Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
PsychO!1 said:
I can get us from the DQ to Timberline, no problem. It's trail back down i don't know.
I looked on topozone.com and can sort of trace the glade trail to govy, then the pioneer trail down to welches. I also have a bunch of the Green Trails topo maps of hood at home that i just remembered.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
PsychO!1 said:
I can get us from the DQ to Timberline, no problem. It's trail back down i don't know.
It's super easy, the Alpine trail Comes down from the bottom of the old Blossom Lift, the Glade is just alittle further west of there and drops you behind the Huckelberry Inn in Govvy...I forget where it excatly starts, but if you go to the P-lot a timberline and ask around people will help you...Look for Jim Tripps, he's THE man on the mountain, he knows everything eh...good luck on the ride it's a ton-o-fun although I like the Alpine a bit more. It's shorter, but I know it so well from riding it home for a few years to Govvy that you can just flow the hell out of it. It'll drop you at the top of the Summit Ski hill above their lift then you can screw around there and just drop out to the State Rest-stop there behind the Scumits and the Cheveron.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
frizanko said:
I want to sleep in too. Sleep is good. Hows 11:00 work. Im gonna try to get a trailer but cant count on it.
Charlie, Dave where are ya guys?
I'm here man, I've been MIA for a bit eh. we need to hook up...what's everyone's Weekend look like? I'm free as far as I know unless there's a HUGE wildfire up here.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
We'll be fine! Remember Skookum is going and he can find anything! :D
We are so lost......

Would be nice to meet some Oru gun riders. C'mon Portland welcome as brothers and sisters and buy us a steak at the Akropolis while we're down there.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Get_Some said:
It's super easy, the Alpine trail Comes down from the bottom of the old Blossom Lift, the Glade is just alittle further west of there and drops you behind the Huckelberry Inn in Govvy...I forget where it excatly starts, but if you go to the P-lot a timberline and ask around people will help you...Look for Jim Tripps, he's THE man on the mountain, he knows everything eh...good luck on the ride it's a ton-o-fun although I like the Alpine a bit more. It's shorter, but I know it so well from riding it home for a few years to Govvy that you can just flow the hell out of it. It'll drop you at the top of the Summit Ski hill above their lift then you can screw around there and just drop out to the State Rest-stop there behind the Scumits and the Cheveron.
I was also told to do alpine, then crosstown.... I have 2 greentrails maps from back in the day when i used to play on hood.... back in 95. We shouldnt get too lost.....

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Skookum said:
We are so lost......

Would be nice to meet some Oru gun riders. C'mon Portland welcome as brothers and sisters and buy us a steak at the Akropolis while we're down there.....
:D classic, absolutely classic...**** for 100 bucks we could feed every monkey on the board at the a-krop eh :thumb: when are you guy's riding?

Anyone up for PC on sat. maybe?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Holy sheeit, I just got off the phone with Jason Ding..... he's SCREWED UP. He was at whistler this past weekend and ate it, now he's off his feet for 8 weeks with a shattered foot (same foot as his ankle injury) plus rehab time. If you know him give him a call, he doesn't have much else to do.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
zane said:
Holy sheeit, I just got off the phone with Jason Ding..... he's SCREWED UP. He was at whistler this past weekend and ate it, now he's off his feet for 8 weeks with a shattered foot (same foot as his ankle injury) plus rehab time. If you know him give him a call, he doesn't have much else to do.
that sucks. :dead: i saw him up there, let him and his buddy shower in our condo in exchange for unbending my rotor...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
I hear He went for the Tower of Power and totally overjumped it clearing the whole teeter! HARDCORE!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, that's what I hear too....Gnarcore!!!

Toshi- did you get rid of your old phone? Give me a call or PM me, I wanna ride urban tomorrow morning (de-virginize my hardtail).

Anyone else wanna ride some street tomorrow morning???

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i got rid of my phone, yeah. but i'm not riding tomorrow! too hot + too lazy + sore fingers from all that whistler goodness. i'm doing the mt. hood ride on saturday tho for sure...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I went riding urban today after work. There was a strong wind that kept it pretty comfortable, spending time near the fountains was nice as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cool pics! :thumb: i'm especially glad that you got one off the left of the garbanzo lift. those snow covered mountains got me every time.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Toshi said:
i got rid of my phone, yeah. but i'm not riding tomorrow! too hot + too lazy + sore fingers from all that whistler goodness. i'm doing the mt. hood ride on saturday tho for sure...
**** yeah Toshi, I'll be there too, I talked to Frank today, and hopefully Andrew's going...I'm draging the trailer, so depending on how many there are, I've only got 2-3 bikes/riders in my rig and I'm more than happy to get as many as I can in...I'm headed to Unversal tomorow for my new tires( 2.5 Blue groove front's, 2.35 Neve rears) ...can't wait to break'm in on the Glade... See yall there.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Get_Some said:
**** yeah Toshi, I'll be there too, I talked to Frank today, and hopefully Andrew's going...I'm draging the trailer, so depending on how many there are, I've only got 2-3 bikes/riders in my rig and I'm more than happy to get as many as I can in...I'm headed to Unversal tomorow for my new tires( 2.5 Blue groove front's, 2.35 Neve rears) ...can't wait to break'm in on the Glade... See yall there.
Sounds like we will be in 2 white trucks. 11am ish at the DQ. Will try to have everything by then... possibly stopping one last time at the welches thriftwat.....

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
oly said:
Sounds like we will be in 2 white trucks. 11am ish at the DQ. Will try to have everything by then... possibly stopping one last time at the welches thriftwat.....
Looking forward to it...I've never in 25 years made it up the hill without having to stop at thriftway, so I hear ya... I'll be in a Dark blue/purplish Jeep with a trailer behind it, so I'll be lookin out for you guy's...

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Is anyone planning on riding tomorrow? I was thinking something like wildcat would be fun since there are no uphills and its in the shade, so the hot weather wouldnt be quite as bad.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
Is anyone planning on riding tomorrow? I was thinking something like wildcat would be fun since there are no uphills and its in the shade, so the hot weather wouldnt be quite as bad.
i can do syncline in the afternoon. my buddy is getting in at 1:30 or so, so we could be out there by 3:30 at least...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Frank and I were talking about hitting Syncline. We missed you today up at Hood.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I didnt go up to mt hood because it didnt sound that fun. Too hot and my bike was messed up, but today i got my scream and my hardtail working decently so im ready to ride tomorrow. Syncline sounds good to me.. still havent been there yet. Toshi - 3:30ish would be ok with me, or maybe tim and frank and I could head out there earlier and meet up with you or something.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
TWISTED said:
Ryan it wasn't as hot up on the mountain as it was down here.
Your plan sounds good to me.
Still, my bikes were not working. Do you or anyone else want to ride some street tonight? I want to ride my hardtail now that its fixed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yeah, my pathfinder will be full anyway so you guys should head out there before us.

addition: just as a heads up, there's a good chance i won't show up -- all hinges on my being able to fix the brake...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
any of you guys want to shuttle post canyon friday (tomorrow) afternoon? if not, then i'm going to head out there with my xc buddy and push up from the drop zone area :dead: :eek:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi said:
any of you guys want to shuttle post canyon friday (tomorrow) afternoon? if not, then i'm going to head out there with my xc buddy and push up from the drop zone area :dead: :eek:
I wanna ride. :thumb:
I get off work at 3:30. My phones broken till I get a new one monday so please let me know on RM.

I was also thinking about heading out to a BMX track this weekend, either Newberg or Mollalla. Both tracks are open for practice. The Newberg track has the world famous skatepark next to it if you like to skate. Bmx tracks are excellent practice for working on flowing over jumps. Anyone else interested?

That Red Bull Fluvag thing is saturday down at the waterfront. Might be fun to do some urban down there and check it out.

Thanks,
Tim

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
Id be up for that. Wha time about? Zane and I were also going to go ride larch and other things around there friday morning until maybe 2 or 3ish if anyone wants to come do that. Toshi - Your XC friend would probably have fun there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
how about 3:30 so that tim can come along too? unfortunately my xc friend (thad) is in a conference until the afternoon so won't be able to join you for larch.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi said:
how about 3:30 so that tim can come along too? He's too cheap to buy a car, what does he think we are, some kind of wellfare shuttle service?. :nuts:
Thanks, sounds great. :thumb:
Toshi does Thad have a bike to ride? Do you want to borrow some parts?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
Thanks, sounds great. :thumb:
Toshi does Thad have a bike to ride? Do you want to borrow some parts?
heh. he can ride my xc bike. he'd be more comfortable on it anyway

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi said:
heh. he can ride my xc bike. he'd never be comfortable on your Mountain Cycle crap anyway :nuts:
I'll throw some parts on my 4" MC Zen xc bike if he would like to try it. Might be more like his Blur than your hardtail.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it seems you have a new obsession in this quoting business :D hehe

anyway, that sounds great. i don't know how the rack situation is going to work out, however -- i have 3 fork mounts and 1 wobbly upright on my roof at the moment...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
TWISTED said:
I wanna ride. :thumb:
I get off work at 3:30. My phones broken till I get a new one monday so please let me know on RM.

Well that explains why I couldnt get ahold of ya tonight.. Jeremy and I went to the DJ's off Powell and 172nd.. It was pretty fun. It felt good to just session without having to drive an hour. If anyone whos not going to PC tomorrow wants to hit Leadbetters in the evening let me know.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
frizanko said:
Well that explains why I couldnt get ahold of ya tonight.. Jeremy and got drunk and had butt sex.. It was pretty fun. It felt good to just session without having to masturbate for an hour. If anyone whos not going to PC tomorrow wants to hit my ass in the evening let me know. :nuts:
Toshi and I stopped to check those out on the way back from riding last sat.
We thought they looked pretty beat. I met Ryan (eknomf) and Zane at the Wendy's jumps in Vancouver a few days ago. They looked real good, rode there for a little while before heading downtown pdx.
I want to hook up and ride with you guys, try to get ahold of me. PM me your phone number. :thumb: