Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
My new bike with a Cura 2 in the back and a Hope up front just for Udi and Flo.
That AXS seatpost is really nice but more stroke would be better for me.
I had a buddy make me some Trunion width shock hardware to run an imperial shock. That’s a 200x57 RC4 shock in a Ransom frame designed for 205x65 shock. There’s a bb height adjuster on the link which makes up for the shorter shock i2i. That makes the bike have around 150mm of travel with an easy to tune shimstack. I normally ride a large but I wanted a medium for playing around more.
Short reach, slack SA and mismatched brakes on a Scott... oh and there’s a Hans Dampf! The only thing missing is a motor and some Hayes brakes.

63FB49D2-1433-42CB-A7F7-7C4E1DFE2025.jpeg

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Finally slapped an "Enduro" together. HUGE props to @lobsterCT for the hook up on parts and frame.
My last pedally bike was a Iron Horse 7.5 lulz

Still figuring out this XD driver/cassette issue.. the cassette looks like it does not want to thread on all the way. If I run the chain in the lowest gear it will rub on the inside of the dropouts (Roam50 wheel with XD driver, Sram XG 1150)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Changed my 9 speed X.9/Zee with a Straitline bash/guide for a 7 speed SRAM GX DH, Eagle chainring and Oneup bash/guide.

Waiting on some MT7's too.
20200107_191542-1328x747.jpg

Hopefully no lower guide will work ok.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally slapped an "Enduro" together. HUGE props to @lobsterCT for the hook up on parts and frame.

Still figuring out this XD driver/cassette issue.. the cassette looks like it does not want to thread on all the way. If I run the chain in the lowest gear it will rub on the inside of the dropouts (Roam50 wheel with XD driver, Sram XG 1150)
Granted I've only put one XD cassette on a wheel, but when I thought it had bottomed out, I had the same rubbing issue. Just had to give it moar beans and tighten it even more. Felt like quite a bit of friction towards the end.

Try it now?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Is that the new Gwin drivetrain?

Definitely check the cassette is aligning into the notches and fully screwing into place. I think I had similar the first time I mounted an XD cassette.

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015

Looks Great! Glad to see that frame built up to rideable condition again...

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
New budget-ass trailwork steed (pulling a BOB with tools), also townie and XC / long ride bike. Built with used, free and hand-me-down parts. Think I can break the Deore cranks? It's my first 29er, and I like it. The last "hardcore hardtail" I had was a 2003 Voodoo with Z1. This thing is better.
Second photo is from a chainsaw day in the NF, clearing deadfall.

Also, I put a Shimano XT /e13 12 speed set-up on the Capra. No pics of that since it's always dirty, and I don't believe in washing bikes.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I can't believe you fell for that hype!

:rockout: No, that's sick.
Did it come with recommended settings and rec weight coil?
yes settings...i haz a variety of coils here. will be interested to see how it compares to the ccdb coil. current settings are "climb" and "dh" - I may make "climb" a little plusher for local riding and use "dh" in the hills.

are the folks there easy to talk to?

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
My new bike with a Cura 2 in the back and a Hope up front just for Udi and Flo.
That AXS seatpost is really nice but more stroke would be better for me.
I had a buddy make me some Trunion width shock hardware to run an imperial shock. That’s a 200x57 RC4 shock in a Ransom frame designed for 205x65 shock. There’s a bb height adjuster on the link which makes up for the shorter shock i2i. That makes the bike have around 150mm of travel with an easy to tune shimstack. I normally ride a large but I wanted a medium for playing around more.
Short reach, slack SA and mismatched brakes on a Scott... oh and there’s a Hans Dampf! The only thing missing is a motor and some Hayes brakes.

View attachment 139884
Hey Ben, how much travel do you ride on the front? Looks like 170.

Reason I'm asking is that it was too much on my 160 mm Reign with -1.5° HS, front had a tendency too wash out in corners on all but the real steep shit. But maybe I'm just too weak to maintain a proper forward riding position.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
isn't the push coil a special wind? looks like a narrower wind at the ends?

also, they are completely sold out at the moment. makes me wonder if something new is coming, especially considering they were blowing out the inventory they had.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
isn't the push coil a special wind? looks like a narrower wind at the ends?

also, they are completely sold out at the moment. makes me wonder if something new is coming, especially considering they were blowing out the inventory they had.....
Take a look on Pinkbike buysell, there are a lot of them on there...