Quantcast

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Started the night (afternoon) with CW's Peruvian Morning imperial stout. From there it went to MGD on tap with alternating jello shots and peppermint schnapps whenever the Packers scored. Gotta love a good ole redneck bar in WI for watching the Packers in the Superbowl.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Bro-in-law came over and we had quite a selection...

First beer of the game was:

Firestone Walker's 14th Anniversary Ale (Bourbon barrel aged...12.5% of good-godly-goodness...seriously one of the best beers I've drank....Ever.)

Moved to:

Firestone Walker IPA

Then onto:

Surly Furious

Followed shortly by:

21st Amendment IPA

Still to go down tonight:

Hale's Supergoose IPA & a sour of indeterminate origin as of right now (I'll look at the label later).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^^^^^^ "India Style Black Ale"?

Is that like a Black IPA? Or something completely different? Regardless, might have to check that out.
yes. :D

the back label sounds like they are trying to take credit for the style. :eek:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bro-in-law came over and we had quite a selection...

First beer of the game was:

Firestone Walker's 14th Anniversary Ale (Bourbon barrel aged...12.5% of good-godly-goodness...seriously one of the best beers I've drank....Ever.)

Moved to:

Firestone Walker IPA

God Dammit. :mad: Where are all of you assholes finding Firestone? Is Colorado the only state in the Union still not carrying them? :rant:

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had a big night last night, Went to Hashingo Zake and had a Townsend Cathcarts NTA on the hand pump then headed over to the malthouse and had the following;
Yeastie Boys "Pot Kettle Black"
Emersons "Tally Ho!"
Tim Taylor "Landlord" real ale,
Badger "Golden Champion"
Badger "First gold" (single hop real ale),
Fullers "Winter Ale",
Fullers Vintage ale (From the 2000 vintage)
Then back to Hashingo Zake for a Twisted hop "Challenger" bitter on the hand pump.

I still don't understand why I didn't get a hangover today????????

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Starting my B-day off with some Natty Ice my dad brought over this morning followed by the good stuff......Coors Light.LOL Then going to Reno for some gambling and boozing later this afternoon.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Herbal "breath-easy" tea (wife has pnemonia and i'm coming down with something)

LAst night though, I had a real good "flemish sour" that they had on tap at the local bre-pub. The uneducated palate of the folks that worked there couldnt appreciate how good it actually was. To them it was "to sour", to me it tasted like a rodenbach mixed with some geuze!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Last night went out to a very nice, reputable place.

Lagavulin 16 to start
Almquist Cellars Nebbiolo (Medium bodied Italian red that is waaaaay too good...)
Warmed Grand Marnier (paired with an orange infused creme brulee.....pure magic)
Finished off at home with a Duvel.

Done and done.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Just got off work, livin' the High Life.
With taquitos.
I rock.
Possible reverse happy hour later & a Sushi place for a birthday. So hopefully more drinking...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm drinking a Kirkland (Costco house brand) IPA. Not bad. $18 for a 24-bottle case with 6 each of a hefeweizen, IPA, amber ale, and a "german style lager"!

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Splurged and treated myself to some AMAZING Dogfish Head 90min IPA. When paying $13 for a 4 PACK your expectations are a little high, and this met or exceeded all of them...

Ninety by FLWill, on Flickr

Ninety by FLWill, on Flickr

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DFH 90min is good beer, I'm not sure I'd categorize it as AMAZING, though. For my money, Bear Republic's Racer 5 is a better IPA and it's substantially cheaper.

Drinkin' coffee this morning. Can't seem to wake up today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Splurged and treated myself to some AMAZING Dogfish Head 90min IPA. When paying $13 for a 4 PACK your expectations are a little high, and this met or exceeded all of them...
$13??? You overpaid. It should be $10 max.

Good beer though.

For my money, Bear Republic's Racer 5 is a better IPA and it's substantially cheaper.
And you get six instead of four! :thumb: