Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dogfish Head 60min IPA. I really wanted to try the 90min but @ $12/4pack I let it pass. The 60min is absolutely lovely though.
The 60 is good, but the 90 is a lot better. Treat yourself sometime, it's stellar. I had one last night in fact.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
The 60 is good, but the 90 is a lot better. Treat yourself sometime, it's stellar. I had one last night in fact.
I think I'm going to talk the gal into treating me tomorrow after I bust ass in the yard all day, seeing as I'm almost done polishing off this 6'er by my lonesome.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
last night, winter ales

Snow Cap from Pyramid
winter something from Alaskan.

now, water. lots and lots of water....

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
New Glarus Alt, brewed in 2008. Decided I have too many beers that are "aging" in either my fridge or the basement, so took the opportunity for a "reward" for fixing the toilet.

Beer is good, like an imperial amber, and the 9.5% alcohol has mellowed out a LOT. Definitely tasty, and can't believe that it was sold as a normal seasonal ($6.99/6-pack) back in 2008. I'd LOVE for them to bring this back.....

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
DFH 90 Minute. Awesome as always.

Oskar Blues Gubna. Good stuff! And powerful...

I also have a Great Divide Hibernation Ale. But I'm not sure if I'll get to it tonight...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
DFH 90 Minute. Awesome as always.

Oskar Blues Gubna. Good stuff! And powerful...

I also have a Great Divide Hibernation Ale. But I'm not sure if I'll get to it tonight...
Well, I got to the Hibernation Ale.
But that wasn't very smart.
Today started off a bit rough.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just cracked open the first bottle of my new batch of IPA.... Interesting.
Colour and clarity are bang on what I was aiming for.
The nose is slightly fruity with less of the resinous hop hit I was hoping for.
On the palette first a strange slightly smokey hint to it sort of a charcoal or coal smoke not wood smoke??? Only faint but it's noticeable, dammed if I know where that came from? next coming through was a lil sweet maltiness which gave way to the bitterness from the 12.2 alpha hops I used early on in the brew (green bullet pellets), but then there was a sudden big hole on the palette kind of partway through like an empty spot? hard to explain but that's the closest sounding, And all the late hopping I did seems to had done bugger all... None of the more oily resinous hops flavours and aromas were there anything like what I wanted. Think I'll try doubling the late hopping next time and switch to straight Goldings instead of 50/50 Goldings/Riwaka.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just cracked open the first bottle of my new batch of IPA.... Interesting.
Colour and clarity are bang on what I was aiming for.
The nose is slightly fruity with less of the resinous hop hit I was hoping for.
On the palette first a strange slightly smokey hint to it sort of a charcoal or coal smoke not wood smoke??? Only faint but it's noticeable, dammed if I know where that came from? next coming through was a lil sweet maltiness which gave way to the bitterness from the 12.2 alpha hops I used early on in the brew (green bullet pellets), but then there was a sudden big hole on the palette kind of partway through like an empty spot? hard to explain but that's the closest sounding, And all the late hopping I did seems to had done bugger all... None of the more oily resinous hops flavours and aromas were there anything like what I wanted. Think I'll try doubling the late hopping next time and switch to straight Goldings instead of 50/50 Goldings/Riwaka.
^^:nerd:^^

I too am relaxing with home brew. It's brown, has some hops, and is alcoholic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Have you had any of the other offerings from 21st Amendment? I only ask cause I've got 2 of their beers available to me locally but I'm more interested in the IPA than the watermelon wheat (barf!!)....
negative. this is the first time i will try anything of theirs. I'll let you know tonight when I crack one. Though I have heard good things about them.

FWIW, I found a beer store recently that has a large selection of beers I've never tried. So every time I go there I get stuff I've never had before.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have to be honest, I agree with SS on that one. Fat Tire fvcking blows.
What? You guys are crazy. Fat Tire is way better than some of the other"good" brews like Sierra nevada, Anchor etc.

Oh, and one other thing I wanna profess...

Good beer is even BETTER when you drink it out of a glass vs straight out of the bottle.
:thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
By the way, Uff Da is coming back, but as a Spring/Summer release. Not quite sure why, as it's the perfect cold-weather beer (dark, sweet, and 7.3% alcohol).
nice.

just got a gig writing for Sud, Wines & Spirits. gonna be fun researching for my article.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Sierra Nevada Celebration. Not usually a huge fan of SN as I like the taste of hops and not the rip-the-enamel-off-your-teeth bitterness, but this is pretty good. The price is also right up my alley as well ($12.89/12-pack).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sierra Nevada Celebration. Not usually a huge fan of SN as I like the taste of hops and not the rip-the-enamel-off-your-teeth bitterness, but this is pretty good. The price is also right up my alley as well ($12.89/12-pack).
I always buy a 6-pack for Christmas dinner. Its gotten to be a tradition despite the fact that my first experience with that beer ended not so merrily. :bad:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Torpedo, but their Porter and Stout are both pretty good for the money. Haven't had Celebration, since winter ales like that don't tend to be my thing. If I want a beer to curl up by the fire with, it'll be a RIS.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I really dig the Celebration Ale. :thumb:

Will have to grab some more soon.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Torpedo, but their Porter and Stout are both pretty good for the money. Haven't had Celebration, since winter ales like that don't tend to be my thing. If I want a beer to curl up by the fire with, it'll be a RIS.
It's not really a winter ale, it's listed as an "American IPA" on beeradvocate, and that about sums it up. Think dry-hopped IPA, or maybe even just a dry-hopped APA. Thankfully not the "gingerbread-in-a-bottle" that Christmas ales are.

I hear you on the "curling up by the fire with an RIS", but this is slightly more my choice. Now if only they'd bottle it instead of only being available at the brewery...

Tyranena's Barrel Aged Spank Me Baby

Last edited: