Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Last night I went to a pub that had some nice beers on tap, so I sampled a few. My list:

Sam Adams Noble Pils (before I left the house)
Dogfish Head Special Release
Harpoon IPA
St. Bernardus Abt 12 ($15/glass but SO damn good...)
Ack....I count my lucky stars that I can get a 22oz. bomber for 10 bucks here...or a 12 oz. draft pour for 9.....

Tonight has accounted for:
Glass of Duck Pond Pinot Gris (My dad came over for dinner...shaddup.)
Laughing Dog Alpha Dog IIPA (Good. Not great.)
Trader Joe's 2010 Vintage Ale (Pretty damn good for a beer w/ spices and junk)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Had a Firestone Double Jack last night. It was pretty good but I still don't have a taste for IPAs I guess, I would have preferred a stout or a Belgian of some sort.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Picked up a 2011 Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine (ok, 2 4-packs). Now the only problem is having the patience to not drink them for the next couple years... Maybe breaking out a 2010 vintage might hold me over?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Picked up a 2011 Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine (ok, 2 4-packs). Now the only problem is having the patience to not drink them for the next couple years... Maybe breaking out a 2010 vintage might hold me over?
Bourbon Barrel Barleywine sounds like a win of epic proportions.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Yeah, I took it in the pooper with that one. FYI, don't start a tab when there are expensive beers on tap...
We've got a place out here called Brouwer's...60-ish quality taps (about a quarter are Belgians) then probably close to 300 different beers in bottles...and quite a scotch selection to boot w/ good food.

We usually start pub crawls there (and leave a large part of our fundage)...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Having another Rothaus Pils while I get stuck into brewing my next batch of IPA. :)
Only an extract brew but hey we all have to start somewhere..... Ive got a new 60L stainless steel fermenter arriving hopefully this weekend. :D

Going to go harder on the hops this time, Super Alpha (12.7%) and 100grm Riwaka (5.9%) dry hoping in the fermenter just to see what happens. :thumb:

Should i go 100grm on the Super A as well? What'd ya think?

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Having another Rogue Chocolate Stout, I think this is becoming my go-to beer.
Nice! I'm a Rogue fan. I just found out the local Publix Liquor is privately owned by some beer enthusiasts. The gal who was there (that I assume is owner/part owner) gave me some solid recommendations. Next time I'm in there I'll be getting a 6'er of Rogue Mocha Porter. Apparently it's the bee's knees, the cat's pajamas, the... It's good from what I here.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
My new fermenter/conditioner
My bro-in-law got a sweet conical fermenter for his brother a couple years ago. The increase in quality of production was marked.

Nice! I'm a Rogue fan. I just found out the local Publix Liquor is privately owned by some beer enthusiasts. The gal who was there (that I assume is owner/part owner) gave me some solid recommendations. Next time I'm in there I'll be getting a 6'er of Rogue Mocha Porter. Apparently it's the bee's knees, the cat's pajamas, the... It's good from what I here.
The Double Mocha Porter is even betterererer. (Comes in a blue bottle...)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Bourbon Barrel Barleywine sounds like a win of epic proportions.
Oh yeah... :drool: Central Waters is one of my favorite breweries out here, and their limited releases are phenomenal (Bourbon Barrel Barleywine, Bourbon Barrel Stout, Peruvian Morning, Illumination, etc). Plus, since they're not that famous, it's reasonably available.

Had a Peruvian Morning last night with the wife, and it was definitely a yummy, yummy imperial stout.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh yeah... :drool: Central Waters is one of my favorite breweries out here, and their limited releases are phenomenal (Bourbon Barrel Barleywine, Bourbon Barrel Stout, Peruvian Morning, Illumination, etc). Plus, since they're not that famous, it's reasonably available.

Had a Peruvian Morning last night with the wife, and it was definitely a yummy, yummy imperial stout.

I'll have to give them a shot if I get the chance.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Actually swung by the store today to see about picking up some more just in case you wanted to do a trade...

BBBW - Gone.
Peruvian Morning - Gone.

Me and my big fat mouth. :(
Crap. Thanks for trying though. Are they limited releases or is there a decent chance there'll be more soon?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Disaster. :D

That's cool, I think you've got a ton of stuff in WI that I can't find down here. I'll PM ya.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Sam Adams Noble Pilsner and
Newcastle
both 22oz'ers.
Although since I have tomorrow off, I should be drinking more...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
One month without a beer, 31 straight days finally over!!! Just wanted to see if I could do it. Celebrating with an O'dells Isolation ale. I missed you sweet, sweet beer!!!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just had an Old Rasputin, starting to like it more. Might have another to get me through this Spanish paper.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
more Oskar Blues Ten FIDY last night. Man that stuff is gooooooood. Almost syrup but 10.5% really does the trick.

Was going to take a pic but got too tossed and forgot. Here's one I found on the intrawebz.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Actually swung by the store today to see about picking up some more just in case you wanted to do a trade...

BBBW - Gone.
Peruvian Morning - Gone.

Me and my big fat mouth. :(

SUCCESS!!!! Went back to my go-to grocery store and sure enough they had a decent amount of it in stock. PM me if you want to do a trade.

:thumb:

Last edited: