Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Want to come work on my old ass Nissan/Datsun 5500lb fork lift?????
What vintage was it?

I had to work on a TCM a couple of months ago, it had to be a 70's model, there was no roll frame and the roof was attached to the mast only, so it moved when you tilted.
To put a new lift hose on you had to jack and block the carriage up then sling the lift cylinder just so you could get to the hose fitting.
Then the hose was so stiff it couldn't be rotated so we just snapped it in half.
7636190123878027660.jpg

The hose dude use the words "Full Send", needless to say he used the wrong fitting so I had to pull it all apart again and get the hose cut and a correct fitting installed, yay.

Old neglected stuff is no fun.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
What vintage was it?

I had to work on a TCM a couple of months ago, it had to be a 70's model, there was no roll frame and the roof was attached to the mast only, so it moved when you tilted.
To put a new lift hose on you had to jack and block the carriage up then sling the lift cylinder just so you could get to the hose fitting.
Then the hose was so stiff it couldn't be rotated so we just snapped it in half.
View attachment 216716
The hose dude use the words "Full Send", needless to say he used the wrong fitting so I had to pull it all apart again and get the hose cut and a correct fitting installed, yay.

Old neglected stuff is no fun.
I'd say late 80's. Has the H20 in it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'd say late 80's. Has the H20 in it.
Nice, I put a electronic ignition conversion in a friend's H20 last week, they are a fantastic engine.
Have you got one of the shitty little Century inline propane mixers with the turnbuckle or a nice one on the top of the carb?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nope, mine runs on gasoline.
local guys says I should convert the to propane.
So you have nothing there for the propane system? If so I'd stay on gasoline.
If you only use it for a few minutes at a time gasoline is better too, burning propane makes more water and you often get milky oil if the engine doesn't run for long.
Propane doesn't need as much fiddling in older engines to keep it running well and is usually easier to start over gasoline, plus you don't have to worry about a rusty fuel tank.
These are pretty reliable, unless you have lots of rust in your cooling system, but that will be the same with any propane system.
1723551678161.png

I think an Inline CA55 might work, when they get old they tend to stick, but that's after a bunch of years.
A downdraft 90deg type is usually the best long term but they can be more work to fit and can add some height.

Then you need your coolant hoses in and out, a HP propane hose, delivery hose, brackets, and a tachometric relay or whatever you need to be legal there to turn the gas off when the engine stops.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yeah I like Toyota and old Nissans mostly, 5 series was like the 100 series Landcruiser, they peaked there and has been a slow electronic BS spiral down since then.

I think Hyster/Yale's main problems seem to come from their fancy dashboards. I was told they use Bluetooth for the dash data transmission but I don't know if that is accurate.
A lot of the cheaper models are re-badged Chinese forklift painted yellow with a Hyster or Yale sticker slapped on.
Those lithium battery Hysters could be chinese but they work well!

Most of the propane fleet are 10+ years old now.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Those lithium battery Hysters could be chinese but they work well!

Most of the propane fleet are 10+ years old now.
I'm not sure I ever saw an electric Hyster, only ever saw one lithium battery forklift, but that was a terrible example.
Is it fully designed around a lithium battery or do they just slap some steel in the battery box to keep the load rating the same as a lead acid battery forklift?
I think SMV do a 16t electric forklift, the current input for the charger was something like 300A.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This is more about AI than bikes…but seriously, do the morons that are making these images seriously look at the finished product, and think “Ahhh…good enough”.

(this is a scam site)

OR: Are even the ‘producers’ of this content bots as well?
JFC, the Dystopia is happening. It’s here.
1723597965610.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is more about AI than bikes…but seriously, do the morons that are making these images seriously look at the finished product, and think “Ahhh…good enough”.

(this is a scam site)

OR: Are even the ‘producers’ of this content bots as well?
JFC, the Dystopia is happening. It’s here.
View attachment 216754
That's nuts, it hurts my brain.