Quantcast

Random new bike thread

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
That thing has good looks but seems stupid. Concentric main pivot, single sided shock mounting - why?
yeah, love the minimalist aesthetics (even the shock mount detail), but fairly skeptical this bike works well. granted, haven't ridden a concentric bike; do they really suck as much as legend suggests? apparently their last fs bike had some fairly crap kinematics, so perhaps they just don't have a firm grasp of suspension design fundamentals.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
yeah, love the minimalist aesthetics (even the shock mount detail), but fairly skeptical this bike works well. granted, haven't ridden a concentric bike; do they really suck as much as legend suggests? apparently their last fs bike had some fairly crap kinematics, so perhaps they just don't have a firm grasp of suspension design fundamentals.

Relying on damping as squat control is stupid imho. As is the single sided damper mount config. It just creates stress that is not needed.
Open to corrections from the knowing ones.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
that said, bikes these days are generally so uniformly good, that i (almost) welcome designs with inherent janky characteristics - just to keep things entertaining.

however - that frame is 3948 eur (or about $5800CAD) so... fuck that shit?

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
that said, bikes these days are generally so uniformly good, that i (almost) welcome designs with inherent janky characteristics - just to keep things entertaining.

Fuck that shit!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For us lowly Australians it would arrive in the country for about $1200 more than a new Evil Millionpivotsinglepivot plastic frame and the Frenchy is sorta custom geo, comes with cranks, a headset and a chainring.

Oh wait, bottle cage bosses are 50 Euro, FTS!
It looks interesting but I agree with the concentric pivot hate.

$1500USD with a Topaz, made in Trumpaderp-

View attachment Dually.jpg

I have no idea why I can't get that picture to post inline.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I had a Riot about 15 years ago, and loved it. The only other DJ frames I would lust over back in the day were Deitys and Dobermanns. And as I said before, a friend had a Killswitch and it was a neat fun machine when used properly.
I had a doberman for a few years. Loved that frame. Rode street back then, living in the city.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I know this is going to pile a lot of crap on me, but at the time I got driven away of Superco by how fugly their DH bikes were.

<dodges and runs for cover>
Their DJ frames were/are some of the nicest ones around though. I always wanted the 26" model but could never bring myself to spend that much money on a frame that I would never even get close to using properly (I suck at DJ and street). Now that it would make sense to get one for pump track riding I already have a damn sweet ride for that. Maybe n+1?
:fancy:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Their DJ frames were/are some of the nicest ones around though. I always wanted the 26" model but could never bring myself to spend that much money on a frame that I would never even get close to using properly (I suck at DJ and street). Now that it would make sense to get one for pump track riding I already have a damn sweet ride for that. Maybe n+1?
:fancy:
Good luck finding somebody that not only has one, but is willing to part with it.