Quantcast

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
damn, the pats were so close to knocking off the colts. oh well, hopefully they'll put up another good fight against the saints in 2 weeks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Given how they were projected to do this season, qualifying for the playoffs would not be considered a choke. That'd be like saying the Tampa Bay Rays choked in the World Series in 2008.
At this point they'd have to flush the rest of their season to miss playoffs.

My comment was based on the assumption that they will be in the playoffs, and will choke in the first or second round.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well theres your problem
They're in the lead of AFC north right now.

edit: They're currently 2nd overall in the entire AFC as well. And their schedule for the rest of the post-season is a little tougher than the Steelers. They still have to play Minnesota and San Diego.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
besides for the Steelers, the rest are a joke...and the Steelers arent that good this year
you talking AFC or just AFC North?

And actually the Steelers are doing really well. Other than the Bengals, their only other regular season loss was the Bears. They beat the Broncos (currently 3rd in AFC; Bengals lost to them in week 1) and the Vikings (2nd in NFC). Steelers historically don't post up stellar regular season records. They focus on getting enough wins to get into the playoffs.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw an article in the NY Daily News comparing Barry Switzer's 4th down call when he was with the Cowboys and Belichick's.

I know the Patriots Nation is in uproar, but comparing one of the worst coaches ever to possibly the best modern-day coach sums it up.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
At this point they'd have to flush the rest of their season to miss playoffs.

My comment was based on the assumption that they will be in the playoffs, and will choke in the first or second round.
By this logic then, any team that does not make it to the AFC/NFC championship games will be considered a choke.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If the defeat was not bad enough, how about an 86 year old NFL owner giving you the bird to rub it in!
Hilarity.
The NFL needs more old school.

Having just returned to Buffalo for the first time in 10 years, giving the finger to the fans is a grand gesture worthy of kings

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Randy Moss. My guess is that he would have retired a Raider had he never received the trade he demanded. And to think everyone thought he was washed up during those sh*****e seasons in Oakland.
BTW, I saw one of the greatest catches ever: Moss at full trot catching and securing the ball while the cornerback is holding one of his arms, then running it in for a TD.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Randy Moss. My guess is that he would have retired a Raider had he never received the trade he demanded. And to think everyone thought he was washed up during those sh*****e seasons in Oakland.
He was just lazy, I can kind of understand his lack of effort. The team was just entering it's downhill spiral.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like the idea of moving the Pro Bowl to the weekend before the Super Bowl, in the Super Bowl city. Sure, any Pro Bowl players who are in the Super Bowl would have to skip the Pro Bowl, but half the players skip it anyway.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Looks like they just gave ol' Dick Jauron the bird, too...
and now the Bill's gave him the shaft
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4664167

I like the idea of moving the Pro Bowl to the weekend before the Super Bowl, in the Super Bowl city. Sure, any Pro Bowl players who are in the Super Bowl would have to skip the Pro Bowl, but half the players skip it anyway.
thered be nobody playing there at all then. i wonder what attendance would be like if it was the week before the super bowl

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's what I was referring to. Given the way they've played, I guess I'm not entirely surprised but it's still odd that they picked the middle of the season to do it.
it happens all the time unfortunately. the coach is the easiest person to fire...i mean its not like he's on the field playing crappy, but they arent going to fire players.
hell a coach in basketball just got fired after 10 games.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
it happens all the time unfortunately. the coach is the easiest person to fire...i mean its not like he's on the field playing crappy, but they arent going to fire players.
hell a coach in basketball just got fired after 10 games.
Mid-seasons firings in the NFL aren't all that common. Usually the head coach is allowed to finish out the season unless things have gone horribly wrong. I'd have excepted Mangini or Zorn to have been given the boot first.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
if i was Zorn, id want to be fired. you has the title of head coach , but someone else is calling the shots. how embarrassing is that?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
holy crap the Raiders won

JaMarcus Russell riding the bench and they get a win, coincidence? I think not LOL
Would of, could of & should of, if only the Raiders kept Garcia. They would probably be 5-5, or maybe 6-4. Of well, I will fully embrace the moment and have beer with dinner, and desert, and appetizer for that matter.:D