here are the build specs on the Blindside what do you think..

Blindside Med - Black
Rear Floater
DHX 5.0 Coil 600lb spring / Gonna Get Pushed and maybe Ti Spring
Zook 66 SL ATA for now / 08 Zook 888 RC3 for next season
FSA Headset Zero Stack
Diety Stem 50mm
Funn Fatboy 31.8 2.0 rise bars 710mm wide
Avid Code 5's 203mm F&R
Holzfellers OCT 36T 170mm
E-13 36T Guidering
E-13 SRS White w/ Red Bash
XT Shadow RD -Med
XT Shifter
Syncros Mental Mag Pedals
36H AtomLab Pimp Rims White
Hope Pro II Hubs Red - 12mm thru rear
Thomson Elite Post
2.5 Minion DHR & DHF 3C

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
I/m not and my Wife wants to kill me....... I may sell the Preston I do alot more DH than FR and I really want to race next year so that why I am building the Blindside.. I mean I love the preston its a real nice bike, but he Blindside is out of control I have been starring at it for 2 days now, I cant wait to start on it tomorrow...

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
haha sweet maybe ill run into at diablo sometime. might be up there this weekend, hopefully on the new bottlerocket (fingers crossed).

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Thanks Eball... Yeah I am probably gonna go on Sunday bring my Wife she wants to check it out, I probably wont be able to ride, I started my Blindside build was having a little bit of trouble with the Drivtrain and the E-13 SRS so I brought it to my LBS depending on when I get it back and work and all I may not be finished for the weekend...

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
How's the backend feel compaired to that fork up front? Travel-wise, of course. I'm thinking about going the BR route, but I don't have anymore to exchange my 66rc2 for anything shorter. . . not to mention that I love the fork.

I've been riding an old Dirtbag with Dangerboy Plates. I've kept it in the 6 inch setting because I like the lower BB. . . and I can't seem to convince myself that the loss of .5 inches won't be noticeable. That's just about the only thing holding me back from it.

I've been getting into BMX more, so when I ride my large BR, I keep on feeling as though it just isn't flickable enough, on and off of the ground. It's easy to toss around, right?

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
wheeeuu!! finally back from Recycles endfall Pisgah ride, it was awesome, the bike felt just right for all the uphill and Downhill, some of the uphill was very steep and I had to push (cuz single ring upfront), but most of it I pedaled, the CC DB its awesome best shock ever, its well worth it, it make the Bottlerocket feel like it is a 8in travel bike; I did some drops like 8-9feet probably and it was smooth, the trails were kind muddy and the bike just worked perfect, the rear felt stiff, railing into berms was very easy, going over wet roots rocks easy, the 66RC2X feels great with the DB but I would like to try the Marzocchi 55.

Thanks for the compliments...
Bike Specs...

Transition Bottlerocket Size M
Cane Creek Double Barrel Rear shock ti spring
Marzocchi 06 66RC2X
Hope Mono 4 brakes
SDG Seat and Seatpost
Cane Creek Double Xc Flush headset
Shimano Saint cranks
Crank brothers 50/50X pedals
MRP System 3
Shimano XT RD
wipperman Connex chain Sram 9sp Cassete
Bombshell F Wheel Mavic 312 R wheel
Maxxis High roller 2.35 R Minion 2.35 F
Odi Ruffian Lock on Grips
Easton Monkey EA70 handlebars
Dangerboy Stem
Transition gold spacer and gold links caps.

in the works, Inine Wheels!!! (if i sell my SC Bullit Frame and Kona Cowan :-)

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Gold I9's kid..... That would be the SH*t.... I just got my BS this week how did you get the gold spacer and bolts?? I was thinking of doing a 55 on my 07 Preston but went with a 66 SL ATA and I am happy I did, are you looking for something with less travel up front.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
I just want to see how ot feels the 55ATA on the bottlerocket, Im thinking on the 66ATA also. the spacers and bolts are from Transition.
I9 gold! I like the idea

Mar 4, 2003
Somewhere in Alabama
So I just got my BR back from Spectrum Powder Works. Dang, they do a good job:

It's orange w/ gold pearl decals and a gold flake clear on top. I'm waitin on a few new goodies, but I should have it built back up within the next week or so.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Oh Yeah ... I like the Orange Bro... those Gold SUN A.D.D wheels I saw at Interbike would look killer on that BR.. How much for Powder job? You got to go all gold on that BR it will look sick dude , add some Funn parts the limited ano orange stuff they got... Post some pics when you done its gonna be NICE..

Mar 4, 2003
Somewhere in Alabama
They're out of Colorado. Prices are here. They're very talented and easy to deal with. Turn-around time was about 3 weeks or so including shipping to-and-from, which is alright because I've been off the bike due to a shoulder surgery.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Freshly built with a new 08 Marzocchi 66 ATA and a parts swap from the Covert/Lyrik combo. Only needed a 27.2mm--->30.0mm seatpost shim. Gotta' play with the spacers/steertube/bar height a little before final trim time.

Missing: Blackspire Stinger chainguide - ISCG version on order; the BB mount version wasn't playing friendly with the 73mm BB/granny ring bolts/ISCG tab combo. Guestimating 35#. I'm a small guy who doesn't go super big, so can get away with some light ****. No big dropper/hucker, but I like steep lines.

HA=66 with the fork at 180mm and 68 with it at 140mm, as best as my crappy inclinometer shows. 14.25" bb height at 180mm; didn't measure it at 140mm. Only 0.25" more than the Covert, though the standover is about 2" less. Not really a big deal, though I'd prefer more. Maybe the Syren would work for that?

Will try it out first with the Pearl shock, and then the Swinger 4way Air afterwards. I preferred the Swinger on the Covert, but figure to give the Pearl another shot as something other than the backup shock on this one.

No ride time yet. Finished building Friday morning after working Thursday night, then conked out on the couch afterwards. I've got Sunday-->Thursday coming up free to ride though!

Covert/Lyrik is/was a fine combo. I just wanted slacker angles, the ability to run fatter tires, and a bit more versatility in my only squishy bike as a do it all thing. 140mm down in front for pedaly stuff, up for 180mm for other times. Slack and beefy enough for my hackness.
I'm a pretty dedicated burly hardtail guy; I like the squish bike to have just enough rear travel to soak up things, but still need a larger fork to get the slackness I like.

More bike than I need, and able to take more than my hack skills can dish out, but I think I'm going to have a real fun time with this one.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Yeah that would look PIMP KID....... Seriously I love orange i should of got my BS powdered ah WTF maybe I will tear it down again and send it ou..

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
looks pimp.
if you are looking for a seatpost shim, you gotta go cane creek. theirs are super nice compared to anything else out there.
nah, got one. i meant the seatpost shim was the only new part on the build, other than the frame and fork. everything else swapped directly over from my covert/lyrik combo.

two rides on it; todays better than yesterdays. fork a bit more dialed in, and steer tube/spacer stack trimmed a bit more. been riding my hardtail mostly lately, so yesterday was an off day of riding, between new bike/fork and getting used to squishy again.