Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I make something similar, either with pork shank or Lamb shank, but with a Peruvian salsa verde.
Something like this, but with salsa de ají, ajo, and huacatay.
(I don’t have good pics)
this is a good recipe, though.
1719612622910.jpeg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
So, only took one picture. But this was a slow cooker chile verde with pork shoulder (grilled first for ‘sear’ )with onion,
IMG_1812.jpeg
cumin, garlic, achiote, salt, pepper, and dried guajillo powder. Simmered in tomatillo, a little vinegar, and a little lime juice for about six hours. Combined with a little green enchilada sauce, and served with flour tortilla because it is more of a stew or caldo than a taco filling. habanero salsa, avocado, cilantro, pico, and a little onion.
Tan buenaso!!!

(no, this isn’t an Eric picture :D)

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2024
JTown
So, only took one picture. But this was a slow cooker chile verde with pork shoulder (grilled first for ‘sear’ )with onion, View attachment 214050cumin, garlic, achiote, salt, pepper, and dried guajillo powder. Simmered in tomatillo, a little vinegar, and a little lime juice for about six hours. Combined with a little green enchilada sauce, and served with flour tortilla because it is more of a stew or caldo than a taco filling. habanero salsa, avocado, cilantro, pico, and a little onion.
Tan buenaso!!!

(no, this isn’t an Eric picture :D)
Damn that looks delicious

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Treat tonight for kiddo who is going to camp tomorrow, where food will be shite.
I marinated a thick ribeye (4hours) with Lizano, garlic paste, achiote, ground black pepper, toasted cumin, worcestershire, sambal oolek, a little Mexican oregano, lime juice, and a dash of olive oil.
IMG_1778.jpeg

My favorite part, ‘the cook’s cut’ (the strip of fat on the outside of the ribeye, eaten while still a bit crispy off of the grill)
IMG_1779.jpeg

Is this overcooked? (Fuck no!)
IMG_1784.jpeg

kiddo’s plate, featuring local ‘sweet and hot’ pickled jalapeños
IMG_1782.jpeg

some fixin’s
IMG_1785.jpeg

my wife’s
IMG_1783.jpeg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
20240701_163239.jpg

Jalapeño & Monterey Jack chx sausage pan fried with asparagus. First of the fresh garden tomatoes chunked up and added after.

Potato salad with red onion, diced Jalapeño, arugula. Mayo, S&P, a generous amount of chipotle chile crunch.