Quantcast

Post your single crown DH/FR beauties!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
My Faith in its less agressive setup. 66 RC2x instead of the 888sl, XTR cassette instead of the Dura-ace, Thomson stem instead of the Sunline directmount stem.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Yeah ! It's awesome

Xy, your shock is a little bit shorter?

216mm ?

News = The Dhx will fit on the PDC if you remove the Propedal regulation .

Cya!
good guess on the shock - yeah, 2.5" stroke (7.5" travel, 13.5" bb, ~65d ha). about perfect for me.

cool - re: the dhx. i was also thinking of a rocco air...

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
good guess on the shock - yeah, 2.5" stroke (7.5" travel, 13.5" bb, ~65d ha). about perfect for me.

cool - re: the dhx. i was also thinking of a rocco air...
I thought the same.. an Air shock. But think.. The PDC is already TO progressive, if you put a air shock you won't even be close of having all the travel on the bike.

That's what Vitox told me too

65d (ha) :lighten::lighten: I waaaaaant that

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
If you like that bike, check out Zumbi Cycles out of Poland. They make a similar bike (The F44 Ti). I think the Zumbi is a much better looking bike.

http://www.zumbi.pl/english/index.php

http://www.sicklines.com/2007/02/23/zumbi-cycles-handmade-polish-bike-frames/
From Poland and with a VERY VERY similar rear linkage/triangle (the upper and lower links are virtually identical, only upper shock mounting point is diff) to the Karpiel Disco... coincidence (sp?)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
This is my wife's Christmas present. Just finished it a couple days ago.

'08 Cannondale Perp 3

Following enhancements:
X-9 Shifters
Spank Lounge Bar
Straitline pedals
Azonic Outlaw Wheelset
E-13 Supercharger
White Specialized Women's BG saddle
White cable housing

Enhancements to come before the 24th:
White Straitline upgrade levers
Specialized Chunder tires

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
My Orange 222 with a Domain 180 up front. Found out recently it's a 2001 frame.
I got the frame 2nd hand a few months ago & built it up as my first DH Bike.

Needs wider bars and softer spring in the Domain and I'll be set.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Kanter did you build another Socom?
I though you sold that!
Had to throw it up there, new tires man!!!! LMAO + nickle stanchions on the 66rc3.
Running schwalbe tires for this years race season, muddy marys and either the fat alberts or the bad bettys. The muddy marys hooked up frickin KICK @$$ on loose over hard pack, they slaughtered the muddy stuff as well. I havent hit a flat turn on loose over hard yet to see but I assume like all spikes Im going to have to trim the rear centers a bit and weight the outside pedal a little more!
2 things Im curious to see is wet rocks, wet roots and flat loose over hard pack corners! Everything else it does well at.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Nope, I still have it. I was going to give it to the wife and build an M6. I even ordered the M6 and put money down. I cancelled my order yesterday. I got my hours cut at work and couldnt justify $7200 for a DH race bike. I ended up getting my wife an 08 SX Trail 1 for a screaming deal, retail was $3700 and I got it on closeout for $1892!!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Nope, I still have it. I was going to give it to the wife and build an M6. I even ordered the M6 and put money down. I cancelled my order yesterday. I got my hours cut at work and couldnt justify $7200 for a DH race bike. I ended up getting my wife an 08 SX Trail 1 for a screaming deal, retail was $3700 and I got it on closeout for $1892!!
Thats a smokin deal! :thumb: Besides your Socom is sick!
That also explains why you have a bunch of specialized stuff for sale! :D
Intense is releasing new rear drop outs that change the head angle from 1 -1.5 and lower the bb from 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch giving it more race geo. Might be something to look at if you are trying to make it more slack and DH ready.

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
Holy crap, Pebble. That bike looks SUPER slacked out.
I started off in the slackest possible setting and have since changed it a notch because at that setting the tire was hitting the seat collar at close to full travel.
I will probably experiment with the geometry settings over time, but it feels good so far especially, much better than an STP down the hill!

J That looks like a 2002 Orange 222.
Thanks to the wonderful customer service at Orange I now know that it's a 2001 frame which was sold in Mar 2002.

Last edited:
Kanter did you build another Socom?
I though you sold that!
Had to throw it up there, new tires man!!!! LMAO + nickle stanchions on the 66rc3.
Running schwalbe tires for this years race season, muddy marys and either the fat alberts or the bad bettys. The muddy marys hooked up frickin KICK @$$ on loose over hard pack, they slaughtered the muddy stuff as well. I havent hit a flat turn on loose over hard yet to see but I assume like all spikes Im going to have to trim the rear centers a bit and weight the outside pedal a little more!
2 things Im curious to see is wet rocks, wet roots and flat loose over hard pack corners! Everything else it does well at.
Dude, what is that sickness in the background? Looks nice (your bike and the DJ's behind it).

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Dude, what is that sickness in the background? Looks nice (your bike and the DJ's behind it).
Some single crown action pics! :thumb:
Pics:
1: Heres a jump on the expert line, (look to the center of it and youll see my bike for size comparison) the lowers have no centers nad these are getting dug outto doubles. This one is super easy to shootto flat and get some height on! Overshot and slammed flat twice. No desire to after that, too high and too hard!
This ones cool because it lands into a berm and runs right into another big double, you have to whip in the air to adjust to the off camber landing and the berms exit to line up for the next one.
2:When its dry
3: When its covered in snow :D:D

Then one of the ladder drop, were building a 10' one next!

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Wifes new bike. Weighs in at 38 lbs so far. Ill get better pics soon.

Changed a few parts.
XT cassette
Thompson seatpost and stem
Standard tubes
66 RC3
ProTaper bars
WTB ti-SHE seat
Ruffian grips

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Like in the AC/DC song, she's "Back in Black"

As built:

2008 Totem (oil) w/ Mission Control
CCDB with Ti spring (which makes me a lot faster than General Lee and his banal OEM shocks)
XO rear derailleur/shifter
E-13 SRS chain guide and custom spray painted bash guard (hasn't cracked yet! HA!)
FSA seatpost
Cheap, uncomfortable (but light) Sette saddle
Shimano XT stoppers (not pictured, but will be on in about 20 minutes)
729 laced to a 440 in the rear, 6.1D laced to a Hadley in the front
Sunline handlebar (30" or there'bouts)
Sunline stem (65 mm)
Holtzfeller cranks (165 mm)
(broken) Crank Bros Mallet M's
Peaty grips
And the bright green mold is a little extra that comes with living basically on top of a creek...And never pressure washing my deck.

Not sure about the weight, but I'm guessing around 41 lbs.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^
Yeah, I decided to try to lose some weight ('06 888) and seeing as I don't race as much (or at all last year), I wasn't too concerned about losing 20 mm of travel. It does seem a little steeper (even with my obligatory 45% sag), but not out of line with most DH rigs (Judge & M6 being the notable exceptions :) )

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Not bad looking. How much lighter is the new fork, and what's up with your brake choice.

When I get my Sunday built up we will have to race!