Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Made that German joke in PB's comments because someone said it was designed in Switzerland and built in Germany. The grammar Nazis came in and pointed out it should be DAS Zahnarzt Fahrrad
In Italiano: La bici dentista. For real though: That thing will be more in the orthodontist category.

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I know it is not gonna be cheap but custom geometry and custom leverage and the possibility to run a gearbox is quite appealing and almost unique (with the exception of maybe Ancilotti who run a proprietary shock).

Anyhow, you all forgot to bitch about the pressfit BB and limited space for a bottle. :brows:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Made that German joke in PB's comments because someone said it was designed in Switzerland and built in Germany. The grammar Nazis came in and pointed out it should be DAS Zahnarzt Fahrrad
They should get their German right, it is das Zahnarztfahrrad
But this bike is not that: not enough carbon!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
They should get their German right, it is das Zahnarztfahrrad
But this bike is not that: not enough carbon!
I beg to disagree. You've got a shitton of blokes paying top dollar for a steel "handmade" gran fondo frame. The material doens't necessarily discriminate what is a Zahnarztfahrrad and what isn't.

I see nothing about Geometry on that bike yet anybody find the numbers yet?

Dude, it's custom. Like, it's only limited by your own dreams dude...

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Oh crap I didn't watch the video just saw images. Hmm okay, I need 475-515 adjustable reach, 135-160mm travel, a 63-65 HA and a 12.7-13.3" BB height then maybe a WB of 1250-1300

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I beg to disagree. You've got a shitton of blokes paying top dollar for a steel "handmade" gran fondo frame. The material doens't necessarily discriminate what is a Zahnarztfahrrad and what isn't.
To a certain extend you are right, but dentists want that the average person can see it is an expensive bike they are riding. So a well recognized brand is the way to go and if you can see the carbon or fancy gold Kashima, even better. Those steel bikes build in the shed by some dude get you street cred with the bike insider crowd, but not much more.

Take home message here is: if you park your Zahnarztfahrrad in front of the Biergarten, it better be the one that draws all the attention.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I don't want adjustable anything... I want a frame to have good stock geo, no fiddling required, and for the frame to be very stiff and dependable.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I would be good with adjustable WB with a flip-chip on the back axle, then a shock adjustment for BB, HH and Travel. Just have 2 options. What is the pricing $5K? Nicolai can still do custom GEO, right?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
When have you been to Schladming? Was there on Monday and Tuesday.
Did you see Andreas Kolb ripping on the DH Gamux?
Good to hear you’re riding again, much to my surprise I quite liked the new jump line. I was there Monday, Wednesday and today and didn’t see Kolb. Probably wouldn’t have recognized the man, but certainly the bike.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Now this is interesting, Barelli went faster on the Grim donut then his own bike.
For sure, there was one turn that he completely missed and I have to wonder if that was due to the wheelbase and HA. I know I encounter similar situations from time to time on setups that don't turn as well. And donut had the coil shock on it. Not to knock it down too much, but I think we'd need testing more like Gwin was describing to start getting more towards an objective look. It's interesting though.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Yeah there's also the learning the trail. Multiple back to back would show more.
I have no idea what's in the video but this a quote from the article:
" It's also a trail that Yoann was very familiar with, having used it to evaluate his bikes over the years."

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, shop I am affiliated with is likely picking up Kona. Looking for a smashier replacement for the SB 100, any monkeys actually own/know the new Process 134?
pare those frames decently light, or way overbuilt?
it ticks all of the boxes.
still going Rocky for the 160/170 rowdy bike.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
So, shop I am affiliated with is likely picking up Kona. Looking for a smashier replacement for the SB 100, any monkeys actually own/know the new Process 134?
@Dogboy. has one and seems to really like it. Mayhaps he'll chime in.

Last edited:

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I test rode one in Pisgah this time last year. With a 150mm fork it did pretty well. Even though I didn't fiddle much with the suspension to dial it in. Appreciated the short chainstays, its a sharp handing bike that is still fun in chunk.