Quantcast

Random new bike thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Made for a bit much fork but still pretty decent, curved stays, sensible cable routing, no drop in headset and a post mount brake, nice!
1617632025784.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lots of nice details, options for internal and external cable routing. how they figured out to have size specific CS lengths while using the same actual stays is pretty clever (front triangles are size specific, and the BB location is slightly different on each).

but $3k for an alloy frame? the prior alloy frame was $2500.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
it does not currently have a bb mounted main link.

View attachment 158955

not sure how you can tell anything is concentric to the bb

View attachment 158956
Honestly, I tought it would be the simplest solution. Without the unified rear triangle, the chainstays would move too much for the pull link they had on the previous Supreme. I was thinking of a layout like the one on the GT IT-1, but with the shock inside the main triangle:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's all about finding your own niche...

And mechanical brakes on top of that :brows:
despite being a person who seems to accumulate linkages on their bikes over time, I have a fondness for well designed single pivot bikes. They can be 90% as good as a linkage bike but are just so darn simple, reliable, and predictable. Why take such a design and then tack on a floater (which really isn't necessary) and an idler, but leave the linear, mildly progressive shock rate (which would give the highest impact on performance)?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
despite being a person who seems to accumulate linkages on their bikes over time, I have a fondness for well designed single pivot bikes. They can be 90% as good as a linkage bike but are just so darn simple, reliable, and predictable. Why take such a design and then tack on a floater (which really isn't necessary) and an idler, but leave the linear, mildly progressive shock rate (which would give the highest impact on performance)?
Put an air shock on it and be happy?
Why no floater, wouldn't they be more important now that braking force is higher with hula hoop wheels?