Quantcast

PNW's Picture thread!!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
i was going to do that, but it was at night, and i pussed out cause i wasn't quite "feeling" it that night... that and because of security... I'll be back some day!:devil:

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
yeah. I think that was the same night at SPU that we got caught by security and told that if we ever even looked at the campus again we would be permanently arrested.

but maybe that was another night.... who knows?

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Doh! Arrested "permanently.... not sure where I was headed in that script of poor english.

It was suppose to be kicked off permanently.. or something like that.

Cheers.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Although I got much higher the first time I did it, my friend asked me to hike back up and ride it again, only I didn't hike up far enough and my speed wasn't as fast so I'm only about 3/4th's as high as I was the first time. Nothing great, but I don't have alot of pics of myself so check it ;)
http://www.ridedh.com/index2.htm

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
That wall ride was sweet to ride. We had a little competition amongst friends on it. I wanna see who was gapping it though. You could see the tracks on the far side. Anyone with pics?

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
When we were up there I saw one set of lonely tracks on the far side where you can gap it, Unfortunently it was slicker than sh!t because it was raining so I wasn't quiet making it that far.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
It's on No Joke up on the Garbonzo lift at Whistler. Yeah, the guy who runs that site is still getting it up so bare with him.

Haven't posted for a while but I built up a new ride today and have to share.

Well, the ol' double-boingy K2 never did work right for me so you will never see it on a trail again. Looked around and decided I needed a new attitude. I think Surly works for me. Ordered the frame last Saturday and got it this afternoon, already had the K2 totally stripped so I ditched work at 2 to go home and build it up. Started working at 4 and had the bike done about 6 so I went out and just donked around the neighborhood for about three hours. I think this is the best bike I have owned to date.

Black Comp 100mm fork with stiffer spring and lockout/damper upgrade, Deore hubs w/WTB double duty rims, Thomson post, LX cranks & ders. Avid disks.

Attachments

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
bibs said:
where is that? looks cool!

diving board drop on rosehill. not really part of the trail, as you have to climb up a weee bit to get to it to get back on the trail..but still one of the easiest and best feeling hits on rose foe' sho' !

tazzmenn

Chimp
Jun 8, 2004
Richmond BC CDN
There is a route to take for hit the diving board. With out having to climb up. You hang a left closer to the top and have to drop down this shute that is long and loose and bam you are above the diving board. We did 6 laps on rose hill that day. Good times!

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Where is that last photo at, tazzmenn? (The one with the long stunt going downhill in the forest, right above this post). And the one a couple above that, with someone riding over a stump? Those are awesome.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Tully said:
Where is that last photo at, tazzmenn? (The one with the long stunt going downhill in the forest, right above this post). And the one a couple above that, with someone riding over a stump? Those are awesome.

I'm gonna take a stab at saying that it and the snowy one are near squamish in Garibali. Is that right?