Quantcast

Random new bike thread

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Propain reacted to the criticism with moving the shock in front of the seat tube. I think what the old Intense, SC or currently GG are doing is ideal regarding not getting your shock covered in shit, but where do I store my toobs, water bottles, tools, the kitchen sink on the frame to look full enduro?? :think:
Have cake, eat it too. Shock is protected from mud, fits large reservoir shock plus two water bottles.
Hydration setup is dialed.GIF

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ah yes... there just really isn't any other place on the planet with that view. So tranquil, serene... apart from said jackasses.

Ha ha, have you ever ridden that and NOT taken a pic of a bike leaning against that post?
I probably have taken a picture of that post leaning against my bike more times than I have not. I wonder if I have a picture of that post leaning against every bike I've ever owned even?

:think:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
there's a place like that here but i've never been. it's where people who have never riddin in the mountains go to ride the "mountains" and the epic "slickrock." (i'm sure the place in CO is 3400000x better). effing everyone takes a picture of their bike by the sign. dupont. @canadmos you tried it, right?
mtb project pic:
1614042873765.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
there's a place like that here but i've never been. it's where people who have never riddin in the mountains go to ride the "mountains" and the epic "slickrock." (i'm sure the place in CO is 3400000x better). effing everyone takes a picture of their bike by the sign. dupont. @canadmos you tried it, right?
mtb project pic:
View attachment 156964
Pfft, you won't catch me doing such things.

(mid 2008)
IMG_1223.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
mtb project pic:
View attachment 156964
Yeah did that last year. Luckily (or unluckily), we did it in the pouring rain so we were the only riders out there. Twas a nice trail and ride. The descent back down to the car was awesome.

Burnt Mountain Trail nearby was a blast too. In the rain it was super tech and kind of sketch with all the root balls and log bar things. Didn't take any pics, just wanted to finish without any mud on my back. :D

Last edited:

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Not a bad review. Interesting to hear about the Supreme's shock base tune. I typically send my shocks off for custom tuning, but I am usually trying to squeak out extra performance. A new bike incl. shock should at least give the new owner a starting point to feel out the bike etc. I can only imagine how many riders buy bikes which they think will be the dogs nuts, only to struggle because they are race bikes. Plenty showed up in my local during lockdown.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not a bad review. Interesting to hear about the Supreme's shock base tune. I typically send my shocks off for custom tuning, but I am usually trying to squeak out extra performance. A new bike incl. shock should at least give the new owner a starting point to feel out the bike etc. I can only imagine how many riders buy bikes which they think will be the dogs nuts, only to struggle because they are race bikes. Plenty showed up in my local during lockdown.
race tunes for elite level racers are generally much stiffer than most people can take advantage of. interesting that would be their base tune, but also good for the kind of rider looking for that sort of thing.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
are bike parks in switzerland actually open this time of year? or is it just that bad of a winter?
cable cars are part of the public transport system in switzerland

if that photo was taken in Biel, the downhill track there is accessible year round via the public cable car:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cable cars are part of the public transport system in switzerland

if that photo was taken in Biel, the downhill track there is accessible year round via the public cable car:

we have a manufacturing site in Grenchen, maybe i should start looking for an excuse to visit.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
we have a manufacturing site in Grenchen, maybe i should start looking for an excuse to visit.
Set humus is right. The public transportation train shuttled spots are always open but snowy in winter. We had a lot of rain and warm temps which melted all the snow in the valleys. It’s spring conditions in the mountains and the train shuttled spots are going off right now. There’s also some logging going on in those spots and some trees in run outs of steep chutes.
Ronin just got pretty lucky in Bex, haha.