Quantcast

Post your single crown DH/FR beauties!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have ridden My fork on two different bikes, and Mine, is an 1 1/8 steerer, the other was a 1.5 And seriously on the 66, you CANNOT notice a stiffness difference. I love my SC fork, I will be rebuilding it again here in a few weks, going to be replacing the lowers this time. Some Nice gouges in places I dont feel comfortable having.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Thats opposite of me, after racing a 66 RC3 on both the F1 and Jedi the feel was so much more accurate and fun. The bike felt alive.
Well it may be that mine was the 35mm stanchions and 1-1/8 steer 2006 so in stiffness it was close to my old boxxer (pre-2005) but no stiffer.
My 66 was "Works" tunned fork, already said that i have to comment that the fox 36 van i rode for a couple of DH runs in a friend's SX trail felt way lighter and stiffer than my 66.

I will love to ride one of the new 38mm (is that right?) 66's with a 1,5 steertube to compare the lateral rigidity.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well it may be that mine was the 35mm stanchions and 1-1/8 steer 2006 so in stiffness it was close to my old boxxer (pre-2005) but no stiffer.
My 66 was "Works" tunned fork, already said that i have to comment that the fox 36 van i rode for a couple of DH runs in a friend's SX trail felt way lighter and stiffer than my 66.

I will love to ride one of the new 38mm (is that right?) 66's with a 1,5 steertube to compare the lateral rigidity.
Yeah theres a differnece between the 2 in stifness and accuracy on railing it. Not that the 35s were bad they weren at all, I loved the 888s with the 35s but 38 is definently a difference.
Either way a fork is a fork and as long as you like it be it a manitou, fox etc... riding is riding! :thunb:

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Bet you wouldn't have seen this set up before!

Classic Turner DHR (2002) with Avalanche DHS shock, 2008 Marzocchi 66RC3's (sorted after many problems!) 180mm up front and rear.

Juicy 7's

Deetrax

Sweet!!!

What do you think?

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
The Turner rode sweet! I don't have it anymore as it cracked in a couple places, i absolutely loved it though. I do wish i had kept the fox van 36's i had though, those '08 marz' were the worst forks ever! Out of the box they had 1cm of play in the lowers!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The Turner rode sweet! I don't have it anymore as it cracked in a couple places, i absolutely loved it though. I do wish i had kept the fox van 36's i had though, those '08 marz' were the worst forks ever! Out of the box they had 1cm of play in the lowers!
Must have been an early 08 version, as the new off the line products definently had some issues!

chufta

Chimp
Sep 6, 2007
Croatia - "here be dragons"
Transformed from a 10", like a sofa handling bike, to a quick, fun, and relatively light bike (currently sitting at around 41-42lbs, with 2ply tires and heavy kenda DH tubes): '04 Azonic Recoil with 7" front/7.7" rear travel, old and ridden hard but still going strong.

Ctrider

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
Some really sweet bikes here. I really have to start saving for a new bike, the old single pivot 5" frame and 32mm stanchions on the fork are limiting me.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
What do you think?
That's awesome. A super burly FR bike. Steep and progressive with a reasonable BB height. I loved my '02 DHR as a hucker bike and would still consider one set up like yours if I was still riding like that. Right now I have no use for a 13 pound frame though so the RFX fits the bill better.

Nice setup, I like it very much!

Sick bike. Seriously, I like the mix of parts and overall look. Bet it rides :greedy:
Bike rides amazing. Keep thinking I'll get a true DH bike with a dual crown fork and then I go for a ride and the bike just amazes me. Not as light as you would think at 38 lbs, but i have code brakes, heavy tires and tubes, and a coil fork and like it that way:biggrin:

FClinder - Sold that helmet in the pic and I still have the D2

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Thats mine.... Now different wheels, brakes, and headset. White syncros dps32 rims with hope hubs, codes with red strait line levers and a red 1.5 conversion chris king headset. When I can ill get a pic from the side.

Attachments

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
wow, nice rig.

noticed you were from Pburgh, where do you normally ride that thing? I'm in Mo-Town, love to get together for some riding sometime, weather permitting.
Thanks. I normally ride at Seven Springs, Wisp, Diablo, Snowshoe. I occasionally take it for a trail ride if I'm feeling particularly freeridey that day.

Where is Mo-Town? I'm not sure how much more riding can be had this year, but I'd definitely meet up at some point.

bbalboy - is that road gap at Wintergreen by any chance? looked familiar...
Looks like the road gap at Wisp to me.