Quantcast

NHL Playoffs . . .

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Damn, Hawks threw a rabid comeback last night, only to have a rookie mistake give up a 4 v. 1 for the gwg...

Pens/Caps will be a WAR...go Caps!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Detroit Anaheim game was great last night - that should be a killer series, but I gotta admit - Lidstrom could be the X-factor for the Red Wings - he's so damned good.

Bruins vs. Canes - eh - that was a pretty lame/tame game for the NHL playoffs. Surprised the Canes didn't compete harder. I predict Boston in 5 now after seeing that first game.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Boys sent a message, thats for sure. Cant wait til tommorow night! UC will be rockin! I am tired of all this come from behind stuff tho...

Bs dropped one today...not pretty!

Wings/Ducks went LONNNNGGGGG...all the better, tire someone out for Rd. 3...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Carolina had more jump in their step last night and Ward was stellar in the 3rd - so many quick leg saves. Putting Eric Cole out with Staal last night was a smart move by Paul Maurice. Staal was excellent.

Cool to see Todd Marchant - a Buffalo native - get the game winner yesterday in the Ducks vs. Red Wings tilt - that was a fun game to watch.

I can't help but think that this year's cup winner is going to come out of the West - their games just seem more fast paced and physical.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Pittsburgh needs to find a way to shut down Ovechkin. And the Caps will need to find a way to do better against Crosby. It'll be interesting to see the line matchups when the Pens return home and get the last change.

Great game last night - entertaining hockey. I wonder if that hit by Green on Letang separated his shoulder - certainly looked like it did. Ouch!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Man do I hate Ovechkin more than ever but hey those are some of the most entertaining game I have watched in a while. You can not ask for much more if you are the NHL. They are down two games but it is still not over. I am just hoping that the rookie in net lets the flood gates open in game three.

The games tonight should be interesting because there is a huge amount of momentum up for grabs in the each game. I got Hawks and for some reason the Cans winning tonight.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I predict that the Blackhawks win tonight but it'll be a tough hard-fought game.

I predict the Hurricanes win too with Cam Ward outplaying Tim Thomas.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I predict the Penguins win again tonight. These goalies coming out of the woodwork - they'll begin to show their youth. Varlamov will give up two weak goals tonight, Fluery will stand on his head. Pens win by two goals.

Blackhawks win in OT tonight. Versteeg is involved somehow in the game winning goal.

How do those sound?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That Caps vs. Pens game was another great one. But I think the Pens have figured out Varlamov's glove-side weakness.
you noticed that too? That kid is tough, and I hope that glove side wasn't a fluke! The Pens need a break like that with how good Ovy is playing! What a series!

I am glad Boston woke up last night!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
scott walker is a dumbass, and should be worried.

I didn't see that - but it sounds like it was ugly.

With that said, Boston should remain cool and focus on getting another W in Carolina rather than getting even with the likes of Walker.

Where were those efforts from Chara, Kessel and company in games 3 and 4? Especially Chara. He was way better from what I saw last night.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i didn't see much of game 3 or 4 (aside from the 1st) but they looked great last night. Chara was also the recipient of a slash to the ankle from that Finn. when did the 'canes get so cheap?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Walker is a punk. But the best revenge would be Boston charging back and winning the series. That handshake at the end is brutal...

I didnt think the slash on Chara looked that bad.

Go Hawks! Finish the Nucks tonight!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I saw the Walker punch at lunch (late lunch) - Ward wasn't even ready to defend himself or throw punches. He got a $2,500 fine and no suspension. Pretty weak by the NHL - he should have received a much heavier fine AND at least a 2 game suspension for that cheap punch. Ugly.

I don't mind fighting when two guys mutually decide to go at it - but that kinda crap that Walker pulled - well that's got no place in hockey whatsoever. Brutal.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Walker's sucker punch was pretty bad I am sure he will get at least a game if not two because he is not named Ovechkin. As for Chara getting slashed that was funny. I thought he got shot at first, then on the replay it turned out to be the weakest slash ever.

I really hope the Pens close out Washington tonight I would really hate to see that series go back to Washington. If the Caps do lose that will be something like the 4 time they were up two game in a series and ended up losing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do the NHL playoffs last for 2 years? It seems like they have been going forever. Maybe it's just this thread.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Do the NHL playoffs last for 2 years? It seems like they have been going forever. Maybe it's just this thread.
This playoff season has got to be one of the best that I have seen so far. Potential game 7's for all 4 series. Very evenly matched and very exciting.

This is what playoff hockey is all about.

Let's go Bruins!!!

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
insane hawks game tonight. hell yeah! i'm so a fair weather fan but watching these playoffs could potentially turn me into a real fan..

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What a wild one in Chicago last night! The Hawks move on! Nice work Chicago.

A game 7 for the Pens vs. Caps series - just what the Dr. ordered. I'm rooting for the Penguins in that one. I think Ovechkin could use a little dose of humility. Go Pens!

Can the Bruins stave off elimination tonight????