Quantcast

Random new bike thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Last Tarvo.
Good looking, expensive, made in Germany. Also, looks fast on the geo-chart. with different CS-sizes and seatangles.
Flexing seatstays instead of bearings. :clue:
Good luck keeping that 700euro paint job intact on those flexing stays.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Works for Kona, albeit not on their endurpo frames. Yeti did it for ages and it worked pretty well – that was never the bit that cracked :D
Yes, but this seems to be a bit too much travel to handle for a flex-stay system. Plus the pedaling characteristics for such systems are tolerable in short travel bikes, such as the XC ones, because they are much less active than a multi-link layout.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yes, but this seems to be a bit too much travel to handle for a flex-stay system. Plus the pedaling characteristics for such systems are tolerable in short travel bikes, such as the XC ones, because they are much less active than a multi-link layout.
Yeah I have to buy a new fishing rod every time I go fishing, silly unbendable crabon fibre.......

I like this-
"RESPONSIBILTY AND ECOLOGY

In choosing our partners and suppliers, we attach great importance to good conditions, both in terms of the environment and conditions for employees. That’s why we prefer suppliers from free democratic countries. For the TARVO, this means: the carbon fibres come from Japan. The processing into preimpregnated fibres is done in Italy. The frame is laminated in Würzburg at All Ahead in compliance with environmental standards. The colored frames are painted in Hagen, Germany. Finally, all frames are assembled, tested and, if desired, assembled into complete bikes in Dortmund."

Whoa, the people that make the frames build some crazy light handlebars, 160g for an 800mm bar is pretty impressive, 105kg max rider weight though.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Whoa, the people that make the frames build some crazy light handlebars, 160g for an 800mm bar is pretty impressive, 105kg max rider weight though.
Have you seen their wheels? :wub:
Too bad the new ones only come in fcking stupid diameters. :rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
PB has a first ride on the Privateer. Basically a DH bike you can pedal up very steep stuff, otherwise not much fun on mellower terrain.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
PB has a first ride on the Privateer. Basically a DH bike you can pedal up very steep stuff, otherwise not much fun on mellower terrain.
Whenever I see that bike I can't help but tip my head slightly to make the seat angle seem less stupid. That's some Chris Porter shit right there, the Pinkbike post even had a slightly Chris Porter-esque saddle position with the nose tipped all the way down. I was hoping the bike would be sweet because the value of the build is absolutely insane. Would be curious to try one, but with those geo numbers I'm not surprised by the reviewer's comment about it feeling like a runaway freight train. I wonder if sizing down would make sense for most people?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It’s definitely a winch and plummet bike.
I think it’d climb more comfortably up steep stuff than my Capra. It’s guesswork without a demo opportunity though.

I’m guilty of a slightly nose down saddle too. It is straight up more comfortable when winching...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I've been eyeing an Airdrop Edit V3 for a while, pre coronageddon:

Not so Chris-Portery to make it unridabru in my local trails, yet progressive enough for me. And the price looks fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this is cool. frame is a total DIY job that was built old school, no CAD.

1589886881669.png

i even learned something from the pinkbike comments: the name of the bike, FCKW is the abbreviation for Fluorchlorkohlenwasserstoff, the German term for chlorofluorocarbons

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

View attachment 145297

i even learned something from the pinkbike comments: the name of the bike, FCKW is the abbreviation for Fluorchlorkohlenwasserstoff, the German term for chlorofluorocarbons
And its probably still lighter than a Privateer 161! :busted: I'm with you tho, pretty damn rad for a COVIDIY project. Just hope there's enough room for 4 bottle cages on the frame.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

View attachment 145297

Hahahaha!

flag
watermonkey (May 18, 2020 at 12:44)
Better looking than an Orange.

sewer-rat (May 18, 2020 at 14:14)
And doesn’t sound like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin.

Also, good on the bloke for having a proper go, I'd ride it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Czech steel brings back memories of Kangaroo bikes from way back when.
Wasn't there another Czech brand that made single pivot downhill bikes? More refined looks than Kangaroo and I think 160 or 180 mm travel only? All frames that I ever saw were white, can't remember the name though. Dammit, I am getting old!

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
Any rumours of Trek new Slash? Current model is quite old, will new one come this summer?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Wasn't there another Czech brand that made single pivot downhill bikes? More refined looks than Kangaroo and I think 160 or 180 mm travel only? All frames that I ever saw were white, can't remember the name though. Dammit, I am getting old!
I can hardly remember 20mm axles... Not the same era as Kangaroo, maybe an earlier iteration of RB / Racebike?

Last edited: