Quantcast

PSA: In Stock / On Sale

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Dumb question but is it safe to assume all derailleurs have a clutch these days?
No.
Shimano still do treking and double chainset compatible mtb mechs with no clutch. But they're not rated to work with 50t cassettes and are listed as such so it'd be pretty difficult to buy one in error. IME plenty people with doubles still seem to get it wrong and buy clutch mechs as replacements.

<edit> The XTR double compatible mech has a clutch of sorts (lighter resistance)
The one you've linked to has a proper clutch

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WAO has 20% off Convergence wheels.
HMMMMMMM

Just sent email to them asking about the ratchet in their 350's....

Also anyone have experience with wheelsets purchased through and their warranty? If I damage a rim and it gets warrantied, do they rebuild it for me?

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
HMMMMMMM

Also anyone have experience with wheelsets purchased through and their warranty? If I damage a rim and it gets warrantied, do they rebuild it for me?
They give you 2 options: send the broken wheel back and they'll relace it to a new rim (you pay shipping both ways), or they'll send you a new rim for shipping 1 way and you sort out getting it relaced. Their turn around for second option is super fast, I had new rims to me in 1 week from initial contact both times.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
HMMMMMMM

I believe all new 350's come with 36T if that helps.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
WAO has 20% off Convergence wheels.
Do you use them?
I feel like it would be great as a rear rim on my hardtail, but as a fattie who breaks things I don't want to have to carry a bike out of the bush because I made yet another questionable wheel based decision.
I have a Union on the front.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For teh Canadudes:

XT m8100 derailleur and shifter for $169

XT m8100 derailleur (GS) for $140

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
almost tempting. almost.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
almost tempting. almost.

Bummer, shipping to OZ is almost the same price on top.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Bummer, shipping to OZ is almost the same price on top.
I couldn't believe that OneUp do free international shipping for orders over 99USD.
Doesn't help you, but I hadn't seen any free shipping offers like that for years.

Last order from Germany attracted an extra 15Euro charge on top of the initial postage fee.
Annoyingly they sent a German magazine that weighed half as much as the order.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For teh Canadudes:

XT m8100 derailleur and shifter for $169

XT m8100 derailleur (GS) for $140
I discovered Primeau Vélo opened a bricks and mortar store in my town. haven't been yet. but is that supposed to be a good deal for an XT derailleur?! belongs in the "what's wrong with the industry" thread... :disgust1::butcher: