Quantcast

Post your single crown DH/FR beauties!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^Nice looking Splinter!

Craig, not sure about the weight reduction, as it depends on what number you believe for a 2006 888 RC2X...I've seen weights a smidge over 8 lbs, but who knows. Anyway, I'm guessing/hoping at least a pound lighter.

Won't be racing you now that you're officially on a team...Too fast for this old fat man.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
My contribution. Should be right about 33.5 lbs when I put the Ti spring on the DHX.

BTW. Anybody looking for a brand new pearl white medium SS frame?

Attachments

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Better pics.
Wifes bike is almost done. It weighs about 37-38 right now. I hope to have it right at 37 real soon. I have under $2500 into it and parts are new.

Upgrades
-Pedals-Wellgo Mags
-Stem-Thompson-waiting on
-Seatpost-Thompson
-Seat-WTB ti-SHE
-Tubes-standard
-Handlebar-Protaper-waiting on
-Fork-66 RC3
-Cassette-XT
Grips-Ruffian
-Seatpost QR-Hope

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
My old Skool SX enduro..

Built this up from mainly old parts I had kicking around with the intention of using it as a mini DH bike that's easier to push (or even ride) up local DH tracks but just as fast as my DH bike down... Let's just say I wasn't dissapointed ;)

Spec

65deg HA, 12.6" BB, 43.75 WB, 4.5" rear travel, 5.5" front

2002 (Large) Specialized Enduro SX Supercross (1.75" Fox Vanilla R 800lb steel spring)
2005 Pike SL (X-firm spring fixed at 140mm)
Easton EA50 Bars (uncut)
ODI Ruffian Lock-ons
Brand-X 40mm CNC DH stem
FSA Pig Headset (well, two of them actually)
Giant OEM Seatpost -cut just long enough to raise for pedalling up
selle italia SRXC saddle
generic QR seatclamp
Superstar components ISIS BB (larger bearings)
2004 Truvativ Holzfeller ISIS 170mm cranks
FSA 38T DH ring
MRP Type 3 Guide
Cheap (HG50?) 8 speed 11-28 Shimano cassette
8 speed KMC Z chain
XT Shadow Med Cage R Mech
SRAM Attack 8 speed shifter
Avid Juicy 5s - 203mm front, 185 rear
Hope Bulb 20mm front hub DT Comp spokes 32h Mavic D521
Shimano Deore rear hub (converted to solid nutted cromo 10mm axle) DT Comp spokes 32h Mavic EX721
Single ply minion 2.35 front
Michelin comp 24 2.1 rear
XC tubes.
cheap wellgo loose ballbearing DX style BMX pedals

~37lb

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
^^
Neat rig...Especially considering you pieced it together with some old parts.

Btw, why is that BB so low? Did you put a shorter stroke shock on it, or did it really come that low?
it was made for a 100mm fork, the linkage has 2 settings - Low and slack or slightly higher and steeper. in the low setting it has 12" BB and 68deg headtube, a Pike at 140mm only raises the BB a little but slacks it out a lot.

I'm also using narrow tyres 2.1 rear/2.35 front so that lowers it aswell.

the shock is stock and only gives 4.5" travel so the really low BB doesn't cause anymore of a clearance problem than my Sunday's

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004

06 Turner DHR. Lowered w/drilled shock mount, Fox DHX 5.0.
08 Totem Coil, 1.5 steerer.
Hadley hubs, 108pt freehub, mtx r rim, singletrack f, DT spokes. Handbuilt by me.
Highrollers, 2.5, super tacky, light tubes. Normally run dhf minions...bti was out
Shimano Hone brakes, 8" rotors.
Shimano SLX cranks, 170mm, E13 38t ring, LG-1 guide, wellgo MG-52 pedals.
Shimano XT 8spd shifter, Ultegra SL der, 11-28 XT cogs, sedis/sachs/sram chain.
FSA gravity bars, transition temple lite stem, thomson post, fsa road seat.
ruffian non-lockon grips, worn thin.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Heres the next single crown thats joining the Jedi in the stable!
07 Chumba EVO Build is to be as follows!
Bars: Diety dirty 30
Stem: Thomson 50-70mm (havent decided)
Cranks: XTfcm760
Rear der: Sram X9
Shifters: X9
Saddle post: getting Ibeam and I fly
Headset: King of course
Pedals: Xpedo mags (Off the jedi and twenty6s going back on)
Fork: Fox 36rc or 66 ATA RC3 (undecided need to see how high the BB will be with a 66)
Wheels: single tracks with sun hubs for now (I9s after I get back to Socal)
Tires: Schwalbe Big Bettys UST 2.4
Shock: fox DHX5 air (for now, soon to be marz roco wc air)
Thats the basics.....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fork: Fox 36rc or 66 ATA RC3 (undecided need to see how high the BB will be with a 66)
You could look into the 55rc3 if you want to go with marzo but didn't like the height of the 66rc3. Just saying, not that I have anything against a 36rc2 (and I have a 66rc3 that I love, although I am replacing it with a boxxer WC)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
That CHumba is hands down the ugliest bike I have ever seen. It just looks broken already.

Hope it rides well, but even if it does it seems like a clear cut case of "yeah shes fat but shes got a good personality."

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
LMAO! Yeah its not pretty but should make a good FR/AM rig that I can huck! Besides for what i paid I really cant go wrong.
Got a single rtack wheelset, xt cranks and picked up a Z1 fr 07 marzocchi (unfortunently orange edition) rc2 eta all for $200 total.
So it looks like it get the fr/am fork set up! :D
I want something I can pedal with 2 front rings, doesnt wallow at all in its travel but if I decided to bust a NASTY line i dont have to worry about it breaking like a XC/AM rig would. I need something that likes to get nasty on the rocks and urban!

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
LMAO! Yeah its not pretty but should make a good FR/AM rig that I can huck! Besides for what i paid I really cant go wrong.
Got a single rtack wheelset, xt cranks and picked up a Z1 fr 07 marzocchi (unfortunently orange edition) rc2 eta all for $200 total.
So it looks like it get the fr/am fork set up! :D
I want something I can pedal with 2 front rings, doesnt wallow at all in its travel but if I decided to bust a NASTY line i dont have to worry about it breaking like a XC/AM rig would. I need something that likes to get nasty on the rocks and urban!
I vaguely remember you saying this was gonna be for one of your kids, am I crazy? looks like you get all the goodies

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
No he got a Kona coiler for xmas, I got an EVO, a kona stab supreme fabien barel edition 08 Small (brand new) and a mountain cycle Hard tail (nearly new) coming in next week.
Im eithe parting the stab supreme and keeping some stuff for me or ace it as a whole. Apparently there was only a handfull of the fabien barel editions made in each size!
The hard tail Im probably going to build as an urban bike for riding for stamina and DJ/FR. Don't know we'll see! :D

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
My Coiler Dee-Lux
FOX-RC + propedal
2005 Marzocchi 66RC
Saints
Hayes
Havoc 28"
Suv-Abbah 10mm
Singletrack-Zoke 20mm