Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
how's the recoil on that thing?
Not bad it kicked straight back on tripod....lay down anchor in and let her rip...made a nasty curl of dust and a shockwave that rolled dirt off ground for several feet...thing is a cannon...mike was supposed to make me a tank break for it but never got around to it...

Would put a hole in an engine block easy...was fun to take out..go to desert use a telescope to dial in and watch target...line it up has another scope as well that would reach out even further...
There's a shot of a guy hitting a Taliban fighter at around a mile off a ridge walking...

A 223 next to it, my ar-15 in comparison and my son back them giving an idea of size
Screenshot_20210812-132521_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-132622_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-132551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
2k? I want to shoot that thing!
Stays supersonic past 2500 yards and is 452 grain, it's accuracy is far superior to a 50bmg it's custom turned rounds and they go for $7 a round....
The guy who popped a Taliban fighter was 2600+ yards out...it was a .50 he did it with...so accuracy and speed of this would nail that range more effectively....

It was fun to take to outdoor long range sites...I have had creedmore and a few other custom long range rifles but nothing said "I'm gonna fuck you up" like this....pull this out set up and people stop to watch....then you watch em back off from the concussion lol....
It is exciting the anticipation of squeezing trigger...you know it's coming and the build up is adrenaline...

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
just american things
Yep around here we eat eggs bacon coffee and have our guns sitting next to our plate with blueberry muffins....

No i like shooting and then sell em always...my Glocks are for hiking and protection when backwoods are my keepers...family safety is paramount....these are fun to go out and then it wears off...this is the only one I really miss...this should have been a lifetime keep....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
back to bikes ... now that inventory is starting to creep back here, I'm officially back in 'what bike do I want' mode. Let the "demo bikes with shitty tires for a demo" commence.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
back to bikes ... now that inventory is starting to creep back here, I'm officially back in 'what bike do I want' mode. Let the "demo bikes with shitty tires for a demo" commence.
Doing a demo tomorrow?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've been staring at the one in my garage that I can't ride until my hand is healed. It's driving me fucking crazy. Trying to wrench with a cast that leaves only my thumb and pointer finger free is...comical.
You should have asked them to amputate so you could mount "appendages".

1628864972963.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ok yea that's more tarantula than I'd like, thank you very much.

I'd rather have a tarantula on my leg than a motherfucking tick. I haven't seen a tick in over 5 years but I hold a grudge. I also can't think of a situation where at the end of a ride I have to pick 20+ tarantulas off of me.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'd rather have a tarantula on my leg than a motherfucking tick. I haven't seen a tick in over 5 years but I hold a grudge. I also can't think of a situation where at the end of a ride I have to pick 20+ tarantulas off of me.
I have lyme disease from San Juan loop trail 12 years ago or so...it got under my pant line of the troy lees....burrowed in... DO NOT BURN EM...pull light pressure let them back out..mine dumped it's guts and now I have bouts of it...not cool...total pain I'm the ass....

Tarantulas are great, they come up to you cause they are curious...you can hold em and they won't bite they just crawl around and investigate....I hate spiders and snakes kill em...but tarantulas no way...totally cool species man...awesome critters for sure...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I have lyme disease from San Juan loop trail 12 years ago or so...it got under my pant line of the troy lees....burrowed in... DO NOT BURN EM...pull light pressure let them back out..mine dumped it's guts and now I have bouts of it...not cool...total pain I'm the ass....

Tarantulas are great, they come up to you cause they are curious...you can hold em and they won't bite they just crawl around and investigate....I hate spiders and snakes kill em...but tarantulas no way...totally cool species man...awesome critters for sure...
A friend/house mate had a pet tarantula maybe 20 years ago, during our freshmen college years. I love spiders, and watching it hunt the cockroaches my friend grew to feed it was mesmerizing. The worst part about it was when it felt attacked, because it would shake its abdomen and throw out tiny little hairs which would cause a severe allergic reaction if they'd hit your eyes/nose/mouth.

And also that time my friend didn't correctly close the box where he grew the cockroaches and we woke up in the middle of the night covered by them. I got into berserk mode and spent the rest of the night hunting them down, armed with a shoe, and my friend was all like "NOOO, don't kill them, what am I going to feed Demosthenes with???" :rofl: .

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Sadly one of my few talents is removing embedded ticks.

I used to leave a light on my front porch to attract moths to a big ass spider that built beautiful webs on my front porch. That big girl had about a 4 summer run. Her kids were pretty worthless.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In the words of my wife on the way home, "I effing love my new bike."

First day on her Commencal Supreme DH 29-27
20210815_115712_resized.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
In the words of my wife on the way home, "I effing love my new bike."

First day on her Commencal Supreme DH 29-27
View attachment 163508
it's amazing. 5 years ago i was one of maybe 5% of people at snowshoe not on a dh bike. this weekend i'd say maybe 10% of people were on dh bikes. it's nuts how fast it changed. part of me still wants to get a dual crown to throw on the nomad just to take a touch more edge off...

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Like most things, I'm probably way off the back on this new fangled technology, but just threw a 2.3 mm TRP rotor on the DH bike (which incidentally is still 300-400% better than the most "gnar" endureau bike when ridden on actual gnar) and poof, the huge dead spot in the brake throw is gone. Even with brand new pads and proper bleed, it would take forever for the pad to actually engage he 1.5 mm rotor, which was worrisome when I really needed to shut it down. The thic ass rotor does add some grams, but its stiff AF and the brake feels moar better.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The thic ass rotor does add some grams, but its stiff AF and the brake feels moar better.
New DH bike came with 220's F+R, I'm not complaining.

If I'm riding resorts I want a DH bike, full face and armour.

Fork saved me on my final run of the day yesterday when I landed slightly off line on a small double into a rock, rather than the transition, the o-ring was maxxed out on travel.

Armour saved my wife when her front wheel washed out on a dusty off camber root, OTB and just bruised her ring finger somewhere in the crash. Otherwise completely fine.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
After my debacle last week getting pads, I finally got the right E4 pads for my 220/203 V4/E4 combo. Yeah, no such thing as too much power, but was nice to have.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Like most things, I'm probably way off the back on this new fangled technology, but just threw a 2.3 mm TRP rotor on the DH bike (which incidentally is still 300-400% better than the most "gnar" endureau bike when ridden on actual gnar) and poof, the huge dead spot in the brake throw is gone. Even with brand new pads and proper bleed, it would take forever for the pad to actually engage he 1.5 mm rotor, which was worrisome when I really needed to shut it down. The thic ass rotor does add some grams, but its stiff AF and the brake feels moar better.
Related but maybe unrelated, but TRP DHr-Evos continue to impress (also using their fat rotors) on both my trail and DH bikes. I'll say again if there are no long-term issues like wandering bite or corroding pistons, these are the winnars.